Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Reducing The Votes For Objective Maps

KitBallard

(Yes i know don't kill me like last time.)

Today we have been playing 5 or more Obj-Maps in a row since they keep appearing in the Votesystem.

I don't know if there is already a conversation going on about this and if not, then you'll see it first here.

Apperiantly (like always) there are many people who vote for Obj- Maps than normal decent maps and it

quite bothers me and others. Since the Votemap System has changed, everytime we won/lost on a map there is a

Obj-Map showing on the screen, which gives players a huge urge to vote for that map, and today was the day were we played 5 in a row and it was horrible. I know myself thats the decision of the player on the Server but this is redicilous.

So my suggestion is: (if its possible) that we reduce the amount of availability for Objective Maps so we can vote

for normal Maps first,like a counter. After 2-3 Normal Maps you are able to vote for any Objective Map,and after that another counter till the next vote for them.

Thats basically it.

Cheers

Edited by KitBallard
  • Like 4

No, people on the server seem to genuinely like playing objective maps. It's basically most everyone on the server's fault. They're just mostly retarded.

In any case a new votemap system is coming from what I have heard.

I think we all know that many players are retarted and such but not everyone. If somebody screams ''OBJECTIVE PHARMACY,VOTE FOR PHARMACY'' then of course we will get a ridicilous bad map even normal ones, i just want to reduce the Objectives since they are a bit overplayed and they don't quite fulfill the needs in Surviving. It's basically ''Run and die'' cuz we mostly never gonna make it. We really need to play more normal Maps, otherwise we are surrounded by immature little Kids who are screaming for Objectives,and if they made a huge profit or not.

I don't say Objectives aren't fun, they really do but it gets boring after 1-2 hours of playing them through.

You could make other people's votes invisible.

In CSGO/CSS minigames no one sees other votes until a map is picked when you rtv... anonymous voting would be awesome.

If you do that, you will still be able to see the percentage of votes on that map. If you get rid of that as well, the vote map will feel boring and bland. It won't really feel appealing aesthetically

I would rather improve the quality of playing zs then what it looks like... graphics dont matter nearly as much as gameplay.

Edited by FoxHound

the only problem i can see if we make voting invisible is a ridiculous amount of people screaming for maps over the mic and chat. its already bad enough as it is.

so were on vote system #3 now correct?

#1 was good because we had a very wide # of maps to choose from, and it limited obj maps from appearing ALL the time.

system #2 was bugged and sucked so we won't get into that.

#3, the current system, is good in that it shows pictures of the maps, but has fewer # of maps to choose from, and usually at least one obj map will end up on the list and get picked 90% of the time.

so really, the only improvement were getting with the new vote map list is picture of the maps.

i think i basically just reiterated a lot of what was already said here. new map system is good, but we need to limit how often obj maps appear on it, because they are getting picked almost EVERY time.

#2 and #3 added the RTV system to the server, with #3 being much more consistent. The RTV lasts the whole map, it doesn't have a timer and gives people a chance to force a map change if something is going wrong. The current rotation is also a little bit messed up, but it's going to get fixed real soon!!!

After the last few fixes we have to push on live, rotation should be the old one, with the same maps!

As I said, it wasn't the vote system which was broken itself. We messed up with the list of maps that should be on the rotation. We fixed that, and the rotation is going back to what it was before, with the new vote system (ShoutVote).

If we start restricting people from doing things when a votemap starts, we don't know how that's gonna end. You are gonna find this or that reason to mute everyone on a votemap, and so on with the restrictions. I don't think any of those represent a solution for anything.

If we wanted the server only for good and experienced players it would probably be password protected. Our server is for everyone to play. And if they (the majority of the players) vote for this or that objective map, so be it. Can't say they are "autists" because they do vote for a bad map every now and again.

If we start restricting people from doing things when a votemap starts, we don't know how that's gonna end. You are gonna find this or that reason to mute everyone on a votemap, and so on with the restrictions. I don't think any of those represent a solution for anything.

Have I been on a different page this entire time? I've been talking about the votelist, not !votemap. One of us is horribly misinformed.

I think this is about the e votemap system at the end of maps, not shoutvote?

Anyways, we all know MOST people on the server choose shit maps most of the time. Which is to say they are probably borderline autistic.

The suggestion (s) could be formatted so it only mutes, gags, and makes votes invisible (and percentages) only when it is time to vote for a new map.

• Like 2

I'd be up for something that obscures who voted for what until after the map that got the most has been chosen. This way the first person who gets to vote WON'T monopolize the entire vote when every lemming goes to vote for the same map.

I agree with some of the ideas like this. I just said what I said because I know where it ends when we start with "it would help with the autism", etc.

• Like 1

Can we also fix the system rotation, because it's seriously a pain in the ass to play pharmacy -> enervation -> evac (yes, literally exactly in that order) more than "several times" a day. (Also because server population really doesn't have the capacity to complete any other objective map on any given condition.)

Edited by Edgy
  • Like 1

it also seems like the amount of rounds it takes for a map to reappear on the votemap list is quite short (3 rounds if i'm not mistaken). if we make it more like 8-10, i think it would really help with map variety.

current map rotation: insurance, evac, infirmary, pharmacy, insurance, enervation, neighborhood, pharmacy, (insert 10 minute game of some shit map here), evac, 6 rounds of boring mall beta b1 with OP hallway, enervation, etc

• Like 1