Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

are we now allowed to post in ban reports/tlist reports

Hamhugger

that do not involve us? I know there was always a rule to not post unless you bring something of value (with proof) or directly involved. I've noticed in the past month that in many reports there are a lot of people adding in their 2 cents but show no evidence or were even involved. Do we now make a decision based on those postings as well?

That's because everyone's being too nice to do anything. No one wants to be the bad guy and people are obviously too retarded to know better after they've been told 999999999999999992111111113893524893284713289407329847 times.

I've had to catch myself and keep from posting in them myself because I've had the urge to yell at those people. It never bugged me until I read multiple threads with staff bitching about it. Now it just gets under my skin because I don't know how it's so hard for people to understand "stay the fuck out of this thread if it doesn't pertain to you."

Edited by Kinta

I'll admit that i've even done it recently on Samuel L. Jacksons unban request, i knew that he was a regular player and a good person and that he wasnt trying to do what he was banned for... I know i shouldnt have i even included that in the post, i just didnt want to sit back and watch him "choke on a log"..

My post was stating that he was a player that played 3 months on the server and that him trying to crash the server would be illogical. I was trying to stick up for a player that did not do anything wrong. It was a bug in steam. So I should be banned from forums for that?

Heres where I think its controversial.

If you have evidence, PERFECT.

But Isnt a WITNESS part of the evidence. If you got 6 people posting this guy needs to be banned, but you dont have proof, how many peoples posts are enough. And what if an admin comes in and says I have banned this guy EVERYDAY FOR THE LAST WEEK. This means nothing?

Yes it means nothing because it leads to arguments with the person banned and makes it look like HG bans for nothing. Also I have seen jail breakers talk on vent like a little gang to post so it makes them look right. Even if they are not.

Yes it means nothing because it leads to arguments with the person banned and makes it look like HG bans for nothing. Also I have seen jail breakers talk on vent like a little gang to post so it makes them look right. Even if they are not.

Maybe those Jailbreakers need to be reminded that they can be banned from the community just as quickly for making shit up as they can for violating the MOTD.

Just saying...

Ok, let me clear up a few things. First off, if you have valid and informative proof to add to a ban/unban request, then you can post. We don't ban or unban based on the heresay of people. We value people's opinions, but if you don't have something worthwile to post in a ban/unban request then DON'T POST IN IT!!!!

Ok, let me clear up a few things. First off, if you have valid and informative proof to add to a ban/unban request, then you can post. We don't ban or unban based on the heresay of people. We value people's opinions, but if you don't have something worthwile to post in a ban/unban request then DON'T POST IN IT!!!!

So, "We value your opinion, but fuck off, you are all wrong." Essentially what I have gathered from this entire thread?

So, "We value your opinion, but fuck off, you are all wrong." Essentially what I have gathered from this entire thread?

No

We value your opinion but without any proof we cant hold it to be 100% true

So only reply with proof

Well, i guess i will apologize for posting in that unban request then. But when somone's told to choke on a log and laughed at by a staff member things probably won't turn out well.. And the fact that he was a regular player i didn't want to be overlooked, i don't know if mine or pope's posts were even taken into consideration or looked into for that matter. I tried pming staff with no response so i posted. otherwise i could have told them my thoughts over steam

No, not at all. What it means is that we can't take what people say to be 100% correct. We wish that we could, but we just can't. We prefer that if a person is posting in a ban/unban request that they have something valid to prove towards the case. We like that people have opinions, but we can't just take what people say as completely 100% true. People lie and say things for a person because they are a friend or an infinite number of other reasons. So please don't try to twist my words into your own meaning.

Kiri are you saying that its okay to post in ban/unban if you have a good point, but only when you have a good point? I would understand if it was something stupid like I dont like this dude ban him then you shouldnt post. On the other hand if it is something good like from past experiences with that player is it okay?

Basically, what we want is people to provide input if they have proof to add to the ban/unban request. We like that our members have opinions, its just that we can't take what people say to be 100% correct all of the time. That's why we want proof of things.