Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

How to mute vent with one button

ricky2442

How to Bind a Button to Mute Ventrilo

This guide/tutorial will show you how to setup a key to mute and unmute ventrilo so you will never again need to shout "STFU".

Step 1:

Click on the Arrow next to Bindings (Add or Edit keybindings).

step1.jpg

Step 2:

A new window should pop-up called Setup Bindings - <username>. Click on New (it should already be highlighted).

step_2.jpg

Step 3:

A small window should pop-up. Simply just type out the name you would like for your bind and click Ok.

phase_3.jpg

Step 4:

Once you have named your new bind, click on Add at the very bottom-left of the window.

step_4.jpg

Step 5:

Another window should of popped up called Edit Hotkey / Function. Select/click the Radio Button next to Toggle Mute Sound.

step_5.jpg

Step 6:

Once you have ticked the radio button go ahead and click in the Box Below, then press the Button that you would like to bind the command to. For example, I binded the command to the subtract key, therefore when I press the key vent will be muted and if I press it again it will be unmuted. Go ahead and click ok when you are satisfied with your bind.

step_6.jpg

Note:

To activate the bind you need to select it from the drop down menu each time you join.

note1.jpg

If you forget whether ventrilo is muted or not look at the bottom left. If the box next to Mute Sound is ticked then vent is muted, if it's unticked then it's unmuted.

note2.jpg