Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Not A Fucking Goodbye

Comic King

What blows my mind is a few people I've viewed their profile and they are around the age of 17. I don't recall being that much of a fucking drama sponge at that age but then again I had friends and wasn't socially retarded.

Haha. SIGGED.

And yeah, even though I did step down from leadership, there's no way I'm going to leave this place. Even if it is just a community with new people flushing in and out every other week, this place has always been a place I can come to and let off steam, meet new people and just genuinely enjoy my time in, I'm not letting go of that very easily. It's all about how they feel and what their perspective is on the community, positive or negative and you really can't change that. You can sometimes help guide people and help them make the correct decision but they have to be the ones to actually accept what they feel is right and go with it.

This place has and always will be my home away from home, that will never change. I left once before, I'm not making that mistake again. :P

• Like 2

Haha. SIGGED.

And yeah, even though I did step down from leadership, there's no way I'm going to leave this place. Even if it is just a community with new people flushing in and out every other week, this place has always been a place I can come to and let off steam, meet new people and just genuinely enjoy my time in, I'm not letting go of that very easily. It's all about how they feel and what their perspective is on the community, positive or negative and you really can't change that. You can sometimes help guide people and help them make the correct decision but they have to be the ones to actually accept what they feel is right and go with it.

This place has and always will be my home away from home, that will never change. I left once before, I'm not making that mistake again. :P

I've never played with you or talked to you before, but I fucking love you man

No homo

What blows my mind is a few people I've viewed their profile and they are around the age of 17. I don't recall being that much of a fucking drama sponge at that age but then again I had friends and wasn't socially retarded.

I'm 17 aswell and I think I did cause a bit of drama with this topic, but I did cause I thought it was for the best...

Edited by Comic King

I'm 17 aswell and I think I did cause a bit of drama with this topic, but I did cause I thought it was for the best...

Drama is a part of life it's unavoidable. The difference between you starting this thread and someone starting a mass exodus from a gaming community is substantial. You've stated you're glad to have been here and met friends, which is what this place is for and always will be for.

I have noticed large similarities between any large group of people leaving since back in 2007 is these large groups seem to thrive on causing drama for the sake of fun like their days here is a sequel to Mean Girls or something. I look at some names that come and go and I think "Well they've been banned like 4 times and we've been nice enough to keep giving them chances, not a terrible loss that they've left." If they came here to find other people who like causing problems and left with the people causing problems then that's fine by me honestly.

• Like 3

Drama is a part of life it's unavoidable. The difference between you starting this thread and someone starting a mass exodus from a gaming community is substantial. You've stated you're glad to have been here and met friends, which is what this place is for and always will be for.

I have noticed large similarities between any large group of people leaving since back in 2007 is these large groups seem to thrive on causing drama for the sake of fun like their days here is a sequel to Mean Girls or something. I look at some names that come and go and I think "Well they've been banned like 4 times and we've been nice enough to keep giving them chances, not a terrible loss that they've left." If they came here to find other people who like causing problems and left with the people causing problems then that's fine by me honestly.

Couldn't have said it better myself Weeman. I never really thought about those chances, however, the person that started all of this (I happen to know that by accident) never really had any problems here, which I was weirded about. There were some people that I had my doubts in, but this particualar person was never like that, until now.

Quite much a shame.

Just dropping into say that these massive "departures" that you guys are seeing right now are a symptom of something much bigger than just the CS:GO division. Surprised no one has addressed the issue. Does no one really know about it? Is something that just isn't talked about in public due to fear or "respect"?

Just wondering how long you have been around that you clearly figured out a problem lots of us "oldtimers" haven`t? Cause I don`t see a problem.

Amen, only smart words come out of weeman`s mouth, but that`s mainly because of the massive amounts of waffles and Belgian Hoegaarden he downs.

OT: Seen this happening several times, and what was hilarious is that oftentimes, those groups of people leaving started their own new clan, only to die weeks or months later. Let them have their fun, fuck them right?

