Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

MOTD

Mrs. Useless

The MOTD that is showing up every time you join a server has got to be removed. The advertisement is spyware and downloads some dumb video and music crap and it goes on and on for like 120 secs in the game. I will have to reformat as it is, but thats just ridiculous having to make sure you dont accidentally click the MOTD when joining a server. I have never had to becareful like that on any other server.

Put the MOTD back to the forums or the main page please. Or have someone that knows how to make MOTD's make a new one for ya.

Thanks.

What makes you think its Spyware? Our MOTD's will never be a reason to reformat..

What makes you think its not spyware? LOL The MOTD does not even have the clan name HG or rules on there. Its just some advertisement. After I left the server last night I checked my IE folder and it was totally full with crap. I make sure to manually clear the cookies and temporary internet files every time I am done using IE and my computer is acting up more like doubleclick spyware makes it act up.

Also I didnt say I would have to reformat because of the MOTD...I said "I will have to reformat as it is, but...."

Maybe I will have to stop playing on the normal HG game servers.

This thread is bananas.

happy-banana.jpg

Maybe I will have to stop playing on the normal HG game servers.

Maybe HG put the ad on there for ..well ..A SPONSOR? There are some people who do that.

If you must stop playing on our servers because of something silly like an ad, then so be it. But Homer (the owner of HG) just told you it isn't spyware. Trust or don't trust ..that is the question.

If you leaving, see ya. If not ..well ..see ya cause I don't game with you o.O

Nonetheless, It pisses off a ton of people. I watch people laugh at us, calling us 'Desperate' because no other server EVER have I seen a Motd add

lol desperate with 909 Members and some of the most popular servers..

Nonetheless, It pisses off a ton of people. I watch people laugh at us, calling us 'Desperate' because no other server EVER have I seen a Motd add

I'm fine with it, personally. As long as I can stop it (and it won't interrupt me during game play), I don't see the problem. Earns the HG staff some revenue which can be used to improve the servers or support themselves.

I'm fine with it, personally. As long as I can stop it (and it won't interrupt me during game play), I don't see the problem. Earns the HG staff some revenue which can be used to improve the servers or support themselves.

I sing when it comes on.

Not my words, I hear them from others

Sorry, I have not been back to the forums recently to check on my thread, but I can see I shouldn't have bothered when all I came back to were rude and flippant replies from admins/council/staff/members.

Does HG even care about their servers or anyone's playing experience, or is your group only about acting like children towards someone that is trying to HELP the server? Seriously?

If you leaving, see ya. If not ..well ..see ya cause I don't game with you o.O

How is this considered helpful?

lol desperate with 909 Members and some of the most popular servers..

I know you all are trying to defend your clan and that is commendable, but I was trying to help out. and frankly your servers are not as popular in TF2 as you think. Otherwise I would have known about the HG clan in 2007 when I started playing TF2 and heck or even back in 2002 when I started playing Steam games. And also, having floating bots in your current player slots dont count as players.

You know, I would honestly prefer not to have ads forced on me if I want to play in your servers, or have to "mute the sound", but I guess it comes down to personal choice and I do understand now that clearly HG is desperate. Maybe desperately in need of some adult supervision from the look of these responses. I am really sorry to see most of this going on here.

I guess what I expecting was to be told that the ads have to stay to get the many servers we have cheaper, or that someone may look into it. I didn't expect the "if you don't like it, don't play there" attitude since I never once said I was actually going stop playing over this. I just said 'maybe'.

Just type motd again in game and it stops playing.

We wouldn't advertise spyware/malware.

Also, clearly bad mouthing our community because you don't like the way our server is run is highly immature yourself, yet you call us the immature ones.

Yes, maybe you are trying to help, but it is not your server to run, everyone involved in making the servers work properly work very hard.

And we are not in the least bit desperate, we have over what is it, 900 members I think? With active roster cleanups so we don't have floating inactives, our gaming servers have been popular since they were first introduced back in 2002.

When you act rude and annoying, you expect to be treated in return with kindness? Okay

children, please. instead of pointless personal attacks, lets try and keep this civil. the point of this thread was to call attention to the fact that the MOTD is annoying (it is), but nobody has answered that, except to say it doesn't bother them

the second reason was to state that he had to reformat his computer after playing on the HG server, i personally think it was a separate issue that caused the problems, but that's just me, it has been stated that it is just a video, and i think that it is, because it hasnt caused any problems with my computer, as of yet.

the point of this thread was not to get petty and start sniping at each other. so if you have something worthwhile to add, please say so, if you just want to snipe at each other, go play on an empty server as snipers, :)

The MOTD ads play once you enter the server anyway (for me, at least) and finishes in like 30 seconds :P. Can't be helped since we need those ads to help keep the servers up...

and how can you not like that Bing ad? I sing along with it every time I hear it

YEEAAAH YEAHEAHEAHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. bing.