Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

British think Obama's energy policy is nuttier than squirrel turds

DJ2

Lol DJ, I'm pretty sure Lamps got you on this one. I'd say just give up already lol.

he's got me? he never even had his car....

srs'ly tho, anyone paying attention knows who won....

****SPOILER ALERT****

only one of us actually cares, the other is here to instigate the one that does

Flame-You-Lose-I_win.jpg

I am only posting one message...

Based on my research from the library of congress, NGO operations and current non-partisan efforts to de-politicise and overall re-structure our energy-manufacturing-commerce-implosion, I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that:

What people POLITICISE as one persons policy is actually one put together by mainly conservatives like T-Boone Pickens and many others who have profited off of oil.

The constantly changing dynamic in modern supply side economics has nothing to do with politics and I absolutely beg that people who are IDEOLOGICALLY bound to rhetoric, stop, look back at reality for a moment and stop living in short sighted fear and resentment.

The world will not be the same soon. Ideology or not. It would be benificial for every American to stop living inside a consumer bubble and apply some HARD, REAL, research to their claims that they understand what the world is going through... Trust me... If we want to have a slim chance of survival (As a species, not as Americans) we should stop politicising issues that are actually (If you really research it) a very bi-partisan and dynamic rush for new technology.

a major conservative corporation owner recently said this "When an economy is in freefall, it is easy for us to think it can fly again while ignoring the fact that both wings are broken."

also. I am not a democrat. So dont start with that bullS***

one last thing about resources.

picture a test tube. full of nutrients. you place one bacteria in the test tube, how long before it is full of bacteria with no nutrients left?

about 60 minutes.

when is it half full?

59 minutes.

most economists and supply side economic analyists are prooving that we are well past the 59th minute.

how crazy would a bacteria sound if he freaked out about how we were about to run out of everything at the 59th minute?

he would sound crazy as hell...

well Im here to tell you. Do some real research and you guys might not have such an easy time of making a political joke about the next 40 years.

people like Pickens and others are right on the mark with this. We have 10 years to turn it around. Or we might as well just hand over our power now, because we currently pay good money to loose our world power barrel by barrel currently.

how uninformed do we have to be to be a real American? I hope for a day when life is not judged by this pretext. I also hope you arent insulted by this post and are instead inspired to actually research the issue MINUS POLITICAL RHETORIC!

You think Iraq is not gonna compensate us? Do you think economies just rise and rise without issues?

Do you think anyone knows what to do in this short-term game? Its all trial and error, but the bigger picture is focused.

Bush got elected two terms. (win)

Bush locked the US down in the middle east. (win)

Bush brought to sight the issues with our economy. (win)

Bush will be the cause of the U.S. staying a global champ. (win)

Of course we are gonna have some problems we have to go through. The market does not just rise and rise, there will again be a rise, but it will be far greater than we have seen.

Bush has brought to sight the ignorant spending habbits of this country, and we will be able to make things more transparent, where are monies are concerned. People will fall back to old habbits, because people are stupid and forgetful...but it won't be like it was.

We are champs in the middle east until AT LEAST 2011....the money will come back. There is no way we will not get compensated, you spend money to make money. And usually the more you spend, the more you make. Iraq don't want to pay us? We plant our flag...whose gonna stop it? China? We owe China too much money for them to be an enemy, we are making China what they are.

(mainly by our ignorance, but nonetheless, our military is champ. You did not see any technology used in the Iraq was or the war(s) in Afghanistan and Pakistan.)

Watch NATO in the coming months and years.

Champs...and Bush and the "Bushes" had large parts in it.

Short sightedness is not what a president has..he must look to the future in these times, our generation is not really the largest focus. (although we need to focus on our kids and make them robotlike to technology..) We will have to go through problems, and maybe throughout 10-20 years (probably not that long for sure) we won't have AWESOME lives...but America will win.

Even if you don't like them (us).

/opinion

Edited by vandium

You do realize whites are the reason he got in? This post isn't racist of course. I'm just sayin...

It was not BECAUSE of whites, but the whites did have a large effect. Although 90% of their votes came from politics or Obama's overall character representation.

A majority of blacks and browns did not vote based upon that, instead the votes were based on his appearance as a brown race, by which they could relate. (as well as the hard working middle class, struggling to pay his normal household bills character he was portraying.)

As well as the promises made, which will be broken. We will be in the middle east, Obama really does not have a say in that. And also the missle shield...he will obey.

Overall I am okay with him, we don't need to have billionaire's with rediculous houses, no matter how hard you work. You can still live like that and assist the less mentally and spiritually equipped individuals. (to an extent)

I understand the whole "you get what you work for thing", but not everyone is equipped to succeed, and there is no reason to be a billionaire....honestly...its all ego.

Edited by vandium

I see how this thread has deteriorated into a game of grab-ass and I’m sorry I got in so late…..but….man made global warming or man made climate change is a HOAX. Not true, never was. The new green is the old red.

BTW all my CRT monitors go in the landfill.

Its not a hoax, its a strategy...don't hate the strategy.

But do learn to conserve energy...because you wouldn't do it if they asked you too..

I mean look, gas prices had to get rediculous for you to sell your SUV's, now you go buy em again since gas prices are down.

People are dumb, they need to be forced to comply.

Saying global warming is a hoax is almost as stupid as saying that it's a proven fact. There is no conclusive proof to either equation and that is the real problem at hand.

