Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

About Chat Spam In Jailbreak

**Roy**

Its... a little annoying, and on top of everything else in jailbreak thats annoying I gotta have this too? Not even be able to hold a text convo since im without a mic atm?

Lets just break this one rule right? NO! I know what happens when you give ppl an inch, they take a goddamn mile.

Just because you shouldn't flood the airwaves with voice spam doesn't mean you can move that to chatbox.

When I try to see who freeshot me, I have to stop and scroll up about 3-5 pages worth of chat spam before I can find the name. It's ridiculous. On top of that, it is annoying. I would compare it to one of those devices that beeps every now and then. It's fine for awhile, but then it starts to bug you. Then you start to want to strangle it. Kinda like that.

Honestly I don't mind if players spam chat. Even me on some days I may excessively spam mic or talk when I'm dead but I know my limits.

I think that the t's should listen better and not need to look at the chat and delay and possibly get free killed. This is my opinion but it would be a good idea to enforce this "chat spam" issue more.

Spam of any type, whether is be through mic or through chat, is not allowed, and is against the motd. You may think it's silly, and you are entitled to your opinion, but it is annoying as hell, and admins ALWAYS give warnings through chat. If the chatbox is going to fast, or someone is just spamming, an admin cannot get his message across correctly because no one had time to even read who it was from.

umadbro?

umadbro?

umadbro?

Dude... Really? Still?

Honestly this is one of the reasons I moved my admin... Not the main one, albeit, but still. Holy hell. There are some ridiculous admins on JB. Never follow the order of punishment, are hostile, spam chat, etc. Just can't do anything about it without a report.

I mean really, go to the chat log. Filter by umadbri umadbreh umadbru etc., and that's almost proof enough for at least suspension of a few admins right there.

As several members, staff, council and smart people have said in this thread.

"Spamming is spamming" As an admin, you should know the MOTD inside and out. With jailbreak, you pretty much have to follow all rules on the MOTD. No matter what, everyone should follow the MOTD in every sever, but it should be enforced more in Jailbreak. There is ALWAYS spam in jailbreak. The less spam, the better the server will run. So much spam = lag for everyone. Text, video, voice, etc etc. If you jailbreak admins who are spamming have the need to come in here and post nothing but troll comments, then your admin should be revoked and you should take a break from jailbreak. It isn't hard to follow rules.

Yes, to you, 3 lines of "umadbro" might not be spam to you, but to us members of HG, it is spam. It is very annoying. Simple...follow the rules, or action will be taken. As several members, staff and council said...spamming is spamming. "Don't do that shit"

/rant

inb4 tl;dr