Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Who Do You Want As Our Next President?

Connelly

Below I have placed a link to a straw poll asking people who they want as the 2016 president. After placing your vote I would like it if you listed one reason as to why you made the choice you did. When doing so please respect all other candidates and other people and there opinions please. :)

http://www.strawpoll.me/11554158

(Link to straw poll)

Even though, I can't vote because I was born two months late, thanks mom. I feel that even though Trump has no political experience he will be a better president than Clinton and let's be honest their is no chance for a third party president. Clinton has broken federal laws, hidden rape cases of her husband, and wants to get rid of to many of our rights by being a citizen of America. While Trump is going to be more of a while card, I feel that he is more trust worthy to hold that position than Clinton. Another big topic of why I support Trump is the 2, maybe 3, supreme court justices that will be picked in this term. Conservative judges would keep more of our rights the same, while more liberal judges I feel would limit are first amendment greatly and I feel that is one of the main reason America is the best country in the world. However, there is one thing that really puts him over the top. HE CAN"T BE STUMPED.

• Like 1

Although I am unable to vote because I won't be turning 18 before the election, I think that Clinton will be a better president than Trump. Yeah, Clinton fucked up. (But don't forget that beloved Republican presidents have done worse.) Obviously, that creates a trust issue between her and the rest of the USA, but at least she is qualified for the job. I don't support Clinton because I don't like Trump, I support her because she is undoubtedly the better candidate.

As for the Supreme Court, I personally believe that Clinton will appoint judges that will expand the rights of U.S citizens and promote liberty, not take it away. The Supreme Court can only "limit are first amendment" if a circuit court's decision on a case about the first amendment is appealed. A lot of landmark cases are going to be brought up in the near future. With conservative judge's track record as a whole in mind, left-leaning judges are the better decision.

As a side note, Clinton is by far the better human being. Everyone has their flaws, and every politician has their bad side. Some of the things she has done leave a bad taste in my mouth. But Trump's character is absolutely execrable. This quote from the Huffington Post puts it pretty well -

"Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims — 1.6 billion members of an entire religion — from entering the U.S." - Huffington Post editor's note.

• Like 3

While I won't say who I am voting for, I still want to say a few things that should be obvious.

While Trump may appeal to many of you, the main problem isn't about "federal trust issues" and "Muslims" and "rights being taken away". As a citizen, you need to realize that the president shares his or her power with the other 2 branches of government. That drastically limits the power than any of the candidates want or need to have in order to deliver.

The answer is derived from "Who is better suited to be the next POTUS?" Sure, Trump can appeal to many of you people. He says stuff. You like that stuff. You buy into it. OK.

But I gotta ask: what's his experience? As a businessman, he's failed many of his projects. He clearly does not show much capacity for foreign diplomacy. Clinton, at least, has been busy. What we should ask ourselves is whether or not the U.S. will be better off with one of the candidates over the others and how much of the predicted negative consequences are realistically possible.

Edited by TheAtrocity
  • Like 3

You have to balance a candidate's character with their track record, and what's more important is the latter. Clinton has left a trail of internationally-reprehensible actions that are either ignored or made light of because of the way that she carries herself compared with Trump. That, in my opinion, is the scariest part of this election cycle.I care less about Donald Trump being an asshole than I do about the opportunity for him to, with the direct oversight of his presidential advisors, lead the country and prove he can make our country great again.

I don't see how a bad track record is better than none at all. We have someone who has been Secretary of State, Senator, a lawyer and first lady. There hasn't been anyone with as much job experience since FDR's third term. Now is the time to gather one of the most experienced political minds of the last century and fix some of the perhaps too far left policies of the Obama administration, instead of squadering foreign relations with Mexico and anyone of Islam and leaving millions of Americans without healthcare. Just give it to them and snatch it up like that? I wish so badly that I had as much political knowledge/factoids as you, because my argument is kind of fucked against yours, but I thought I should speak up at least.

Something I do know however, is that the "Make America Great Again" bullshit is, well, bullshit. The Make America Great Again mindset is, if I'm not mistaken, implying that America hasn't been great since before the great recession? That isn't true. The ongoing debate of federal and state minimum wage has shown good results for workers throughout the country, and the unemployment rate has done nothing but plummet. We tripped and scraped our leg, now were walking it off ever so happily.

"as pointless and as non-defined a goal that might be"

>when you spend 30 minutes researching against and refuting a post on a gaming forum at 1:30 am fml