Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Alien Invasion

Alienware

Consider this thread as an "INB4 Halloween themed/scary theme" thread before October hits.

So yes one of the things that freaked me out was the idea of Alien Invasion as a possible human extinction event. And these 2 movies, in particular, freaked me out the most in regards to this.

Titan A.E. and Steven Speilberg's War of the Worlds. And what both of these movies share in common is just how the Aliens in question treat humanity with absolutely no mercy and no sympathy. Its these movies in question that kinda hit home the idea that Humanity is not the center of the universe. I mean these scenes, in particular, hit home:

I've always wondered myself, usually everyone thinks that aliens could arrive at any moment and wipe us out easily. But what if we are the first technologically advanced life froms to ever exist in the universe? In the future we become the first to master space travel like we see aliens doing in movies. We become the alien civilization that farms resources from other less advanced world's. Heck!

I kinda like that role reversal, movies like avatar and battle for Terra are pretty neat in that way.

• Like 1