Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Minigames Suggestion

SenpaiiPlz

Tl;dr (Please read it all tho <3) > Your thoughts on introducing auto bhop to MG, but with an acceleration limitation so you can't break maps and go super fast, but can still hit bhops for certain maps and less experienced players?

[Hello! If we haven't met yet, I have been playing on the MG server for a little over a week now I believe. I look forward to meeting you if we've yet to. That being said...]

So I was speaking with @ASCII about the possibility of introducing auto bhop to the server with a limited speed acceleration and he told me to make a forum post here so more people could discuss this. I know a lot of people are against auto bhop (myself included tbh), but I also know it is likely to bring in more people. Auto bhop turned on and left as is, is broken and too much. People can abuse the speed gain and skip parts of maps that should not be skipped. This is why I believe we should implement a speed limitation. This way, there is still auto bhop for players who are less experienced and need the assistance to beat certain parts/enjoy their experience, but also prevents the more experienced players from abusing it. Some of the less experienced players would feel more comfortable with this feature, without affecting the gameplay too much.

I'm no programmer or server editor or anything like that, so idk if it's actually possible or how difficult it would be to do this. So if I am completely making a false assumption that it is possible, let me know and I apologize. But if it is indeed possible, I feel this could be a great addition to the server without breaking it/introducing cheese. Some maps specifically could use auto bhop simply to be able to use the maps speed boosts/bhops/etc. efficiently, such as velocity_tower, or some other certain minigame options.

I'd love to hear from the community and/or regulars of the server. Even newbies that think they would be more interested in playing on MG if we added auto bhop. Feel free to voice your opinions but please keep it friendly :wub:

Edited by SenpaiiPlz
typo
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Icaema said:

By acceleration limitation, do you mean making air acceleration smaller, or having a cap on the max speed?

A cap on the map/max speed

**Although tbh, I'm not sure what the diff is between making air acceleration smaller and having a cap on the max speed. But yeah, I mean no matter how hard you try, you can't go faster than a certain cap out point even with the auto bhop. But without setting it so low that you can't make long jumps and such

Edited by SenpaiiPlz
added second part

I agree auto bhop would make more players join seeing as population on the server goes down once we play a map that requires people with good bhoping skills to be able to even do anything

but I like the idea of there being no auto bhop cause its more skill based.

1 hour ago, WhoISthis said:

but I like the idea of there being no auto bhop cause its more skill based.

I agree, this is why I don't personally like auto bhop much. But I'd much rather have a higher player count that has a better chance to compete, than a mostly dead server with try hards that discourage newbies

It really depends on the map i think. I remember during the eGOxHG minigames crossover event their server had autobhop and it really made some of the rounds drag on for a long time since everyone was zoomin thru the map. Headshot only minigame with autobhop was not fun.

5 minutes ago, Jimothy said:

It really depends on the map i think. I remember during the eGOxHG minigames crossover event their server had autobhop and it really made some of the rounds drag on for a long time since everyone was zoomin thru the map. Headshot only minigame with autobhop was not fun.

All the more reason to limit the speed acceleration cap. People like myself can still bhop around on headshot only without auto bhop anyway, which again leaves a gap between experienced and newer players. The key here is to not be able to "zoom through the map", or any map. Just to add more consistency 

Edited by SenpaiiPlz
typo

3 minutes ago, Fortis said:

It's also possible to toggle auto hop per person. Which can be done in multiple ways, Mods+ could "enable" autohop and people can then toggle it if they want it or not or it could be made a server wide vote in which if passed allows the ability to be toggled per person. This allows the people who need/want it to have it and the people who don't want it to not have it.

However I don't think it should be allowed at all on any multigame map, just course maps...

That requires mods actually being on at all times, which isn't the case. As for minigame maps as opposed to course, there are bhop sections of nearly every minigame map. On velocity_tower it's kinda difficult to hit the speed boost in the water without auto bhop. I'm no pro, but I'm above average at bhop without auto and still have a hard time getting the speed boost. Without it, the ramps just send you straight up in the air which isn't the intended feature. I honestly feel like every map should have it without the need of mods on constantly

Heyo! So this is actually up there on our priority list. We've been discussing this amongst ourselves and we will come to a verdict very soon! I will keep you updated, but there is a VERY high chance that auto-hop will be added but in a balanced manner. I won't get too into this because it's still in the talks among staff, but it's definitely being worked on. I definitely appreciate the input, and I will do my best to keep the player base updated regarding our major changes/updates to MG! 

• Like 2