Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Cs:go Fireside Chat (12/12/15)

Welcome to the Fireside Chat!

giphy.gif

Here is some information about this community meeting:

When: December 12, 2015

Where: Teamspeak 3

Time: 1 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST), 4 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Who can participate: From Friend of HG to Vet

Recommended that you should be on Teamspeak 15-30 minutes prior to the Fireside Chat.

How the Fireside Chat will work (in order):

1. Leadership will announce certain things pertaining to our division, announcements, development, activities, etc.

2. The posts in this forum will be discussed from top to bottom, so make sure you get your voices heard (SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING).

3. Open conversation that everyone can participate in.

READ BEFORE POSTING (If you do not follow these rules, then most likely your post will be hidden/ignored):

• Do not discuss the promotion of mods or leadership. We are solely focusing on our division and what to do to improve so don't worry about promotions.
  • Any bugs or plugin issues that you guys find in our servers, PLEASE POST in the right forum post via bug thread or map suggestions (this is not a bug/suggestions thread). I will link the respective links under "EXTRA LINKS".
  • No drama allowed. If anything gets stirred up, there will be consequences (Banned from Teamspeak and possible demotion).
  • Respect everyone's opinion, this is a team effort. If you are against an idea, try to back it up with an appropriate and well-mannered reasoning.
  • No mic spam, if anyone is caught doing so then you will be dreamwrecked for possibly the rest of the meeting.
  • Try to let one person talk at a time, if everyone talks at the same time, then nothing will get done. Respect other people's voices and opinions.
  • Follow the template below this, anything else will be ignored/hidden.

TEMPLATE:

Topic: (Servers, Forums, TS3)
Type of Post: (Recommendation, Question, Other)
Description:

EXTRA LINKS:

CS:GO Jailbreak Bugs: http://hellsgamers.c...eak-bug-thread/

CS:GO Map Suggestions: http://hellsgamers.c...estions-thread/ (Per new map, not old map)

[CS:GO Fireside Notes will be posted after the meeting here]

• Like 4

Topic: Fourms

Type of post: Question

Description: Transparency. What exact steps are you (leadership) taking to improve the communication gap between leadership and members?

My hats off to leadership. We can see you are really trying to change things. Good job.

Retyping this because I closed out of it accidentally. Fuck. I'd like to run away from why I left but this post is looking super sad... surprised it is so barren. Here we go...for another 15 minutes of typing -_-

Topic: servers

Type of post: question(s)

Description: So the repopulation of jailbreak has worked out pretty ok, but it is what it is: ok. What do we have in plan for the future of repopulating jailbreak? These scrap get togethers where someone posts on shoutbox "Yo lets play some JB!!!!11!1!!1!!!" kinda work sometimes, but there should be more, would like to know what is in store :) (christmas tree hype rep pls :D) What is in store for the minigames server? I don't like to hop on much anymore because I don't like what the community and atmosphere has become, but it seems whenever im on or see it, it is on devcourse with less than 5 people, am I crazy or is shit hitting the fan? Even if minigames was doing generally well, will there be the support for the server that people like Rapiid, Icon and Burnt provided? I'd like to see support continued for minigames. What will happen with dead servers? Will they be terminated or will you try to repopulate those too? Some servers to shine a light on: Surf, just needs more people I guess, don't really know much else besides that it isn't the most popular server. 24/7 aim server. Any people that are recruits or generally newer members that know that this server even exists: I'm amazed. This server has been DEAD since when I got recruit (September 2014). NEVER more than 10 people on and not many maps I'm fairly certain. So thats what I have to say... imma go focus on ZS and PERP now hopefully adios. (This post was so much better b4 I accidentally deleted it fak, tried to restore it to the best of my ability)

Edited by FoxHound
  • Like 3

topic: revival/twitter

Type: recommendation

Description: Twitter is looking pretty 1337, in need of more ways to spread the word though... facebook is meh and we can go with that but here is what I propose:

Twitch.tv: A collection of people can stream stuff on HG (not necessarily only csgo) would need the streamers to be open to new ideas and friendly.

/r/hellsgamers: have it be like the forums here, but reddit is a more easily accessible platform: hence more people see that we exist and interact with the forums.

Not necessarily CSGO related, but if csgo div lead the charge they could formulate it more towards CSGO

Edited by FoxHound

I'm going to throw out a bunch of ideas just so we can discuss everything in the meeting and get people's input in them.

Topic: (Servers, Forums, TS3) Server repopulation

Type of Post: (Recommendation, Question, Other) Recommendation

Description: Alright, well my first point I'd like to bring up is, it's no secret that the CSGO servers aren't looking to crowded like they once were, so how about instead of splitting all the staff up to work on different servers, we get 1 staff member dedicated to helping repopulating a specific server(s). So for example, blue helping repopulate minigames, huejay repopulating the DM's, zezima jailbreak, so on and so forth (again those were complete examples). Why would this help? Well because everything's a little hectic right now and before we get anywhere we need to get specifics done instead of taking 1 server at a time. It'd also be up to that person dedicated to that server to do events and such. It wouldn't need to be an "official" thing like doing forum titles btw, and would only be temporary.

