Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

About Chat Spam In Jailbreak

**Roy**

Recently has come to our attention that the jailbreak chat is being flooded with useless text like "umadbreh?" which makes difficult to read the chatbox on a server where reading the chat might save your life, it is already pretty hard to read the chatbox with all the server announcements, like the "Last CT" stuff, which no one reads because the thing goes too damn fast, and now some people is spamming the chat more and more and when they are called about it they say things like "STFU" or "NO ONE CARES" or "I DON'T CARE" or like some admin told me the other day when i said i was going to file an abuse report for spamming "do whatever the fuck you want" if you see here you'll see only a bit of what is happening is Jailbreak's chat box, if that guy who is an admin, is spamming the server like this, what can i say about the people who are outsiders... couple screenies so you can see im not "bullshitting" you... I'm not pointing my finger to anybody, we just need some common courtesy and some maturity to understand that, what you are doing, you are doing it wrong...

attachment.php?attachmentid=3412&d=1283222674

attachment.php?attachmentid=3413&d=1283222681

attachment.php?attachmentid=3414&d=1283222694

EDIT: Check also Here It is funny that most of the spammers are ADMINS

post-1774-13525954147665_thumb.jpg

post-1774-1352595414793_thumb.jpg

post-1774-13525954148207_thumb.jpg

Edited by **Roy**

inb4 you get banned from forums. Sadly it's the group of cronies I usually pal around with (minus Tehzync). I've warned them all many times that if they keep it up, it's gonna bite em in the ass and even after one of them got banned, it hasn't stopped. You guys really gotta check yourselves before you wreck yourselves. It's gettin out of control.

inb4 you get banned from forums. Sadly it's the group of cronies I usually pal around with (minus Tehzync). I've warned them all many times that if they keep it up, it's gonna bite em in the ass and even after one of them got banned, it hasn't stopped. You guys really gotta check yourselves before you wreck yourselves. It's gettin out of control.

Your a failure be quiet

The problem in Jailbreak is the admins think since they are admins they can do anything. I have had to mute admins for spamming multiple times. When they get mad I simply say just because you have admin does not make you above the rules. Follow the motd and do not spam.

The problem in Jailbreak is the admins think since they are admins they can do anything. I have had to mute admins for spamming multiple times. When they get mad I simply say just because you have admin does not make you above the rules. Follow the motd and do not spam.

I mute people alot for Mic spamming its annoying -____-

How many times must we tell everybody.

Don't just use admin chat to talk needlessly. If you want to chat, use normal chat.

If you use admin chat just to have a normal conversation, then it loses any sense of importance.

You fucks need to learn to respect others.

How many times must we tell everybody.

Don't just use admin chat to talk needlessly. If you want to chat, use normal chat.

If you use admin chat just to have a normal conversation, then it loses any sense of importance.

You fucks need to learn to respect others.

No Clark. This is about admins(and players) spamming the chatbox. The admin part came up because they really shouldn't be doing it.

I don't know how much you guys wanna fuck with the server as far as maybe raising the amount of time in that cvar where it prevents you from sending chatbox messages too quickly, or we can do it the old fashioned way and take care of it with punishments, ...or both!

Part of the problem is that some admins do think that they are above some of the rules given the silly nature of the server. And the other part is that people see admins doing it and assume its okay to spam as well.

Which is why I'm starting with the admins. What did I tell you about admins checking themselves in the other thread about switch back = ban?

CHECK YOSELVES means be a good admin.

Yeah in the screenshots shown on this thread you see people like fudge from eGO doing it, but I know that he and other players like Boom and ex-admin and friend of mine Brag started this chat spam thing after seeing admins do it. Now I have a chat bind that changes quite often whenever something funnier comes up, but that doesn't mean I spam it 5 times whenever I get bored during a round (every 10 seconds lol). I use that bind once maybe every other round, and that's it. Spamming "umadbri?" 3 times whenever a specific person talks is both disrespectful and unnecessary.

Wow. Fuck you

Umadbru?

That is quite a mature response.

Your a failure be quiet

Once again, you are immature in your answers, this is not a game, we are discussing a serious matter here, counter strike is one thing and the forums is another

Submit viable evidence which supports an argument to have someone be held accountable for spamming.

Else, well, there is no else.

What more evidence that the chat logs I submitted and the screenshots, you can see their names, and their steam IDs on the chatlogs, and the screenshots are to confirm what I said.

Edited by **Roy**

I just... I can't even see how this is a problem. So your chatbox moves quickly... so what?

The orders can't be given through text, the written text shouldn't be "saving your life," as you should be listening to the orders given over microphone.

I don't see what there is to complain about. Is it because the text moving too fast annoys you or what..?

I just... I can't even see how this is a problem. So your chatbox moves quickly... so what?

The orders can't be given through text, the written text shouldn't be "saving your life," as you should be listening to the orders given over microphone.

I don't see what there is to complain about. Is it because the text moving too fast annoys you or what..?

It's on the MOTD read it (inb4 no one reads the MOTD, no one cares)