Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Teach Mods/admins How To Mod/admin Ttt

Dear Mods,

Instead of ignoring people and saying "we can't do anything, all we have is damagelogs." USE THE DAMAGE LOGS TO INVESTIGATE AND ASK PEOPLE WHY THEY DID X TO Y. Damage logs are insanely powerful and can easily help you find who did what.

It ain't very hard and, believe it or not, if people don't admit right away to RDM, you can easily trick them into saying they RDMd or find out they're lying by ASKING QUESTIONS. You're mods for a reason aren't you?? Or are you just Mods to punish people who RDM you personally? It makes no sense how 6 mods can't get to the bottom of such a simple RDM case and the person gets to go off scotch free. It makes players insanely mad that they can just be blatantly killed like that and actually nothing happens, and it makes me not want to play here if of the 6-7 Mods, only 1 is actually working for that role.

Hard concept, right?

EDIT: Also, killing an innocent doesn't make it RDM. I've been slain 3 times over the course of my 3 times playing on HG for killing an Inno with valid reason.

There is 6 Mods on TTT ATM, and the only one even trying to do anything is Peace (emphasis on trying, ly pace). This has happened every time I've logged onto TTT, and the only person I've seen properly moderate it is Past.

Love,

A TTT Admin

Fix ya damn game

Edited by sleepy
  • Like 2

With so much happening at once, some things are going to be missed. Other mods I'm sure, and I are sorry for that. Ultimately we cannot take anybody's words over others when making an admin decision and that's how we can make fair judgement calls so mess-ups don't happen. But like I said everyone is not perfect.

From you getting falsely slayed I am warning my mods about this, so sorry for any confusion. Hopefully you can continue to play the server and have fun while doing it.

With so much happening at once, some things are going to be missed.

I'm not saying there has to be a perfect record; I'm saying there has to be a record period. There were 6 Mods on today, half were completely unresponsive, the other half were not helpful at all. Peace was the only one dealing with RDMs. Also, with 1-2 RDMs per round, it's not hard to deal with every single RDM perfectly with literally 6 Mods on. If you came on the server I'm from, got RDMd and asked for help, 90% of the Admins would get to the bottom of it within 15-20 seconds accurately. If RDM isn't going to be dealt with at all except by 1 of the 6 Mods, why are the other 5 even Mods?

Ultimately we cannot take anybody's words over others when making an admin decision and that's how we can make fair judgement calls so mess-ups don't happen.

I ain't askin you to start enforcing rules and dealin out commands off the word of players. That would be worse than not dealing with it at all. I'm asking you to start enforcing the rules off of the player who commited the action's word. If someone RDMd me and I ask for help, I want you to actually ask the person who killed me why, if they lie out their ass it's not hard to figure out they're lying with like 2 questions, but as an Admin myself, 99% of the time the people come clean and take their punishment.

Hopefully you can continue to play the server and have fun while doing it.

No, I definitely can't while I watch people get RDMd and nothing happens. That's not the kind of server I want to play on. You guys used to be titans with great mods and great support. If someone said they wanted to play TTT, they went to HG. You can't get back there without actually having competent Mods that help players who ask questions.

Currently, I'd say 60% of people who ask for help pertaining to an RDM are ignored, and of the other 40%, 20% of the RDMs are dealt with improperly.

Why are there even Mods if they're not helping people? Did they just become mods to deal with their own problems because nobody else would?

It's not hard to Admin TTT, I'm not asking Mods to be able to handle a 25 person server alone, I'm asking for 6 Mods to handle a 25 person server together, and they couldn't even do that.

Edited by Sit.
  • Like 5