Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Careful Guys . . .

Steam got ninja updated. . . i just got banned because i ended up joining a hacked server and so i backed out, and after backing out i got awarded with a big "cheat detected" . . . so be careful guys!

i went into a game, got connected to a hacked server where they had it so only one kill made you lol 70. i killed a guy, found out i got promoted, and left. as soon as i DC i got a lovely "cheat detected". i messaged steam about it, but they have a nice banner EVERYWHERE that says "if banned you will never be unbanned" so i doubt i'll get unbanned from MW2 now . . . i can still play TF2 and the likes, just now MW2 cause it constantly says "cheat detected" every time i start up now . . .

i think they ninja updated things so that if you are found in a vac-chaos match its insta ban or something . . . then again, i also have seen alot of posts on various mw2 forums stating that they got banned from such a thing.

hey, what was that one guys name that said he had alot of other steam accounts that he'd sell for $3? lol if i could get ahold of him i'll just bum an account from him to play online with you guys. i can still play private matches with you guys in MW2 with my current account as well fyi.

yea i'm pursusing it big time, i want my account. when i first saw them saying "what is vac-ban vs server ban" it said that vac-ban goes across all games that use vac protection (so basically every game i've got), and server ban is just a specific game/server. well i'm guessing its just a server ban since i can still get on TF2 and killing floor and what not. even CSS. so i'm fighting this cause i even BACKED OUT of the match cause i didn't want it. . . but yea, if i can get ahold of dirty and if he's willing to sell me account, i'll just do that. or if he'd even be kind enough to let me borrow it until i can get mine fixed. and if it turns out they wont unban me, then i'll purchase it from him ^^;

lol

anyway, i'm off guys, i gotta drive an hour down to my college so i can get some financial aid shit worked out, then i'll be back.

Guest The_Monkey

VAC bans run over engines. In this case MW2 is the only game that uses that engine. If you were banned from a source game, all source based games would not work.

Back to the matter at hand, YOU CANNOT BE VAC BANNED BECAUSE OF A HACKED LOBBY/SERVER/ETC.

See this thread at the SPUForums:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1365306

Specifically this post:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16147311&postcount=19

Also note this thread:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1297234

i dont know what to say then. . . i had a friend buy MW2 just a good few weeks ago and he got into a server as well and was banned. tho steam revoked the ban about a week later. i know that some methods of hacking your level and prestige can get you banned, i've read alot up on it after his instance. its certain ways that the XP is given, such as if its given to you because the other person inputted it into the games console without a vac disabler, everyone in the party gets banned because their stats all got updated at an "impossible" rate.

i mean, you've seen me play lol, if i was some kinda hacker then wouldn't my kills be just as bad ass as fracture's? lmfao! i mean, come on, in a HC HQ match fracture goes like 50 and 15, and i'm always 20 and 18 roughly lmfao, i SUCK. . . and i'm sure as hell not stupid enough to be using that shit, especially on a main account! i mean that's just ASKING for trouble~!~

i have an "official" statement from them now guys ^^; i was right, it was because of that damn server not doing their level 70 bullshit in a "correct way".

Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello Chad, Thank you for contacting Steam Support. Our system indicates that this account has been permanently banned by the Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) from Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer for use of cheats or other unauthorized modifications to the game (such as a console unlocker) and will not provide the date and time the infraction took place. We have confirmed that the ban on the account was applied legitimately and it cannot be removed. This ban does not affect other titles on the account. The account may still be used to play the single-player campaign and Spec Ops missions. We cannot move game subscriptions from accounts which have been banned by VAC. If you choose to purchase a new copy of this game, please create a new Steam account to register the game to. Remove all cheats from your system before you install (if you do not know where the cheats were installed, you may want to consider reformatting the machine and starting over with a new installation of your operating system). For more information on Valve's policies, please see the Steam Subscriber Agreement and the Rules of Steam Online Conduct: Steam Subscriber Agreement http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=subscriber_agreement Rules of Steam Online Conduct http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=online_conduct Valve Anti-Cheat System (VAC) https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7849-RADZ-6869

so, if you ask me, with them not wanting to tell me the "date and time the infraction took place" sounds awfully alot like they dont KNOW when it happened, nor do they know specifically WHAT happened. all they seem to know is that apparently there was an unlocked console on the server. i wish i had the names of other people in the server so i could ask if they were banned too. . .

also, to let ya know, i AM able to play in private matches. i've done tried it and it works (played a 1v1 against a friend of mine from school). so whenever you guys get into one your or private match moods just hit me up if you want. you guys are definitely the best guys i know on MW2 and beyond a doubt the funnest the play with.

Edited by Foxra
Added The Part About Private Matches

Guest The_Monkey

I'm still calling shenanigans!!!

If you keep fighting it, you should be able to get your account unbanned. Don't give up.

I'm still calling shenanigans!!!

If you keep fighting it, you should be able to get your account unbanned. Don't give up.

Exactly just keep annoying them about it. Send them mail, emails to different staff members and departments, ect.

i sent them another email stating:

would this have anything to do with a hacked server match that I got placed into through match making that instant makes you level 70? cause the only thing I can think of that would have anything to do with a "console unlocker" would be about a week ago when I was placed in a match, found out I gained a lot of levels, and backed out.. I know people could get banned from that kind of stuff but never knew just accidentally being placed there through match making would do such a thing.

i'm not gonna be all "bitch do it now" on them because that doesn't solve anything, plus it'd just give them a better reason to not unban me. i'm def not just going to sit quite about it though! i mean, its bullshit! next time i find out i'm in a hacked server, i'm ctrl+alt+deleting the son-of-a-bitch so that it doesn't upload shit to their retarded "cloud" ! ! !

Guest The_Monkey

ctl + alt + del isn't going to stop anything... the cloud data isn't what got you banned.

They are saying that you have the console unlocked...YOU...not the server. As such, you need to delete your config files. The cloud data stores your ranks and such. The second thread I posted tells you how to set everything back to normal config wise.

Valve already made it crystal clear that they don't care about rank crap.

well i wont have to bother redoing the config file and what not, i'm gonna reinstall it completely. i was lucky enough to have bought the the discs when it came out, so i can install it anytime i want. plus maybe it had something to do with how it was installed on my computer in the first place. i have recently re-installed windows twice on my machine, and i always install my stuff to a seaporate hard drive for just such an occasion because then all i have to do is correct the links and they all work again. so maybe when i reinstalled my windows about a month ago i didn't do the proper link like usual or maybe i missed one or something. cause i read that its nearly impossible to have an "instant ban" even tho everyone says they've had one. and that VAC bans in waves, so maybe i was on their "lesser" list or something if my idea is correct or not. oh well, i'm still fighting it and eventually i'll get things re-installed.

i'm tempted to try and re-install it under a different account and see if it'll let me play lol, but since the key is registered to foxra, it probably wont lmao. i'll have to check out those "Russian" keys everyone keeps talking about or reach dirty some how. i dont have him on my friends list lol, but i'm hoping i'll see him in a lobby with ya guys at some point. lol.

still haven't received an email back from them. hell when i sent my first email they replied back the next day, now its going on two days, so i'm thinking about sending another email about the situation.

Guest The_Monkey
still haven't received an email back from them. hell when i sent my first email they replied back the next day, now its going on two days, so i'm thinking about sending another email about the situation.

Keep sending...squeaky wheel gets the steam account un-vac banned.

you have that right, or at least i hope. i'm about to send another one in about an hour or so, or whenever the wife decides to hop off the desktop (i'm on my palm pre right now and that's the only way i'm able to really check the threads and what not when she's on the desktop lol).