Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Swatting & Angry Kids

Wahlburgerrr

It's really dangerous for the person that house is getting raided, since the police are coming in understand the mindset that someone is armed and not caring for the life of one person already. The cops don't know that it is just some angry scum bag on the internet, so when they go in and the person that is getting raided don't know whats going on they can be freaked out, like a normal person, causing them to act a lot more erratic than the police are comfortable with. It was a major problem a year or so back, but has calmed down. It is always a threat since people can find out where you live with just minute details that most people don't worry about giving out.

As far as I know,it was not as bad as it was several years ago. However, it is a dangerous to "swat" someone one for just a game. Not only it is dangerous to the individual being swatted, it is also wasted resource that could've been used in an actual hostage situation.

That sums up my thoughts on it pretty well. Although I didn't even know that was a thing. Where I live we mostly rely on state police for everything given most small towns don't even have a sheriff.

You should think of the officer who shot and killed the man, he thought he was saving potential hostages, now he has to live with the fact that he killed an innocent young man. The whole situation is a fucked up on, I think anyone swatting should get 3 years in prison. And if it turns out bad and their under 18 they should be tried as an adult.

• Like 3

You should think of the officer who shot and killed the man, he thought he was saving potential hostages, now he has to live with the fact that he killed an innocent young man. The whole situation is a fucked up on, I think anyone swatting should get 3 years in prison. And if it turns out bad and their under 18 they should be tried as an adult.

Exactly. Not only was an innocent life lost, another innocent life is potentially ruined. :( Stuff like this should be considered internet-based terrorism and be treated as thus, harshly.

• Like 2

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/12/30/why-a-twitter-user-claims-to-have-made-the-swatting-call-that-led-police-to-kill-a-man/?utm_term=.ebc6cc16783a

As reporters crowded around Finch’s blood-spattered porch on Thursday, @SWAuTistic wrote to 18,000 Twitter followers:

“That kids house that I swatted is on the news.â€

He wrote another message defending himself, according to the Eagle:

“I DIDNT GET ANYONE KILLED BECAUSE I DIDNT DISCHARGE A WEAPON AND BEING A SWAT MEMBER ISNT MY PROFESSION.â€

>>I hope he gets prison, and I hope its gets locked up where inmates can get to him.

• Like 3