Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Gstdlib & Gloader Now Available To Everyone

Techmo

The development of gstdlib has finally reached a point where I feel comfortable releasing it. In it's current form, it consists of a bare-bones standard library, a binary loader (to bypass the one built into gmod, automatically loads .ctg files produced after linking), and an example. After about 5 minutes on google, and realizing I didn't really care that much, I decided to refer to the custom module format as "Cartridges".

The entire project is self contained, and should work if opened with Visual Studio 2017 (community will work fine). Since I plan to use this for more than HG development, and because i'm a fan of open source software, i've uploaded the entire thing on github. To get started, all you need to do is clone the repository, and open the main project file with Visual Studio 2017. Everything should compile when you click "build solution". I've created a website where you can view the API for the gstdlib library, and I'll post it here when I find the time to get it online.

Feel free to use this for whatever you like, but remember, if you create any derivative of the source code for the gstdlib library, or gloader binary loader, you are required by the liscense to make it open source.

Any cartridges written using this are not bound by the same requirements, and can be kept closed source.

Enjoy

• Like 1