Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Fortnite Custom Matchmaking (Private Servers)

Jeri :)

There's been a lot of talk recently on the Fortnite forum's about the possibility of private hosted matches to be coming to Fortnite. It's not 100% clear how the system will work as of yet as the current interface is just entering a code that the host decides so you can join the game (as of a month ago when they tested it with streamers), but this still opens a huge opportunity for players to be able to play with more than just duos and squads. If this is implemented the possibility of hosted tournaments and possible cross-community competition would be not only easy to set up, but a huge opportunity to grow (depending on how servers are hosted).

If this was implemented I would love to see some battle of the community style event held or even small in-house tournaments as I feel Fortnite's population is growing quite quickly as of the past couple months.

• Like 1

my question is when the fuck did hg get a fortnite forum

You're not contributing to the conversation. You're shitposting.

To the topic at hand: honestly, I have a couple hundred hours on pubg but it runs like straight trash and I'm getting an xbox one x soon so I can't wait to start playing fortnite. I would love to have customs so I don't play like pure garbage in actual games.

• Like 4

You're not contributing to the conversation. You're shitposting.

Respond with this to 90% of his post count

But this would be great. Fortnite is pretty much bigger than CoD and I think it would be possible to expand onto console if we wanted to once a feature like this were to be added. This would also be a good thing for GCC so we could get a frequent lobby going perhaps

• Like 3

Honestly it would be dumb not to follow through with this. Weather it's a custom pve server or battle royale. I strongly encourage a director to look into this and hopefully when the update comes out and allows private servers to get on board with this right away. This would single handily bring back the survival division. Not only that but maybe in general increase population on all servers. Also maybe add the old games back into the division (Example: Killing Floor) Thanks <3

Honestly it would be dumb not to follow through with this. Weather it's a custom pve server or battle royale. I strongly encourage a director to look into this and hopefully when the update comes out and allows private servers to get on board with this right away. This would single handily bring back the survival division. Not only that but maybe in general increase population on all servers. Also maybe add the old games back into the division (Example: Killing Floor) Thanks <3

Essentially that's what I'm trying to achieve with this post. As of now it isn't developed and apart of the game, but overall I think it could be a solid push in the right direction.

I'm not a big fan of Fortnite, but it is a very large-growing game and the possibility of HG coming to it is only increasing. Not only will tournaments be a thing, but exploring into cross-platform play and possibly hosting cross-platform HG tournaments already sounds like fun!

Potentially could look into this, hopefully it's open to communities and not just popular streamers....

It seems like it's going to be available to anyone by what I've read on the forums and such. They used popular streamers to test it because obviously it's easy to populate a test server when they have 20k views etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Epic Games would be foolish not to introduce Private Servers, not only will it help grow the already huge fanbase it has and the number of registered users. It will help, as you said previously, form Tournaments and help propel Fortnite to full on MAINSTREAM levels, not saying Fortnite isn't mainstream, just saying this would greatly boost the game.