I don`t know what went down but it sounds as though y`all might need help in the CSGO division. Since my life has settled down now, just holler at me whenever you need a helping hand.

• Like 3

I don`t know what went down but it sounds as though y`all might need help in the CSGO division. Since my life has settled down now, just holler at me whenever you need a helping hand.

Fug yea. Also you and the hubby can be the poster couple for HG. Though we'll have to photoshop American flags into your hands.

• Like 1

Don't want to understand this crentist shit, won't understand this crentist shit. I've seen so many people leave HG because they "no longer feel at home" or "don't want to be associated with the community." When I press them for what they mean by that they give some bull answer. Granted I know some people who leave for perfectly legitimate reasons (spoiler alert HG isn't perfect for everyone), but it seems like a bunch of people get together and leave and somehow feel it gives them some badge of honor. Life goes on. HG will die at some point, but it won't be a result of a bunch of immature people leaving.

• Like 2

Just wondering how long you have been around that you clearly figured out a problem lots of us "oldtimers" haven`t? Cause I don`t see a problem.

OT: Seen this happening several times, and what was hilarious is that oftentimes, those groups of people leaving started their own new clan, only to die weeks or months later. Let them have their fun, fuck them right?

You don't need to a veteran or "old-timer" to see what the problem is. This problem (which I'm purposely being super duper ambiguous about) affects many communities after a certain size and/or time period. You could call it stagnation, redundancy, or disenchantment.

The foundation on which this house was built on has lost its strength and the instability that this loss has caused has permeated through the beams and now has the potential to bring down the roof. A pretty impressive roof I might add.

I'm told by one of the higher-ups that the amount of "departures" (over the past few weeks?) has reached unprecedented levels.

I've been been involved with at least 3 clans/organizations that branched out of HG and I happy to report that they're doing fine. One has 200+ active players, the other 170+ , and the last one has a one-of-a-kind image (Front-End, Partnerships, Development, Side-Projects). Please don't try to attack other communities and/or people who choose to leave HG and start their own thing. Be happy, enjoy life, and if you're passionate about HG do as much as you can to help it overcome these difficult times. :')

Edited by Alexandria : INACTIVE
  • Like 2

I'm pretty sure we're not attacking other clans. It's mainly the people who left who are attacking our clan. HG is fine. There may be a slight decrease yes, but it happens. I don't know why you might think it's such a big impact when it really isn't. To be honest it's like the rise of FHG people will leave and take their salt with them. As long as we flush them out we can easily get back to working on what we do best which is game together and recruit together. (FHG wasn't created from salt, I'm just saying a lot of people who have left here go there).

• Like 2

Why soo much drama leaving a clan? Just say goodbye and keep in touch. Simple. Second of all, what kind of a clan could it be that is soo great that you would even leave hg for it? Before joining hg, I have been into a lot of different clans and I can tell you that it's all been shit. You all shall come back to this clan one day. Mark my words.

• Like 1

Why soo much drama leaving a clan? Just say goodbye and keep in touch. Simple. Second of all, what kind of a clan could it be that is soo great that you would even leave hg for it? Before joining hg, I have been into a lot of different clans and I can tell you that it's all been shit. You all shall come back to this clan one day. Mark my words.

People are either bored or just want attention, that's usually how trolls work.

• Like 1

it's happened plenty of times man. it's people's choice whether they want to stay or go.

there was a time in 2011 or something where that rich vet guy (forget his name, awesomewaffles?) tried to rally up everyone in teamspeak to leave and he ended up being the only person that left lol

point is, some people stay some people go, some will be back, some won't. but at the end of the day they made their choice.

hg isn't going anywhere just like it never has when people leave as a group.

edit: from yee good old joe young: http://hellsgamers.c...ve-hellsgamers/

"Rich vet guy."

Billy mays?

"Rich vet guy."

Billy mays?

