Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Csgo Issue Please Help

IceVayne

Ok so i was playing this morning all fine in comp. Then i load into one game an boom super choppy laggy can play nothing. I check im getting 30 fps sv var all of it is going nuts but no choke or loss. I change everything to very low or off still no boost in fps not a single one nothing. Ive verified cache deleted the game completely still nothing ive updated drivers everything i could ever think of. Im on a gtx 760 an a i7 960 like i never have issues i dont get this. Tell me someone might know what happend my game just like broke i even load in slower now an im on a SSD

Also i just got on source low fps 50 spiking up to 144 where i have it set on our office dm server no issues tho game runs smooth WTF

Edited by IceVayne

There could be 5000 reasons why this is happening.

Do the following:

-Check your temps (cpu, gpu, even motherboard).

CPU Temp: http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

GPU Temp: http://www.evga.com/precision/

-Run some kind of malware program.

I recommend: https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

Post back and let me know your temps

put +mat_queue_mode -2 in your launch options

That's not even a real command, it's -1 for auto, 2 for multi thread forced on or 1 for single if i'm not mistaken. The forced on setting is known to cause issues like crashing so keep that in mind.

Edited by Short

There could be 5000 reasons why this is happening.

Do the following:

-Check your temps (cpu, gpu, even motherboard).

CPU Temp: http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

GPU Temp: http://www.evga.com/precision/

-Run some kind of malware program.

I recommend: https://www.malwareb...g/mwb-download/

Post back and let me know your temps

ok so frequency 2700-2900 in that ranger 4 cores 8 threads TJ MAX 100c

core 0 97

core 1 98

core 2 99

core 3 96

core 4 97 all are yellow BTW min max are all 95-100 load is stasying under 3 %

EVGA gpu clocks near 135 temp 37 987 volts looks pretty good i hit 60 fps today an it smoothed out a bit i turned everything down to high or medium seems decent but not fluid you know some times in a gun battle it will freeze up be super unsmooth still not what it used to be

Edited by IceVayne

core 0 97

core 1 98

core 2 99

core 3 96

EVGA gpu clocks near 135 temp 37 987 volts looks pretty good i hit 60 fps today an it smoothed out a bit i turned everything down to high or medium seems decent but not fluid you know some times in a gun battle it will freeze up be super unsmooth still not what it used to be

The CPU temps are Fahrenheit and not Celsius... right? lol

Also take a picture of the entire EVGA precision so I can see everything please.

core 0 97

core 1 98

core 2 99

core 3 96

Lol your CPU is gonna start a fire, you might need to clear out the dust in your cooler if you haven't in a while or replace the thermal paste on it. CPU is thermal throttling while you're playing which is killing your fps.

Lol your CPU is gonna start a fire, you might need to clear out the dust in your cooler if you haven't in a while or replace the thermal paste on it. CPU is thermal throttling while you're playing which is killing your fps.

Actually yeah, looking at the program I gave you it doesn't even read F it's default in celsius... holy shit lol.

Turn off your PC asap, clean out fans, replace thermal paste, reseat and check temps again.

Actually yeah, looking at the program I gave you it doesn't even read F it's default in celsius... holy shit lol.

Turn off your PC asap, clean out fans, replace thermal paste, reseat and check temps again.

This may sound dumb I'll clean it all out where the hell is there thermal paste in my computer lol. An ya it's way hot lol. Had this thing since day one. When the 960 extreme i7 was the highest option I could choose lol. I haven't touched it since besides throwing this new gtx 760 in like 4 months ago an a new ssd I'll report back. Soon.

Well, with that sort of a processor, I'd always use water cooling, just so I don't have to worry about a potential fire whilst I'm doing some very important business. Yes, very important.

Welp

Holy fucking shit, is that just me or do you have a bunch of woody looking weird goo on your GPU fan? Also, that brown goo is on your motherboard and processor aswell, clean it.

Edited by Comic King

This may sound dumb I'll clean it all out where the hell is there thermal paste in my computer lol. An ya it's way hot lol. Had this thing since day one. When the 960 extreme i7 was the highest option I could choose lol. I haven't touched it since besides throwing this new gtx 760 in like 4 months ago an a new ssd I'll report back. Soon.

The thermal paste is under your CPU cooler, ontop of the CPU itself.

Heres a quick vid that shows you how it goes. Obviously your cpu cooler isnt like what they have there but its basically all the same when it comes to replacing the thermal paste.

Also gonna guess you don't have some extra thermal paste laying around so you'll have to buy some. You don't need anything too fancy, here's the kind I've used plenty of times before.

Arctic Silver 5

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=35-100-007 You can also find some in some local stores like radio shack or something.

But yeah make sure you get some like air duster and blast out as much dust as you can out of the cooler, it could be clogged up with so much dust since you say you haven't touched it in years. Also consider buying an after market cooler, a liquid cooler preferably.

After you replace the thermal paste try and boot it up and check your temps and let me know...

I'm honestly 90% sure that'll fix your problem because that amount of dust buildup was unreal.

Also, from now on, do dust cleanups every 2-3 months.

After you replace the thermal paste try and boot it up and check your temps and let me know...

I'm honestly 90% sure that'll fix your problem because that amount of dust buildup was unreal.

Also, from now on, do dust cleanups every 2-3 months.

LOLLOLOLOLOLOL

so temps were 90-100 *c

Now they are 20 min in 55*c