Topic: (Servers, Forums, TS3) Server

Description: I think we should take one of our servers that have never really done too well, for instance, GunGame, and switch to potentially CSGO Zombie Escape. Zombie Escape has always been pretty big in ANY game that's it's play in really, other communities have zombie escape for CSS, CSGO, and GMod and all of them are usually full. I think with the right team/dedicated people devoted to getting it setup and populated we could really do something with it and eventually turn it into something big. And no, I don't mean giveup on it after 2-3 weeks like we do most of the time and then end up getting rid of it like we did with deathrun back in source and multiple other instances. Actually giving it a shot to populate it overtime and seeing what we can do. Again, it would take dedicated people doing what they can to populate it.

Topic: (Servers, Forums, TS3) Server

Type of Post: (Recommendation, Question, Other) Other

Description: This is something that is probably a lot more complicated then an explanation, but JailBreak in the past 3-4 days was seemingly doing well with a steady 25+ players everytime I checked it, but now that I check it it's down every hour for hours and something's always wrong with it. It's also having var spikes (which I'm told can't be fixed) and constant lag issues. If it's something that's out of our control then that's fine, but if we want to bring jailbreak back in the state that it used to be, we need a steady server to do it on. People won't come back to something that's always down, they'll find somewhere else to play.

Topic: (Servers, Forums, TS3) Server/Other

Description: Possible attempt at maybe trying to get some more active 10mans? I realize there are things that prevent 10mans from happening as often, such as ESEA/Cevo/matchmaking, but we gotta use our brains. We need to brainstorm some ideas to get people to WANT to 10man. So maybe one day we can try to get them running all day like they once were. Give them some intiative to start out, like maybe enabling GameMe on the server and rewarding the top 3 stats players with a prize. Doesn't have to be huge prizes, maybe free admin for top 2 and 3rd person could get something else. That's what faceit is doing with their FaceIt Pro League, they are giving the top 3 players a bunch of money/prizes at the end of each month. Like there's no reason to sit around and let things like this pass right by us when we could start doing them now. Also, during this we could do a revival of the old HG eSports group. (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HeLLsGamersESports)

(I'll update this post periodically if I think of more until tomorrow but for now that's all I got).

Edited by Suicide
  • Like 5
  • Executive Council

Whose bringing marshmallows? I'll be on a plane, so I'll try and see if they'll let me throw some out a door or something for everyone to have one.

Edit:

Holy shit the color

Alright, well my first point I'd like to bring up is, it's no secret that the CSGO servers aren't looking to crowded like they once were, so how about instead of splitting all the staff up to work on different servers, we get 1 staff member dedicated to helping repopulating a specific server(s). So for example, blue helping repopulate minigames, huejay repopulating the DM's, zezima jailbreak, so on and so forth (again those were complete examples). Why would this help? Well because everything's a little hectic right now and before we get anywhere we need to get specifics done instead of taking 1 server at a time. It'd also be up to that person dedicated to that server to do events and such. It wouldn't need to be an "official" thing like doing forum titles btw, and would only be temporary.

I think that this is pretty important, but I believe that there is a bigger, underlying issue. Player turnover has been a huge challenge. We are still recovering from the player losses we saw from the CS:GO update that cause so many plugins to break. Basically we can't reply on our internal user base - we need to have our name out there, and when we show up as the #1 (or even in the top 10) server in population again, we will keep a steady outside user population. Part of this will require a chunk of HG members being on the server to keep it active, but we can't keep the servers full 24/7 on our own.

I think we should take one of our servers that have never really done too well, for instance, GunGame, and switch to potentially CSGO Zombie Escape. Zombie Escape has always been pretty big in ANY game that's it's play in really, other communities have zombie escape for CSS, CSGO, and GMod and all of them are usually full. I think with the right team/dedicated people devoted to getting it setup and populated we could really do something with it and eventually turn it into something big. And no, I don't mean giveup on it after 2-3 weeks like we do most of the time and then end up getting rid of it like we did with deathrun back in source and multiple other instances. Actually giving it a shot to populate it overtime and seeing what we can do. Again, it would take dedicated people doing what they can to populate it.

For whatever reason, zombie-based servers are very addictive, and they always seem to draw a population. I used to run an entire community based around Zombie Riot (the CS:S, bot-based little brother to ZE, and it was always populated. I think this would be a great addition to the HG server list.

This is something that is probably a lot more complicated then an explanation, but JailBreak in the past 3-4 days was seemingly doing well with a steady 25+ players everytime I checked it, but now that I check it it's down every hour for hours and something's always wrong with it. It's also having var spikes (which I'm told can't be fixed) and constant lag issues. If it's something that's out of our control then that's fine, but if we want to bring jailbreak back in the state that it used to be, we need a steady server to do it on. People won't come back to something that's always down, they'll find somewhere else to play.

JB has always sort of been the backbone of the CS part of this community. Things seem to have started having issues, map size, etc but I think that as big of a pain as JB is to maintain, keeping it functional and bringing in people should be a big priority - sorry to those of you who don't like playing it (anymore), but I'd be willing to bet JB was one of the servers that brought you to this community to begin with. This is probably a conversation for a different topic, but I think we need to bring JB back to its previous glory and find out how to make it great again - whether is means simplifying rules, changing the map (more) or weeding out the shitty people.

Edited by imasonaz