Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Crackhouse Sprucing

Whorrior

I think its time for an altered Crackhouse map.

Maybe make it a rotation with various altered crackhouse maps, or just a new one all together.

As the original is the "original"  AWP clan has successfuly reinvted the map for more hiding and enjoyable combat. Perhaps the server should follow suit? 

Yes , No? 

Lets discuss this.

• Like 1

Well, I'm bored as %$#@ so I'm going to do a remodel. If anyone has any requests.. idea's they'd like to see. Ill do my best to put them into the design. 
Going more modern building surrounding and then a dumpster house to actually give the crackhouse feel.
Ill post pictures of progress :)

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Whorrior said:

Right now I'm making a more neutral entry for .. Neutral. Access points at each end should help the hardcore camping.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3mP4KGLFL6BLLK367
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sbqDs38vMptJYbyDA

Looking good so far! We have a team of mappers in HGDC you should consider joining. You don't have to be in HG to apply for it, but being in HG is still great.

Here's that app if you want to check it out! https://hellsgamers.com/forms/18-hgdc-application/

Looking great man! 

Just some advice, when it comes to old nostalgic maps like crackhouse it's important to not change too much. Change too many textures, or adjust the brushes too much from the original and it looses that feeling that players want from a map like crackhouse. If they wanted a well balanced map they would be on dust 2. 

Sometimes it's better to edit the original map to keep the spacing and feeling the same. Remaking the map from scratch will take significantly more time, if you're committed I highly suggest using the original map as a reference so that it retains the same vibes. 

It's an old map, on an old server, in an old game. Any new map is gonna get backlash, but don't let it discourage you. 

Good luck! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SELERY said:

Looking great man! 

Just some advice, when it comes to old nostalgic maps like crackhouse it's important to not change too much. Change too many textures, or adjust the brushes too much from the original and it looses that feeling that players want from a map like crackhouse. If they wanted a well balanced map they would be on dust 2. 

Sometimes it's better to edit the original map to keep the spacing and feeling the same. Remaking the map from scratch will take significantly more time, if you're committed I highly suggest using the original map as a reference so that it retains the same vibes. 

It's an old map, on an old server, in an old game. Any new map is gonna get backlash, but don't let it discourage you. 

Good luck! 

I hear ya, I have that completely in mind. I just wanted to redo the ct and neutral to give it a fresher look and then dungy up the crackhouse itself. For the crackhouse itself I'm not changing the building size, windows or ladders cause I know ppl get used to what they've been playing for years.  We'll see in the long run how it turns out, thanks for the advice. :) 

• Like 1