Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

***Recruiting Drive***

UrShulgi

Here's the deal kids...we've got more TF2 servers out there than pretty much any other community, but the size of the TF2 division is tiny! This has become my personal project. We need to fill our ranks with skilled players from our servers. If you're playing in our servers and see a person that doesn't have a clan tag on and is pretty good, bring up that we are recruiting, talk about the community some, etc. Don't beg, our community has enough to offer that it's not needed, just put it out there that we are recruiting currently and you have noticed they are a good player. Ask them to the website, tell them about the application section, and let the rest handle itself. If someone you recommend does get accepted, please inform them of the tag for their name, our TS info, etc.

Bottom line, we need to grow the TF2 division and make it rival the CS:S division. Your help would be appreciated.

Here's the deal kids...we've got more TF2 servers out there than pretty much any other community, but the size of the TF2 division is tiny! This has become my personal project. We need to fill our ranks with skilled players from our servers. If you're playing in our servers and see a person that doesn't have a clan tag on and is pretty good, bring up that we are recruiting, talk about the community some, etc. Don't beg, our community has enough to offer that it's not needed, just put it out there that we are recruiting currently and you have noticed they are a good player. Ask them to the website, tell them about the application section, and let the rest handle itself. If someone you recommend does get accepted, please inform them of the tag for their name, our TS info, etc.

Bottom line, we need to grow the TF2 division and make it rival the CS:S division. Your help would be appreciated.

I play TF2 from time to time, i'll get the word out for ya Ur'Shulgi :)

i suggest that Members make a bind that advertises. put this in console.
bind "desired key" "say Want to join Hellsgamers? Goto Hellsgamers.com/join"

That's stupid, the servers already do it and I'm pretty sure we had a rule about spamming binds to recruit.

I actually just updated adverts for TF2 servers, before it only had website mentions, but none about recruiting. I am against spamming though, it seems like desperation. It's updated in the adverts so it will spam once out of every 5 spams or so that we are recruiting for all of October. Otherwise just target specific players and talk to them individually if they are skillful.

I meant about adverting in our own servers for ourselves, by ourselves

that's fine, just don't be harrassing user's that play on our server's to join HG, like Ur'Shugli said; if you see someone highly skilled, ask them, "hey we are actively recruiting for tf2 and clan wide would you be interested?" give that a shot.

I actually just updated adverts for TF2 servers, before it only had website mentions, but none about recruiting. I am against spamming though, it seems like desperation. It's updated in the adverts so it will spam once out of every 5 spams or so that we are recruiting for all of October. Otherwise just target specific players and talk to them individually if they are skillful.

The colour tags have failed in our Halloween server with the advert messages, not sure about the other servers though:

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

some are complete nubs, who heal spies only

that's fine, just don't be harrassing user's that play on our server's to join HG, like Ur'Shugli said; if you see someone highly skilled, ask them, "hey we are actively recruiting for tf2 and clan wide would you be interested?" give that a shot.

Exactly what I meant in hte first place