Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Computers

widdizzles

case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233&Tpk=haf%20912

$60

cpu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115211

ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231308

card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130568

hdd: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136544&cm_re=Western_Digital_WD_Caviar_Black-_-22-136-544-_-Product

ps: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005

heatsink

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835203002

dvd http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135204

sorry for the shitty format. im in the middle of changing outlets around the house lol. EVerything should be compatible. I do suggest upgrading to the HAF932 case if you can spare the few extra bucks. It makes everything a lot easier considering how big it is. Also I didnt know if you needed a sound card.

Why do you guys bother with th ei7's when the new i5 2500k sandybridge is just as good and cheaper?!? Jeez people...

I'll build you one as well.

Case

COOLER MASTER Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

$89.99

Video Card

XFX HD-685X-ZNFC Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

$166.99

Power Supply

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V

$89.99

Memory

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066

$79.99

Motherboard

ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

$219.99

Processor

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core

$224.99

CPU Cooler

CORSAIR CWCH60 Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

$72.99

Total: $944.93

Now this is a little on the pricey side because of the motherboard, I added one, when he didn't. The SandyBridge is cheaper and is designed for gaming. Therefore it runs games smoother, also did I mention people are able to OC it to 4.5ghz using just air cooling? ;)

I provided you with a Radeon instead of a Geforce because it's cheaper than the 460, and runs just as well. Combined with the SandyBridge at 4.0ghz, your computer will be amazing.

I didn't add any peripherals because I figured you could take them out of your old computer and put them in your new one. If you don't want to mess with water cooling your CPU then I can provide you with the cooler I currently use. I Oc my cpu and use air and my idle temps are around 23ish, load is around 35ish.

I just don't think that Intel cooler is going to work efficiently, I can see a lot of heating issues from that, lol.

Note: The Mobo is made for gamers, so it's made for people who like to overclock everything they have, hence the heat sinks all over the board.

Edited by Theminatar

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused now which one, is a better at running games like GTA and battlefield and call of duty.

Also don't I have to buy a windows program like windows 7?

Yes..... an operating system is kind of a requirement. Dude seriously, how do you not know this?

Which operating system is better? Windows 7 is the shit. You still didn't answer my question how you don't know this stuff. You're 15 and I built my first computer by doing, wait for it........RESEARCH when I was probably 13.

Which operating system is better? Windows 7 is the shit. You still didn't answer my question how you don't know this stuff. You're 15 and I built my first computer by doing, wait for it........RESEARCH when I was probably 13.

Hey may be coming off as a dick. But he's right, researching is the best way to learn. That's what I did. Building a computer is really easy, it's literally snapping in everything to your mobo and plugging it into your psu, turning it on, put an OS on it, and BAM done.

Hey may be coming off as a dick. But he's right, researching is the best way to learn. That's what I did. Building a computer is really easy, it's literally snapping in everything to your mobo and plugging it into your psu, turning it on, put an OS on it, and BAM done.

Tough love ;)

Obviously windows 7 is beast, yes i'm not a dumbass. I know this stuff, but when it comes to building it I don't know. Now answer my question.

Bud, I've already given you the tool you need to find the best equipment for the best value out there. All the components that you need have been posted in this thread.

Listen to my advice, and go to Newegg and read the reviews posted by people who actually bought and use the parts.

Unless someone here has just bought a computer within a month, they are going to do the same thing to get you a list because there is always something newer and better coming out when it comes to computer electronics. Don't be lazy.

Unless someone here has just bought a computer within a month, they are going to do the same thing to get you a list because there is always something newer and better coming out when it comes to computer electronics. Don't be lazy.

Speaking of which, the Geforce 600 series will be released early 2012. Guess who's getting one?

<-------------THIS GUY!

Also, Win7 isn't beast.

Ubuntu is beast... Derp

Yeh, it is beast you have no idea what your talking about, before my laptop broke I was using windows 7, before that I used windows vista. Windows vista sucks ass end of story. Windows 7 has a better interface, and overall a better layout. On top of that it's sooo much faster

Yeh, it is beast you have no idea what your talking about, before my laptop broke I was using windows 7, before that I used windows vista. Windows vista sucks ass end of story. Windows 7 has a better interface, and overall a better layout. On top of that it's sooo much faster

Obviously Vista sucks, nobody here said otherwise.

Thats the link to part 2. I looked up on his channel & related videos couldn't find part 1.

/facepalm

Do you ever do anything for yourself? Lol I found it in the related videos, you just need to scroll down a bit. You could even copy the title and paste it into the search box and change the part 2 to a part 1....

/facepalm

Do you ever do anything for yourself? Lol I found it in the related videos, you just need to scroll down a bit. You could even copy the title and paste it into the search box and change the part 2 to a part 1....

I know, that's what I did. Just let it go bro, staff deleted our posts for a reason. Let's take the hint.

/facepalm

/retard I said I don't see it do you underr standdddd. Do I have to sound it out for you? Lets take a look at some Screen Shots. hmm? Oh, and before you post next time you might want to consider the fact that your not at my computer so you don't see what the hell i'm seeing.

retard_1.jpg

Holy shit not part one wouldn't you think it would be under part2 hmm?

retard_2.jpg

Wow No related video that says part for how to build a computer. I wounder why I posted that I couldn't find it.

Edited by widdizzles

/retard It wasn't uploaded yet apparently it didn't render.

That video was uploaded May 13th so I'm not quite getting where you're coming from on that comment.

I'm going to politely ask you to refrain from calling people retards in a thread where you are seeking help. There is a lot I want to say to you right now, but I am biting my tongue for the sake of the community. We do not need members bickering like this with each other. Treat others how you wish to be treated.

That video was uploaded May 13th so I'm not quite getting where you're coming from on that comment.

I'm going to politely ask you to refrain from calling people retards in a thread where you are seeking help. There is a lot I want to say to you right now, but I am biting my tongue for the sake of the community. We do not need members bickering like this with each other. Treat others how you wish to be treated.

Ok, so first of all the quote at the end was quite the way I was hoping this would would go, and believe me, I respect you. I don't respect the theminator though, I don't have respect for people who think they are above everyone else especially people who think I can't do shit for myself, I obviously attempted to find the video he just didn't take the effort to ask what I was seeing. Take a look at the screen shots I edited the post above. Also the language wasn't directed towards you.

Ok, so first of all the quote at the end was quite the way I was hoping this would would go, and believe me, I respect you. I don't respect the theminator though, I don't have respect for people who think they are above everyone else especially people who think I can't do shit for myself, I obviously attempted to find the video he just didn't take the effort to ask what I was seeing. Take a look at the screen shots I edited the post above. Also the language wasn't directed towards you.

I know it wasn't directed at me dude, but if you didn't notice, Staff has already deleted several posts in this thread from all three of us so let's all just take a deep breath, relax, and be civil here.

Just as a tip, what I did for that video since it had part 2 in the description was just search the exact same title and substitute part 2 with part 1 and it popped right up.