Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Viral Gazer

Snowyamur

I was thinking about a cool, new type of Boss zombie that I thought might be interesting, but hopefully not overpowered or stupidly strong.

It's called the Viral Gazer.

-Description: An ancient zombie long forgotten after a nuclear explosion. Heavily mutated by radiation, it has procured the sight of deathly ills, causing all humans within its gaze to be incapable of healing or recovering from their wounds.

-Effect Description (for clarification): The Viral Gazer has a 150-degree, cone sight radius that stretches a few yards far in the location where the player faces. Any Human player within its gaze (not full-distant sight; that's OP because it would mean a player is affected about 600 miles away) cannot heal in any form, be it through a Med-grenade or Medkit.

-Appearance: Distorted Shade model with bright green eyes and a cone that indicates its gaze.

-Stats and Attributes:

*Has 1250 health and has 15% reduced resistance bonuses with other zombies when stacking up (only way to balance this thing).

*Flashlights do not harm it.

*Impaler bolts can pass through it like any normal zombie.

*It cannot attack; it's only form of attack is preventing any and all heals so long as players remain within its gaze.

*There is a 1 second delay for those that have just left the gaze before being able to be healed again.

*There can only be 1 Viral Gazer, for the effects don't stack.

Hopefully this might provide interest.

Also, the thumbnail below is so that I can get my signature working and is irrelevant to this discussion.

post-35180-0-76883700-1470350328_thumb.jpg

Edited by Snowylion9
  • Like 2

Now, the only problem with this idea is the likely chance of complaints coming from players who think incapability of being healed is way too OP for the zombies.

I can justify this (in support of my idea) by saying that the Viral Gazer is a weak top of boss. Unlike the Nightmare who can shred cades and is tough to kill and the Shade who is immune to bullets, the Viral Gazer offers a balance between offense and self-defense capabilities, all the while providing a unique type of gameplay.