Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What Faction did you first choose in Fallout New Vegas and why?

The first faction I chose in Fallout New Vegas was the NCR mainly because I saw them as a faction that was going through a hard time and could end up being more powerful than Ceaser's Legion because of the Legion's lack to field troops with sophisticated firearm training. Though I did know that the NCR suffered the same problem of supplying their troops as the Legion did though as the Courier you could resolve the NCR's supply problem to an extent unlike the Legion. It also helped me to see more of the NCR and even get some of what the lower ranking troopers felt about their deployment into the Mojave, unlike what the legion would have to say, mainly because Ceaser sees it as his milestone to transform his nation into a true empire so his men don't say otherwise. Though I do see problems with NCR's expansion into Mojave, it's mainly artificial rather than natural because even to an extent nations become bigger when they need more resources for their population, economy, and infrastructure though the NCR in New Vegas and a bit before has rushed it, maybe because they didn't have a leader who was not only strong, but also wise enough to lead the NCR after their most successful president, Tandi died. Additionally the NCR has problems with term limits.   

• Like 2

After my 1st play-through, without looking at any guides, mods etc. I ended up going to the yes man. That ending annoyed me. So on my 2nd try i went with the house. And i have to say, the ending was my favorite. Humanity has a chance again, although it is not a democracy, you have to consider that humanity is at a point where Technologie will stagnate and waste away.

House is the solution for humanity to prosper and fix itself. 

Joining Caesers Legion is not gonna benefit Humanity in its whole. It would fracture after his death and end with bigger raider bands.

NCR has a chance, they are slow, but they will get there. Even if a lot of tech will be lost.

Yes Man is just wrong. Selfish ruler and no long term solution for humanity.