Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Lynxx's Tiny Slug Guide.

Lynxx

I have been noticing the tiny slug becoming a huge meta, and I have been using it for a long time, and I figured I would share my knowledge with the community.
The Tiny slug does little damage on a body shot, and has little penetration, the least out of all the sniper classes, but what makes it insanely point efficient is that it uses shotgun ammo, and that on all normal zombies (and some bloodcradle bosses), it does 1300 damage a headshot.
People have always complained about the hitboxes on ZS, and having to hit the smallest part of the zombie on a laggy server is infuriating, so hopefully this will ease some frustration.
The first rule of the tiny slug is to not shoot unless you can hit a shot. Spamming with the tiny slug is only useful if the zombies are lining their heads up in a hallway. You have to be patient with this weapon to use it effectivly.
Second, and this is more of a personal rule, Is to not worry about bosses. The tiny slugs damage buff does not apply, and it only does around 300 damage on a headshot to a boss. The issue, however, is that bosses have the worst shitboxes *ahem* tickle *ahem*, so leave the bosses to other players. 
First - "Normal Zombies"normzom.PNG.7c430730cfe304829981af3d5497cdc8.PNG
Normal zombies are zombies whos head hitbox is the entire head, no ifs ands or buts. Ghouls, Wraiths, and Normal zombies fall into this category. These are easy picking if you hit anywhere in the circled area.
Second - "How the hell is that not a headshot" zombiesbloaded.PNG.50408be29daa81577889033eaba1e60b.PNG
These are zombies whos heads are not the head hitbox, but only part of it. This includes the bloated zombie, which only counts as a headshot if you hit the forehead or eyes, but not below. The circle area is where I get the most consistant headshot kills. Fast zombies fall into this category as well, as when they are attacking, their head sways making it near impossible to hit.
Third - "Guaranteed Headshot" Zombiespoison.PNG.ba0e49b055eae487b38cdb1de13d870c.PNG
These are zombies where really no matter where you aim, as long as its not the legs, it will count as a headshot. Poison is the best example, as it is the actual hitbox used for all of these zombies. Chem zombies and such also count, as well as bullsquids, where all you need to do is aim down the mouth to pop them.
Fourth - "What Head?" Zombieszombine.PNG.501ac866a56e0ec03d391baeb8d50a09.PNG
Zombies without a head on their model, such as zombine, still have a head hitbox. Hitting the upper middle armour plate and the neck cavity counts as a headshot. Flesh beasts also fall into this category, as their hitbox for the head is right where the balls would be, or the groin area. 
This formula is what I have been using, and I can usually score 50- 100 headshots a game depending on the population. I have actually not had a problem with lag, as I usually still score the head with terrible lag.