Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

CS:GO Jailbreak?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any body here anything about bhopping being available?

What would the awesome rebabblers do without it? No BHOP = No HG CS:GO JB. But I for one would definitely +1 this, all it is is more equipment, better graphics. Who would want the CS:S Drugs and Gangs mod work want to go to waste?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Like said in an earlier post, Having jailbreak on a newer game like this will feel....odd. CS:S is an aged game, having come out in 2004. CS:S has a rugged look to it. Then there's CS:GO. CS:GO is cleaner and newer than CS:S, obviously. What with a slightly modified engine to make the game force you to aim, it just wouldn't feel right. Honestly, I don't think it's such a good idea.

I would let us play CS:GO for a couple months or when everyone is used to the game then make a custom HG map. But the only downside is well a lot of people get CS:GO or stick with CS:S. But a CS:GO jailbreak server would be awesome as jailbreak does attract a lot of members t us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At first thought, this seems like a good idea. However, if you really think about it - CS:GO jailbreak would probably do more harm than good.

Reasoning for the above conclusion?

When CS:GO releases, a lot of people are going to get consumed with all the "new game hype" that happens on every good game's initial few weeks of release. If Jailbreak gets released for CS:GO while all this hype is being spread around, it could hurt the CS:S jailbreak's server population because everyone will be trying out CS:GO's version of jailbreak.

However, I think people will soon realize that jailbreak is something that just fits CS:S and doesn't really work for any other game. But by that time, the jailbreak community will already be split up and the damage will have been done.

mmK? See what I'm sayin? -1

CS:GO Jb is gonna be like playing jailbreak on call of duty. Its not going to work at all. People shouldnt worry as much because CS:S is not going to die. CS:GO is going to be for the losers who like stuff like call of duty. Even to this day CS 1.6 gets more players then CS:S everyday. If anything their should be a jb in GMOD. That would be kinda cool

+1, obviously. As a CS:GO Beta-Tester, I really do think that Jailbreak will perfectly sync with CS:GO's current mechanics. As soon as my good friends at Valve sent me a copy (and a spare key) and I had installed it and was playing, I had instant flashbacks to playing JB on CS:S. I can't wait to see what comes out of this and now that the SDK is released, that excitement just keeps on rising.