Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Vanilla TF2 Servers!

ThePuma

Can we please drop the RTD (RollTheDice) from some if not ALL of our TF2 Servers, It ruins the games balance and it's not fun to just randomly die because someone got toxic weapons or godmode. I would probably play on our server if they weren't equiped with these mods.

We don't even have just a stock/vanilla server, which is just ridiculous in my opinion. I just want to play a fair game of TF2, The way it was meant to be played! We are multi-gaming community but yet the only community we have is a CSS one. We have all of these TF2 Servers with these horrible mods that I rarely see anyone play in.

Even if you didn't eliminate the mods from every server, You can still have like 3 or 4 that are just stock maps with vanilla settings.

Also a 24/7 Arena Rotation Server | No Crits would be nice:cheesy:

Edited by ThePuma

• 2 weeks later...

I think this thread deserves a bit more attention. Except, instead of removing RTD from the servers, create some Vanilla servers. There are no vanilla servers [That I could find] on TF2 that are located in the US. By creating a North America vanilla server, it will guarantee that people will play on it.

The only problem would be people discovering it. So, what we could do, is hold an event that will have people play on the server, and hopefully that'll give it enough attention to have other player discover it.

I would gladly play on a Hellsgamers vanilla server :)

Edit: I forgot to include that it would be amazing if the server was a rotation server :)

Edited by Enjuaguese

Oh_look__it_s_THIS_thread_again.jpg

sucks at tf2...

ANYWHO

Since we do have a lot more TF2 servers, I haven't seen or herd this one in a while. Dirty will look into it more when he is done getting hammered on 7gram rocks

The problem that most people have i that we already have too many tf2 servers. Dont get me wrong, I love tf2, but I have never seen every server full; the only ones that are populated constantly are hoodoo and dustbowl. I mean, do wee really need a 2fort and a 2fort/turbine? and no arena servers? We need to take a server we already have and reformat it to minecraft; most of us are sick of having mass lag from a server IN BERLIN, while all tf2 servers are in the usa. This is just ridiculous. And I have never seen more than 2 people in the surf/jump maps. I speak for all of us that we need a meeting to dedicate some servers to vanilla and one to the minecraft folk.

what maps does that server cycle through?

[spoiler=All Stock / Default]cp_gravelpit

cp_dustbowl

cp_granary

cp_well

ctf_2fort

tc_hydro

ctf_well

cp_badlands

pl_goldrush

cp_fastlane

ctf_turbine

pl_badwater

cp_steel

cp_egypt_final

cp_junction_final

plr_pipeline

pl_hoodoo_final

koth_sawmill

koth_nucleus

koth_viaduct

ctf_sawmill

cp_yukon_final

koth_harvest_final

ctf_doublecross

cp_gorge

cp_freight_final1

pl_upward

plr_hightower

pl_thundermountain

cp_coldfront

cp_mountainlab

cp_degrootkeep

cp_5gorge

pl_frontier_final

plr_nightfall_final

koth_lakeside_final

koth_badlands

can you take any of the surf/jump maps out of that rotation. i practically never see people on those

Where do you see them??

I know that we can spare 1 SERVER for minecraft. I am sick and tired of the bitching about lag.

so you're talking about a 247 minecraft map?

dirty, i dont know all the maps on that rotation, i didnt know if any of them where surf or jump maps, but i know that hg has some, so i figured they might be in there, if they arent then just discard my post with my apologies

YAY for a Vanilla server!

PRETTY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do you know how to change the MOTD that's a advertisement that comes with spyware? Maybe put the MOTD back to the forums. Its just a notepad with the website address on it in the FTP...lol.

YAY for a Vanilla server!

PRETTY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do you know how to change the MOTD that's a advertisement that comes with spyware? Maybe put the MOTD back to the forums. Its just a notepad with the website address on it in the FTP...lol.

No..

Not at all, I mean that it is used for minecraft, rather than tf2. NOT to be used for the minecra styled map for tf2 gameplay

This is the Team Fortress 2 forum there is no reason to complain about the minecraft server in here when we have a prefectly good MINECRAFT FORUM for that.

• 4 weeks later...

I admit that I've been bad about contributing (moving on/content forthcoming)...

We don't have a minecraft server yet? I'd consider playing if HG had a dedicated server. As far as TF2 goes, I don't know all of the servers we have, but even when I applied, I was told that TF2 isn't even the most played game by HG members. I mostly play Granary, which is almost always full of bots. I find RTD a fun little addition (except when I'm frozen or I blow up, but them's the breaks).

Maybe it might be worth looking into?

edit: ok, we have a minecraft server. I'm going to lurk more before i say more stupid stuff.

Edited by Spuchuu
I posted while misinformed.