Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

High Points Suggestions

Kigen

• Executive Council

Hi everyone,

So we would like suggestions about what someone with a lot of points could purchase with their earned points. At this moment there really isn't anything to do with a lot of points.

So what do you think we could offer for a boat load of points?

Regards,

- Kigen

LEVELING SYSTEM!

Here's how it goes....

-

There will be infinite amount of levels possible to achieve

Upon reaching a certain amount of points, you have a decision of whether you want to level up or not! (This occurs every 10 levels)

Level 10 = 1000 points

Level 20 = 2500 points

Level 30 = 5000 points

Level 40 = 10000 points

Level 50 = 12500 points

Level 60 = 15000 points

Level 70 = 20000 points

Level 80 = 30000 points

Level 90 = 50000 points

Level 100 = 100000 points

Level 125 = 125000 points

Level 150 = 150000 points

Level 200 = 200000 points

Each level is achieved by a number of score you achieve....

Level 1 - 10 = 10000 score (1000 score per level)

Level 10 - 20 = 50000 score (5000 score per level)

Level 20 - 30 = 75000 score (7500 score per level)

Level 30 - 40 = 100000 score (10000 score per level)

And so on......

LEVEL WILL BE DISPLAYED ON THE TAB SCOREBOARD AND UNDER YOUR NAME INGAME (PLAYERMODEL)

*ANOTHER SUGGESTION*

Each level you get, you gain a specific amount of "XP" that can be spent on IN-GAME SKINS FOR WEAPONS

EDIT: SCORE SHOULD ALSO APPEAR IN THE F10 MENU AS THAT IS THE CORE OF THIS SUGGESTION

Edited by Gandalfâ„¢
  • Like 3

There are lots of ways around the issue,

How about a leveling system?

(Goes from 1 to 100)

Level 2 is 325 points, Level 3 is 650, Level 4 is 975 and so on. (Every level gets an extra 325 cost + the cost of the previous level)

Until Level 10 where instead of 325 being added to the previous cost 650 is added and so on.

This goes until the Final 10 levels get added 3,250 to the previous cost.

This should allow for people with even +1 Million points get a nice time trying to reach level 100 and to the level prices grow slowly along with the points the user in the current level has.

Prestige system. 50k points per level. 5 prestiges.

Level 1 = 50k

Level 2 = 100k

etc etc.

Each prestige you can unlock a unique trait that isnt available through the worth menu. (Example: Tank: 10% damage resistance against zombie melee's) ( Immune to wraith screams ) etc. we could get a suggestions page for perks like that if this idea was considered

Prestige system. 50k points per level. 5 prestiges.

Level 1 = 50k

Level 2 = 100k

etc etc.

Each prestige you can unlock a unique trait that isnt available through the worth menu. (Example: Tank: 10% damage resistance against zombie melee's) ( Immune to wraith screams ) etc. we could get a suggestions page for perks like that if this idea was considered

This

Make it so people can buy events with points.

Like 5 000 points to start a purge next map.

Player affording this, would start a vote to know if players want to play a purge next map.

If it passes then server gets purged !

Could work with shade event, nightmare event, etc..

and this

Edited by DirtyDNA
  • Like 1

ZS.Dylan, on September 18 2016 - 01:07 PM, said: Prestige system. 50k points per level. 5 prestiges. Level 1 = 50k Level 2 = 100k etc etc. Each prestige you can unlock a unique trait that isnt available through the worth menu. (Example: Tank: 10% damage resistance against zombie melee's) ( Immune to wraith screams ) etc. we could get a suggestions page for perks like that if this idea was considered This AzoNa, on September 18 2016 - 12:59 PM, said: Make it so people can buy events with points. Like 5 000 points to start a purge next map. Player affording this, would start a vote to know if players want to play a purge next map. If it passes then server gets purged ! Could work with shade event, nightmare event, etc.. and this

I agree you ugly schmuck

Please don't provide unique gameplay advantages to the players who bought something with points.

For example a trait doubling the amount of HPs.

But (for example) having an exclusive gun, doesnt means it have to be OP, like a gold deagle model, can be cool features.

Players should remain equal no matter the amount of points they have otherwise it's not fair..

well that would make zs more of an elitist community

which is bad of course

Edited by Gandalfâ„¢

I love Prestige systems. They give players a sense of accomplishment and an incentive to come back and play more. As for the rewards weapon skins of the most popular weapons (boomstick, Grim, etc) and perhaps a a few fancy name tags in the tab menu (similar to our mods and VIPs). It allows players to show off their "elite" status without actually altering the gameplay in anyway shape or form and be pure visuals only and could promote more regular play from a few players.

Probably gonna get a ton of shit for suggesting this, but whatever.

I think adding tags would be a good addition, since it really doesn't affect gameplay at all. But, there will be a difference between a regular player's tag and an actual "important" player's tag.

For example:

A regular player's tag will be white and would have a max of 15 or 20 characters.

A gold member's tag will be available to having some of the basic colors (red, green, blue, yellow, etc..)

A moderator and up tags will have some more options for different colors like light blue or darker red (a color wheel could be used here)

Divison Staff and above will be allowed to include the available emotes and have the "animated text' (<hsv> and others similar to it).