Hahaha I forgot about Billy Mays! But Nahhh it was awsomewaffles lol he bought a lot of people a shitload of games trying to get them on his side, was rude to all the others. But I believe some people did leave with him. Didn`t darkwing duck and all follow him? No one cared though, just like this time. Good riddance, every clan needs a cleanup every once in a while.

I was going to quote and respond to Alexandria as well but yet again, her post proves that she hasn`t been around long enough to have a clue. I`ve known at least 3 leave waves since I have been here that were as big as this one. All 3 of them started a new clan, all 3 of those clans died, most of them came back as recruits a few months later. Not attacking anyone, just stating facts. Our foundation has lost no strength, it`s the cheap plywood ikea/walmart furniture (if we are going to pretend this is a house I`ll call them that) that joined at one point (most of them recently) that is giving out after a few months, and leaving.

Let`s go back to what we`re good at, having fun as a community, those who wanted to leave with a bang have had their 15 minutes of fame now, time to focus on better things!

• Like 2

Hahaha I forgot about Billy Mays! But Nahhh it was awsomewaffles lol he bought a lot of people a shitload of games trying to get them on his side, was rude to all the others. But I believe some people did leave with him. Didn`t darkwing duck and all follow him? No one cared though, just like this time. Good riddance, every clan needs a cleanup every once in a while.

I was going to quote and respond to Alexandria as well but yet again, her post proves that she hasn`t been around long enough to have a clue. I`ve known at least 3 leave waves since I have been here that were as big as this one. All 3 of them started a new clan, all 3 of those clans died, most of them came back as recruits a few months later. Not attacking anyone, just stating facts. Our foundation has lost no strength, it`s the cheap plywood ikea/walmart furniture (if we are going to pretend this is a house I`ll call them that) that joined at one point (most of them recently) that is giving out after a few months, and leaving.

Let`s go back to what we`re good at, having fun as a community, those who wanted to leave with a bang have had their 15 minutes of fame now, time to focus on better things!

You calling me Ikea furniture? I'm nowhere near that complicated. I'm more like target furniture. Not quite ikea standard, but not as shitty as walmart.

You calling me Ikea furniture? I'm nowhere near that complicated. I'm more like target furniture. Not quite ikea standard, but not as shitty as walmart.

hahaha what are you on about you are definitely high standard walnut wood! I`m not talking about everyone who left, my husband left too! People leaving for their own reasons, I can totally understand, but all those mass leaves for attention... those people are walmart furniture! :D

hahaha what are you on about you are definitely high standard walnut wood! I`m not talking about everyone who left, my husband left too! People leaving for their own reasons, I can totally understand, but all those mass leaves for attention... those people are walmart furniture! :D

Walmart furniture seems to always be short on screws.
  • Like 1

To be honest, I can't imagine joining another clan after the time I spent in HG. I mean, sure, if I ever pick up video gaming again there a few clans I've had fun with on their servers, but HG was and still is my home, even if most who knew me is pretty much gone. I may have left the clan but it will always be my family.

This thread as a whole is pretty awesome. Yes, there are issues within the clan. But, every family has problems. Every clan has issues. The fact that HG is still standing strong after ALL this time should tell you something. Yes, people will leave. Yes, there will be drama. Yes, people won't always get along or they will disagree with the way things are handled. But, the staff of this clan are working every day to fix as many issues as they can, to help the clan grow, and to keep the foundation strong.

One of the biggest reasons I've seen people leave is because they have no faith in what the staff and council are doing or because they don't approve of how much change this clan has been going through. But, in my personal experience the staff is doing as much as they can, when they can, and the change is necessary. Without change, the foundation of this... "House".. Surely would have crumbled by now. But, that isn't the case.

If people leave, they leave. Let them go. Let them learn on their own. Let them make their own decisions. Do I approve of how they leave? No. But, it doesn't really matter. We all have our own opinions and we all think differently than one another. We won't always see eye to eye. Some of them will return and some of them won't. Some of them may even leave again. It happens. The only thing we can do is say goodbye and wish them luck.

• Like 3