Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Officers in pepper spray incident placed on leave (AP)

Ron Burgundy

I'm glad that all of you commenting on how the police should have acted/ should have done/ need to do/ or whatever were there or have any law enforcement training at all.

Shit is fucked up in this country, I am the first to admit. But instead of sitting in a fucking circle, chanting, singing songs, smoking dope or whatever the fuck, go out and quit bitching and instead of DEMANDING change, BE change. Was pepperspray necessary, I have no fucking clue, I wasn't there, and chances are, you weren't either. So before you go pass judgement because "omg all cops are power hungry paramilitary asshole pricks who enforce the law as they see fit", remember, this isn't fucking mayberry anymore. The good old days of Andy Griffith walking around town unarmed have long passes. Chances are the criminal is better armed than the standard patrol officer is, so yea, we have to up the firepower. Don't like it, dont DEMAND change, do something about it. I walk around with a tactical vest and BDU pants, and am armed to the teeth. Don't like it? Get over it.

Oh and if any of you have anything to say about the way I enforce the law, grow some fucking balls and say it to my fucking face.

[/anger]

I'm glad that all of you commenting on how the police should have acted/ should have done/ need to do/ or whatever were there or have any law enforcement training at all.

Shit is fucked up in this country, I am the first to admit. But instead of sitting in a fucking circle, chanting, singing songs, smoking dope or whatever the fuck, go out and quit bitching and instead of DEMANDING change, BE change. Was pepperspray necessary, I have no fucking clue, I wasn't there, and chances are, you weren't either. So before you go pass judgement because "omg all cops are power hungry paramilitary asshole pricks who enforce the law as they see fit", remember, this isn't fucking mayberry anymore. The good old days of Andy Griffith walking around town unarmed have long passes. Chances are the criminal is better armed than the standard patrol officer is, so yea, we have to up the firepower. Don't like it, dont DEMAND change, do something about it. I walk around with a tactical vest and BDU pants, and am armed to the teeth. Don't like it? Get over it.

Oh and if any of you have anything to say about the way I enforce the law, grow some fucking balls and say it to my fucking face.

[/anger]

You didn't start with a [anger] tag.

[/anger]

It is never necessary to pepper spray unarmed, nonviolent people. You don't have to be there to understand that.

And yes, *being* the change you want to see is important, but change must also be demanded. Especially in this lazy, apathetic culture. However, you clearly don't understand the issue if you propose that as a solution...

[/anger]

That'a boy.

Really Jella? As i said, you weren't there, neither was I . You don't know the circumstances just as I don't.

My solution is simply get off your ass and expecting other people to do shit for you and do something to change. My community is ridden with crime, and while I know I will never stop all of it, I went and did something and continue to do something to try and make my community better. What is wrong with volunteer work? Donating food? Working in a neighborhood that is run down to try and make it better. Instead of demanding that the government fix it now. I guarantee you half of these protesters would NEVER consider doing that.

But if anyone thinks they can do better than what the officers did, please, go apply for your local police department so you can "do better".

It is never necessary to pepper spray unarmed, nonviolent people. You don't have to be there to understand that.

And yes, *being* the change you want to see is important, but change must also be demanded. Especially in this lazy, apathetic culture. However, you clearly don't understand the issue if you propose that as a solution...

First of all, you will probably never understand anything about what level of force is necessary for a given situation that a police officer may encounter.

What would you prefer they do Jella? Ask them to leave? Oh wait, they tried that and it didn't fucking work.

I'm not going to pretend I know the state/city laws where they are and I'm not going to sit here and armchair quarterback other officers, but the police informed them that they were in violation of the law and told them they needed to leave. At that point they became non-compliant.

If you would please direct your attention to this use of force continuum can you tell me what comes after telling someone what to do?

force.gif

Ask --> Tell --> Make

Seems to me like these officers followed that model.

Oh, and by the way, if they are so "non-violent", then why have these been being passed around:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/alleged-flyer-at-occupy-phoenix-ponders-when-should-you-shoot-a-cop/

...not to mention when the protesters engage the cops. I guess we should let them, and everyone else for that matter beat the shit out of us and possibly kill us. As long as you can protest, right?

Oh, and by the way, if they are so "non-violent", then why have these been being passed around:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/alleged-flyer-at-occupy-phoenix-ponders-when-should-you-shoot-a-cop/

...not to mention when the protesters engage the cops. I guess we should let them, and everyone else for that matter beat the shit out of us and possibly kill us. As long as you can protest, right?

Sounds like a bunch of upstanding individuals.

Does everyone here want to know why the police are this way when dealing with large crowds? I'll tell you. These "peaceful" crowds can turn into a fucking mob in the blink of an eye. And if you don't bump up the level of force, then it can become extremely dangerous for the officers. Most people by themselves can be pretty reasonable and calm, but you throw them in an angry mob, and they follow the mob. It's human nature.

