Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Zombie Improvements

BraillingLogic

Hi, this has been a long time coming now, but I'm gonna throw out a list of Zombie improvement ideas that may/may not be useful. Keep in mind, many of these suggestions have been echoed through out the community, and I, myself, along with many others have expressed similar opinions years back (1-2 years ago), but were shot down due to the coders, at the time, being either unfamiliar with Jetboom's original code, or not willing to delve into attempting to mess with the original code. But, here goes:

General Zombie Improvements

+ Zombie Pointsaving

• - Essentially zombies get points now. Maybe 10 points for eating a brain, a few points for doing damage to barricades, etc.
  • - Maybe, in the future, depending on new spawn mechanics, maybe get points for being spawned on, or your "nest" being spawned on
  • - It provides an incentive for pointwhore zombies to continue to play rather than tab out and afk
  • > May lead to humans nailing a bunch of props and then destroying them as zombie, depending on the point viability

+NEW! Zombie Point Perk System

• - You can spend points as a zombie
  • - Similar to the trait/return system humans have, perks can be bought with points (+HP? +Run Speed? etc.)
  • - Upgrades unlock per round? (HP I, HP II, HP III, etc.)
  • - Will grant a new aspect of gameplay for zombies
  • > Might be hard to balance depending on point cost

+Boss Indicator/Damage Counter

• - You get an icon/message saying you will be boss during intermission
  • OR
  • - Alternatively, you get a damage counter when you Press F3 that shows your total damage to barricades and humans, as well as your rank (e.g. Damage to Humans: x, Damage to Barricades: x, Rank: #1/3) - meaning you are ranked 1 out of the 3 possible bosse
  • > Having both might be overkill, maybe

+Spawn Zombie

• - Self-explained. Essentially a zombie that spawns other zombies, or creates a spawn point. This issue has already been acknowledged tho.

+Newer types of Zombies?

• - Maybe new zombies types? Probably not going to happen, but meh.

Zombine-Specific Improvements

• + Being able to attack while moving
  • OR
  • + Being able to hold down left click while attacking

> Having both might make it "OP", but I would like at least one. In its current state, it's more viable to jihad simply because spamming left click is a chore. Giving free points to humans, pretty much.

Order of Importance:

1. Zombines melee viability

2. Boss Indicator/Damage Counter

3. Spawn Zombie

I'm not entirely optimistic about seeing any sort of pointsaving for Zombies happening, nor a new "skill tree" perk system for them simply because it's too much work to create a whole new system and requires hours of bugfixing and testing, but it's just an idea. I would like to see Zombine fixes, and maybe a Boss Indicator, simply because seeing Zombines jihad on a cade with 3 props left is extremely annoying for me, and Boss Indicator, since the most common excuse for going butcher or wendigo on a Skycade is: "I didn't know i'd be boss xdxd". Spawn zombies are the least important right now, because Forrest seems to be doing fine on his own tweaking the spawning algorithm, and it's alot of work to implement an entire new zombie just to spawn zombies.

Edited by BraillingLogic

First of all I'm not going to make the big talk as high staff have more power then me, however I will make some good and some key points, Zombie point saving SHOULDNT be a thing, I do like the idea however you could just nail a load of items kill ur self and go afk and you could be making points of this, troll spawns can be the issue with players spawning on you and then you get points, Zombie perks, I would like something like this however their are zombies that can do this, like fast zombies can go fast and poisons are good for cades, again I wouldn't add points for zombies ,

No comment on boss indicator as I like this idea, their is no need for a new zombie as the ones we have already do the job,

I like some of these ideas but it's not for me to chose them, it's for higher staff not me, these are my comments.

Negatives

For zombie pointsaving, the coders would have to re-code the entire point system to do that. It's too much work for something that isn't necessary.

Zombie perk system. The zombie team is powerful in its current state. Why would you need to give them perks when they can take down most barricades anyway? There are a few barricades that are hard for the zombies to take down, but the game isn't meant to have the zombies win all the time. The humans need to have a chance of surviving. If they make a cade that is made well enough that they win, let them win. They deserve it. Making the zombies more powerful than they currently are is not the way to go, especially if you are buffing EVERY individual zombie on the team.

Zombine Improvements. The Zombine is overpowered already. They can take down any cade that they are able to touch. Giving them any of these improvements would make them as powerful as boss zombies, since they can respawn and are limitless in numbers (They already should count as boss zombies in their current state haha). Refer to my last point on the zombie perk system. The humans still need to have a chance to win.

I entirely agree with the grim outlook of having someone willing to delve into code that 'just works'.No need to fix something that isn't broken. Just wanted to see if people's opinions changed on it. The Zombie perk system might be better as more of a "return" system, where you sacrifice HP or other traits in order to boost things ( maybe attack speed, run speed ,etc.) That's probably the most realistic way of balancing it. Zombines in their current state are very powerful, but just to keep consistency with the other zombies, it would be nice if we could either move while attacking, or hold down left click. Holding down left click, i feel, won't be a major game changer, it's just nice to not have to rapidfire click left mouse button just to attack. (Every other zombie has auto-attack on holding left click, so why not).

Maybe introduce a point system for zombies that is entirely separate from human points

So you have ZPoints and HPoints that are a different. I think Perks would be a good to put on Zstore just make so you can only have certain perks on certain zombies. Im thinking dont make them super cheap and only last a certain amount of lives. ie you can get a perk that gives you 100 more health but only for 3 lives.

I like the boss indicator because i hate it when i get picked as boss and unaware of it because i'm not at the top of the zombie list. Also certain boss zombies like the bonemesh and the shade should also become zombie spawns because they don't move around all the time, they usually stay in the same spot only moving every now and then.