Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

How Long Have You've Been With HG and How do You Feel About Now?

xDMxJaklbit

Well, tbh I've known the community for over 3 years now and how I feel about is just my opinion (not shaming anyone or anything). It could be a better community with the people it has currently being in their specific roles. Yes I know most of us have a busy schedule I understand that and I know where you're coming from. What I'm saying is that they should have people that are really committed and I mean REALLY committed to helping it make this community the best it can be for the years to come. Homer on the other hand has been making a dedicated server pc for all the servers being hosted from HG, which is a big step forward for this community. As of recent, I've seen quite a server boost on both Trade 2 and Trade 3 within the times of 12 PM - 3 PM and 5 PM - 10 PM CST this is a good thing nonetheless (shoutout the community team). All in all, it's all how you feel about this community and the people you talk to and meet as a whole. #HG2016

I known HG for about 6-7 years and joined it like a few months ago. It's doing alright I like being in this community meet cool people and stuff. HG has it up's and down's but I know for a fact that if we work as a team and share this community to others it will become stronger then ever. 

If you guys wondering how long I've been with HG, I've been with HG for a few months but I have played on HG servers for A long time (on 3 different accounts, it's weird.) I feel like it's improving, we've gotten more players on these servers and everything else seems fine (Other Than not having enough active mods)

On 11/10/2020 at 3:10 PM, G Loose said:

Well, tbh I've known the community for over 3 years now and how I feel about is just my opinion (not shaming anyone or anything). It could be a better community with the people it has currently being in their specific roles. Yes I know most of us have a busy schedule I understand that and I know where you're coming from. What I'm saying is that they should have people that are really committed and I mean REALLY committed to helping it make this community the best it can be for the years to come. Homer on the other hand has been making a dedicated server pc for all the servers being hosted from HG, which is a big step forward for this community. As of recent, I've seen quite a server boost on both Trade 2 and Trade 3 within the times of 12 PM - 3 PM and 5 PM - 10 PM CST this is a good thing nonetheless (shoutout the community team). All in all, it's all how you feel about this community and the people you talk to and meet as a whole. #HG2016

Um 1-2 sentences would've been fine but A+

I've been around the community for over a decade, starting with playing on their servers then eventually joining. I was a recruit in the past and it was nice. I left for various reasons, none because of HG though.

This time around, I've only been back for a few days but I'm enjoying it. The new people I've met so far (both HG and just players) seem to be nice and enjoy themselves. I was surprised that some old faces remembered me even though I didn't remember all of them :blush: I'm officially in the CSS division but I've dabbled around TF2's division for a bit as well. They're... special lol

Overall I'm enjoying it this time and I expect to be here for the foreseeable future. I do hate that we the CSS servers don't have the player base they used to, but it is an older game and I know things out of peoples' control happened over time.

HG is a great community. I hope I can help revitalize CSS in some capacity over time, and parts of the community as a whole.

I have known hg for 4 years, and been in it (from recruit) for about 3. I moderated for about 1 1/2 years, and from that, I noticed that people will act differently when promoted. Since I never strived to be more until recently, I went through quite a few DL's, each more different than the last. I started with Fume and Northground, Who were extremely kind, and helped out quite a bit. We then moved to Pho and Fume, Who helped tidy up the Gmod division a significant amount, then, for about 6 months, I stepped down to focus, and then, when I came back, It was Mclovin and Talbot, 2 polar opposites working together, keeping eachother in check. Now its White Kliener. Seeing how different DL's interperate the rule sets put infront of them, and the situation they must deal with, it can show some room for improvement. I would be lying if I said HG was flawless in its rules and its guidelines, but it certainly is thorough. HG is one of my favorite communities I have dedicated my time too, and I hope to continue.