Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

constant download of models

rebL

Hi there I've noticed that each time you connect to a hellsgamers CS:S server you have to always to keep downloading the same files over and over. The files i'm talking about are the ones in directories:

materials/models/player/ct_urban

models/player/ct_urban

Can someone fix this? Maybe it's a problem with the fastdownloads.

I also have everything setup to download the custom files:

cl_downloadfilter all

cl_allowdownload 1

Also tried to validate my CS:S files from Steam Properties

I have seen some threads on steam saying that it could be a Windows 10 problem. Anyone with another operating system can confirm if this happens or not to them?

Thanks.

proof3.png

proof4.png

Edited by rebL
clarification

I found it that problem resides in the files from this directories models/player/ct_urban and materials/models/player/ct_urban.

I tested deleting everything in my cstrike/download/ folder which included all of the hellsgamers downloadable files and when I redownloaded everything, those were the files that are in fact not even present in my client folder and I have to keep trying to redownload. My guess is that those files are perhaps corrupt or those files doesn't even exist and we are trying to download them or simply the download link from the server side is not pointing to the right folder.

proof1.png

proof2.png

Edited by rebL
Grammar