A player that has done something important to the community (donating, mapping, coding, etc...) will have certain options depending on how much of an impact it has created.

The price to purchase a tag will be 10,000 points and 2,000 to change each time. But, regular members will have to wait a week to change it again while moderators and above can change at will. Of course these tags will have to follow the rules. If a player is found with an inappropriate tag, they will recieve a warning. If not changed, then they will have their tag revoked and will have to wait one week to add it again if caught again they will lose all tag powers. All of these numbers and times can vary because I just made them up.

• Like 2

Probably gonna get a ton of shit for suggesting this, but whatever.

I think adding tags would be a good addition, since it really doesn't affect gameplay at all. But, there will be a difference between a regular player's tag and an actual "important" player's tag.

For example:

A regular player's tag will be white and would have a max of 15 or 20 characters.

A gold member's tag will be available to having some of the basic colors (red, green, blue, yellow, etc..)

A moderator and up tags will have some more options for different colors like light blue or darker red (a color wheel could be used here)

Divison Staff and above will be allowed to include the available emotes and have the "animated text' (<hsv> and others similar to it).

A player that has done something important to the community (donating, mapping, coding, etc...) will have certain options depending on how much of an impact it has created.

The price to purchase a tag will be 10,000 points and 2,000 to change each time. But, regular members will have to wait a week to change it again while moderators and above can change at will. Of course these tags will have to follow the rules. If a player is found with an inappropriate tag, they will recieve a warning. If not changed, then they will have their tag revoked and will have to wait one week to add it again if caught again they will lose all tag powers. All of these numbers and times can vary because I just made them up.

I would like to go ahead and change some of it.

1) You should give 25% discount to HG members while having 10% discount to HG recruits, so that means that regular users have to buy the full price of buying tags while HG members get 25% and 10% discounts for HG recruits.

2) If the tag contains like Division Staff when they are not while buying/change the tag, you can't buy the tag or change it since it disabled to prevent any faking.

3) The tag needs to be also to be any color, not just white, I don't like that limits the customize your tag color by only white while gold gets to change any color.

I also know that this is copying from FWKZT which I don't like it at first, but if it doesn't get abuse then we can add it.

I would like to go ahead and change some of it.

1) You should give 25% discount to HG members while having 10% discount to HG recruits, so that means that regular users have to buy the full price of buying tags while HG members get 25% and 10% discounts for HG recruits.

2) If the tag contains like Division Staff when they are not while buying/change the tag, you can't buy the tag or change it since it disabled to prevent any faking.

3) The tag needs to be also to be any color, not just white, I don't like that limits the customize your tag color by only white while gold gets to change any color.

I also know that this is copying from FWKZT which I don't like it at first, but if it doesn't get abuse then we can add it.

#3: I think a better idea for the tags would to actually just make the colors match with what you are in HG (regular players=white, recruits= a lighter shade of red, dS=light blue) with the text remaining changeable, that way many people wont really complain about others being able to give seizures with flashing colors.

#1: Alright, but the point is to get rid of your points, so it can't be some high number. Maybe 5% for recruits and 10% for members, etc.

Also, many servers have tags on them, and its not only on GMOD, so it's not like it's copyright or anything.

The prestige/leveling ideas are a good idea.

Nowadays, points are relatively meaningless as it's very difficult to drain your point supply short of wasting them (ie detpacks, parties) compared to beforehand where a stupid 200 point purchase actually hurt you. I don't expect this to change. However it also means that anything above 5k or so is effectively the same (at absolute max, getting a boomstick, high tier AR, ars, resupply, hammer etc will not cut into it significantly) which dampens the old appeal of saving up a bit, I feel. A prestige/leveling system would entice people to play more, as I only join in passing right now and would be more likely to play with longterm incentive.

On other options, you can also introduce gimmicky weapons that don't have real power over the main ones, but are fun to use and expensive. I created some myself over the years, such as:

An eraser with a large magazine size (the sound keeps changing pitch the entire way) a boomstick with randomized knockback (can be forward 400 or backward 400) or a melee weapon that swings extremely fast but with low damage.

1. Voice Commands or Effects

I don't know how to explain this, but CS:GO Mapeadores ZE server has this. Basically you type memerific things such as "ayy" or "kek" or "jaja" in the chat and it'd play a sound originating from your playermodel that everyone can hear.

ayy = ayyy lmao sound

kek = Tyrone's top kek

jaja = sound of someone laughing in a high pitch

Of course, players have to pay some points to allow them to play more sounds. Without spending any points, perhaps a player can only play up to 5 sounds within a round.

For ZS, I'd probably have things such as:

REPAIR! or MEDIC! or MLG AIRHORN SOUNDS

zombies would have access to things like: arrrggh or !scream command, allowing them to let loose a fast zombie scream

2. Playermodels

Either full on whacky memetastic and weeb models or serious models.

Shrek, Grim Reaper from KF1 (my favorite model), Colonel Sanders, Ronald McDonald or Jimmy Fallon or Stephen Colbert playermodels would be the memetastic kind

serious models would probably be: adding headcrabs to current playermodels (you'd have a nice domesticated headcrab on your head that stands out among your peers), father grigori with full hair or combine soldiers with hair