"People like that?" What exactly do you mean by that comment? People that are non-compliant after an officer has given them an order to move so they aren't blocking the sidewalk to traffic?

Everyone that screams, "oh man those cops are such assholes for doing xxxxx." Guess what, the "victim" always has the option to avoid it. You say asshole cops, I say asshole protestors. Don't block the damn sidewalk. The only thing about this story that appalls me is the spineless president of this university.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Blocking the sidewalk for traffic...walk around them? OH SHIT ITS GRASS DONT LET IT TOUCH YOU!

Tell me the relevance of that flyer to the incident this post is about and I'll answer your question. Obviously there are assholes out there who ruin peaceful protests for the rest of us, just like there are asshole cops who think they are above the law since they enforce it.

Does everyone here want to know why the police are this way when dealing with large crowds? I'll tell you. These "peaceful" crowds can turn into a fucking mob in the blink of an eye. And if you don't bump up the level of force, then it can become extremely dangerous for the officers. Most people by themselves can be pretty reasonable and calm, but you throw them in an angry mob, and they follow the mob. It's human nature.

Yes, that is the nature of large crowds, but these protests have largely remained nonviolent and the one this thread discusses was also nonviolent.

And if your flowchart tells you to pepper spray people sitting on a ground, not touching anyone, not shooting anyone, only refusing to stand up? Get a new flow chart. This article reflects my feelings on apparent police procedure in regards to this kind of incident.

If pepper-spraying protesters for curling up into balls is "fairly standard police procedure," then it's time to change the procedure. Beating and pepper-spraying the crap out of nonviolent protesters protects no one and only corrodes the relationship between the police and the public

Wrong. The right to protest exists in law UP TO THE POINT that it causes a notable disturbance in non-protesting civilians' daily lives. Them being on the sidewalk PER WRITTEN LAW is a violation of what they are allowed to do as protestors. Pepper spray is pepper spray. You act like they're the soldiers who kicked dogs across the river or they were being water-boarded to tell where the next protest would be. People protest KNOWING the consequences they will face. The fact that this is being blown up on the news is just another consequence of the mass media era. The more things you know, the more things you look for whether or not they're actually there.

You want to protest a problem you see in government/economy? Be my guest. But if I'm walking down the sidewalk and you're sitting in front of me holding a sign that says "Occupy Sidewalk," know that my foot is most likely about to occupy your mouth.

Really Jella? As i said, you weren't there, neither was I . You don't know the circumstances just as I don't.

My solution is simply get off your ass and expecting other people to do shit for you and do something to change. My community is ridden with crime, and while I know I will never stop all of it, I went and did something and continue to do something to try and make my community better. What is wrong with volunteer work? Donating food? Working in a neighborhood that is run down to try and make it better. Instead of demanding that the government fix it now. I guarantee you half of these protesters would NEVER consider doing that.

But if anyone thinks they can do better than what the officers did, please, go apply for your local police department so you can "do better".

It's hard to do that when there is no leadership to this movement, its a conglomerate. I think people are a bit scared to take initiative because history has shown that those who lead movements like this usually wind up dead.

Sounds like a bunch of upstanding individuals.

Thats funny you say that because so far most cases of violence have been cop sided. If you weren't aware a veteran was shot in the head at an extremely close range with a tear gas canister (fracturing his skull and sending him to to the hospital) and was then HIT WITH A FLASH GRENADE when people tried to pick him up.

[video=youtube;OZLyUK0t0vQ]

I guess thats justifiable that man was clearly a threat to all those officers in the CRITICAL condition he was in.

also

Copies of the “informational” letter were apparently left on a table with other documents to “educate” protesters at Occupy Phoenix.
I'm not a conspiracist but that sounds pretty dumb that even if such things existed, they would just be "sitting" on a table to be found and posted on the media. Edited by Weeman

Thats funny you say that because so far most cases of violence have been cop sided. If you weren't aware a veteran was shot in the head at an extremely close range with a tear gas canister (fracturing his skull and sending him to to the hospital) and was then HIT WITH A FLASH GRENADE when people tried to pick him up.

[video=youtube;OZLyUK0t0vQ]

I guess thats justifiable that man was clearly a threat to all those officers in the CRITICAL condition he was in.

also I'm not a conspiracist but that sounds pretty dumb that even if such things existed, they would just be "sitting" on a table to be found and posted on the media.

Good job, bitch-made, fuck-boy cops on a power trip. Sorry this is the first time you were allowed to use the weapons you were given.

Oh God why was this thread unlocked? I'm done with this thread too. It should've stayed the way it was yesterday ending on Laz's post. I'm all for debate, but I'm not going to sit here and argue aimlessly back and forth. Respectfully, you have your point of view and we have ours and that is not going to change.

Now then........

e31ac17d_DIAMONDS.jpeg