Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What The Fuck Happened To Perp?

Sup´

Last time i heard of PERP, it got revived and had a healthy flow of people coming by, then when i wanted to try it out again, i saw that the server was dead (again), and it got shutdown, and i don't see any posts/threads regarding any status nor updates, so here i am asking, the fuck happened?

• Like 3

It is quite fun. However, PERP was always best to be played with friends. Playing alone puts you in a position where it's you against everyone else and it's not always fun. Some other communities have created their own modes that are like PERP, like City RP and the already dead Real RP with City 17 and those maps. I remember those with joy.

The thing is, HG would create its own gamemode, buuuuut, it would cost a lot. Rip

It was healthy at the beginning of the revival but I think the problem was that after some time we were still playing the same game from 2013. The player base was mostly comprised of players who have been playing the game for a long time. While we did receive updates, the mechanics that defined the game felt/remained the same. There was no new content to grind for. Most people stopped once they received the cars they want. The incentive to grow drugs diminished and after awhile...it got really boring. Anyway, that's my take on it.

• Like 1

It was healthy at the beginning of the revival but I think the problem was that after some time we were still playing the same game from 2013. The player base was mostly comprised of players who have been playing the game for a long time. While we did receive updates, the mechanics that defined the game felt/remained the same. There was no new content to grind for. Most people stopped once they received the cars they want. The incentive to grow drugs diminished and after awhile...it got really boring. Anyway, that's my take on it.

Spot on.... the money is still there for development on Perp and I think the consensus is heavily favoring creating a new PERP type game mode specific to HG. The natural challenge is finding the team of people who can develop it.

• Like 3

• Executive Council

Spot on.... the money is still there for development on Perp and I think the consensus is heavily favoring creating a new PERP type game mode specific to HG. The natural challenge is finding the team of people who can develop it.

I had been meaning to ask about that money for a while since it seems to have not been spent. I think we could get a group together to do it, and even if it took 6 months, it would get done, I just don't think people want/are motivated to do it for free anymore.

• Like 1