If I'm understanding the gist of Malkin's post correctly, I concur wholeheartedly with him. While I still think a "New World Order" is a ways off, it's not too far in the distance to where we can ignore it. It's imperative that the world as a whole depoliticize global sciences. Right now, we don't even know if our planet is heading towards any type of imminent climatic danger, simply because politicians across the globe are busy recruiting "yes-men" scientists to agree to their talking points. We as a race can't and shouldn't allow this. We need to make the scientific community completely bi-partisan. When there is a bias in science it no longer becomes science.

btw. I am not even breaching global warming. Forget that Venice is having its deepest tidal floods in history, forget that Tuvalu ( An entire nation of islands) has dissapeared under the pacific. Be ignorant of it, I dont care.

What I was saying is not even about the environment per-se. I was simply talking about resource management and how we have F***ed ourselves and are too arrogant to do any proper research. whatever we end up with is EXACTLY what we deserve.

ignorance or not. it will be tough, my advice, is get ready now or you will be BEGGING later.

lol! if people only knew what will be happening...

but you wont find out until it is waaay beyond too late.

arrogance kills every great empire. Just ask the Romans, or the Normans, or the Turks.

but we dont want to talk about history or fact or theory.

no we want to hyperfocus on a single issue within a dynamic universe swirling around us.

good luck understanding what will happen. New World Order is not even gonna work... we will run out of shit.

I am talking about how if we dont have a global mind change on the most profound levels

Urban Agriculture, Radiant Heating elements, Bio Fuels, Carbon Negative industries, a ban on linear production/manufacturing and much more. WITHIN THE NEXT 10 YEARS!

the environment will be the least of our worries.

The whole world will be starving. Fighting over scarcity, murdering for what little is left. If you dont want to do it for the environment, do it for your goddamn children's lives. So they dont grow up in a global Rwanda.

The CIA has leaked that in the next 20 years, grocery prices will double, manufacturing costs will double, strategic copper deposits will be depleted at current rate, Cobalt will skyrocket in price (Batteries, Hybrid technology) The current 60% of the world that lives in total poverty will rise to 75% of the WORLD! that is not good for us who live in relative luxury.

75% of the world will be dying of starvation and relying on NGOs and the WMF for aid. Working to make shirts we can no longer buy in bulk. Free market capitalism is a plane with no wings. We have literally F***ed a hole in the world. Our current economic structure has certain things called:

"Externalities" : Things that the world provides for free and are THEREFORE NOT INCLUDED IN THE ECONOMIC EQUATION! Clean Water, The Rain Forest etc. We have economists calculating the cost to suppliment those "Services" if they were ever depleted.

the yearly cost to deliver clean water at the rate of our glacial supply = $354 trillion a year. We are absolutely arrogant and clueless. Do you understand?

the CIA is saying this... Also Delta agents in Northern Iraq and Afganistan are speaking out against bush. And considering that in 2006, they had a location for EVERY Al Quaeda member in Northern Iraq and were one order away from killing each one in a single act, I do not admire mr Bush or his "Handler" Mr Cheney. There is a new CIA. And they wont let that happen again.

opinion

If I live in Iraq and pull out a gun and fight against someone coming in my house (americans), I am a terrorist. If I decide to get some friends together to bomb americans in Iraq, or other people...I am part of Al Quaeda.

The war on terror is a never ending battle and that is known, that is part of the plan as well. Because when you destabalize countries, they begin to kill eachother in the process,and then you have to "get control" of them, which will have us step in and "help". Also during this process we create fear and then we boost the shit out of our military spending. Have you seen the news posts about "a biological attack that will/can kill millions with most likely happen before 2013".

Well let me tell you it will happen. Bio-logical weapons are introduced to a population not by large devistating explosions that cause billions of dollars in damage and years of reconstruction....but by the air, physical contact, or ingestion from foods, drinks, etc. (sure by bombs as well)

A country wiped out by a massive bio-logical attack can be re-established in as little as 5 years, which will re-distribute populations, and will bring growth to that country as well.

As bad as it sounds, just as the economy rised and tanked, so does the need for population to do the same. People are merely ants in the large scheme of things, and if you aren't supporting the growth of the ant hill, you are doing the opposite. (taking resources without providing resources) The population cannot continue to just rise and rise, thats why we die, thats why we have cancer, aids, mental disorders, violence, and more to come.

Technology is advancing at a more and more rapid pace which has its goods and bads. We are just now seeing some of the technology that has really been around for decades, which is slowly released to the "public" at the rate that we can handle it, as well as it be controlled.

Not to ramble on any more, but we need to focus on water. We will need to learn more about controlling the weather, and making ocean water ingestible. (this WILL happen, WILL..) Food will have more and more to do with science than it does with nature in the coming decades. I heard about some asian country removing the gene in corn? that makes it not live in cold weather, so that they can manipulate it to thrive in all seasons. This will occur more and more with many things, and even at the rate that things grow and the amount of fruit they produce.

Science is awesome, but it is also the most scariest thing we will ever know.

But with all this, there is no need to fear. You would be totally different in your thoughts about life if you did not feel pain, nor have emotions.

Just imagine reality without those two things. (pain/emotions)

Don't fear life, and don't fear death. Just sit back and watch the game playout, but assistance in the growth of the planet does come back to you.

/opinon

PS...DJ started this thread...it was bound to fail hardcore

Edited by vandium

Van, wise words!

I see you know what you are talking about too. ;)

We just need some more intelligence in the CIA (in the government in general), and less ego and arrogance as you said.

I tend to sound more negative, but I just think they are realites that are better to be faced and understood before we are thrust into them.

We are (our generation) in for some hard times with as you said, poverty, hunger, etc. But overall, it has to work out, its not about us as individuals (although our egos think me me me) its about the whole and about the future.

I blame tv, and girls for EVERYTHING!