Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

concerns

INCUBUS

I previously posted a thread about this problem regarding the issue that sometimes hackers or spammers do not show up on the admin command menu, and some advice was given. But regardless, that advice is certainly not very effective. This happens just about every day, especially in crackhouse where i can't deal with individuals who are in need of punishment because somehow they are able to hack even the admin abilities. And usually when this happens, the server, that was thriving and full of people enjoying it, completely dies and the people in there look to me like i should be able to do something about it. And the thing that bothers me the most, is that i SHOULD be able to do something about it. And I absolutely hate that I can't deal with it immediately. There's a real problem going on here when the integrity of the servers, admins, and HG in general is compromised because even the admins who are supposed to be "governing" the servers have to post ban requests that take sometimes up to a day or so to be viewed. All the while, that same hacker has visited and ruined play for that server at least two or three times. It is because of this problem that the regular everyday players stop coming into the servers all together. Then there's the question of "what exactly are admins paying for monthly if they can't even use it when it's most needed?" In my opinion this is why office server is no longer populated at all hours, cuz i remember when it used to be packed almost all the time and never empty a few years back. It's because admins cant control the hackers. I mean i have no idea how you could develope a solution, whether it be a new system of admin, or whatever, but something has to happen to fix it.

You can just bypass the admin menu and go right to console.

sm_ban "STEAM_ID" 10000 [reason]

True, but i talked to Inc, and he said that the command itself doesn't even work on the hacker. Even in console when you type sm_ban, the command goes through but there is no result.

if you need to do it immediately, get in vent, find a council or staff member. there is almost always, at least one staff or council member in vent that can help you ban through HLSW or w/e.

for a long term solution, maybe dirty and lamp can look at this and stop playing COD FAG

no she's refering to how gay you are pwned....>_> btw pwned you need to find a cure to you jailbreak addiction. you know, maybe scrim a little with mario, hyper and myself more....Jailbreak = good way to get in trouble.

only time people scrim are like lack doobie i never see you any mmore :/

Yea go back to Mani Admin :D

Not going back to mani admin because then the hackers will be exploiting the servers more and crashing them more.

This concern regarding a hacker to not be able to be banned by an admin I have never heard of and sm_ban with their steamid should work 100% of the time unless they are an admin and have immunity..

Pretty much what Homer said. Unless they're not on the server when you look them up, EVERYONE should show up on an sm_who. Then can be banned by steam ID or number unless they have immunity, in which case, nothing will happen when you try to ban them.

I think the syntax might be a little flaky last time I checked because you have to use the reason argument or something of the like, but I've never been able to not ban someone, even people with the "no name" glitch.

I could be mistaken, though. I suppose a demo of this failure could come in handy?

Ya fo sho! Thank you guys for ur inputs, especially to wingless and homer cuz i can see ur trying to help. I'll definitely take a demo of it next time it happens to see if it will help.

only time people scrim are like lack doobie i never see you any mmore :/

no, SCRIM...not 10man dude lol. And ya you don't see me scrimmin cuz mario, hyper and myself usually do it at like 4 or 5am and that's passed ur bedtime. ;D

at 4 or 5am? ok i'll keep that in mind for when we're looking for a 5th or like 2 more. but only if you are naked when you play with us. we don't believe in clothing like scientologists...>_>...but that shouldn't be a problem for you lack since you rock out with ur cock out right?

Ya fo sho! Thank you guys for ur inputs, especially to wingless and homer cuz i can see ur trying to help. I'll definitely take a demo of it next time it happens to see if it will help.

no, SCRIM...not 10man dude lol. And ya you don't see me scrimmin cuz mario, hyper and myself usually do it at like 4 or 5am and that's passed ur bedtime. ;D

I scrimmed with Mario once i dont think ever with hyper

And when i do scrim its with doobie lack prius seb sometimes sia or neno

get rid of that thing you call a life and play cs:s moar

hahaha nice pwned...well played sir cuz I infact do have a life and cant play css moar during the day and early evening. well right now anyways. but good news is that after wednesday i'll start having less of a life since all my finals will be over and just sit on my ass all day playing css over the winter break....well on days i don't have work of course. so i'll be scrimmin with you guys real soon....but again, only if lack is naked.