Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Official Premium/Gungame Bug Thread

Bonbon

I have a slight suggestion. I would suggest having you respawn faster. Waiting like 2-3 seconds to respawn seems pretty lengthy to me, but that's just my opinion:p

Changed from 2.0 to 1.5. I personally don't like instant respawn, or I would have gone lower. But if anyone else feels it should be different, speak up.

Not really a bug more of an annoyance/weird thing.

When a match/gungame is in progress, and someone joins half way or 2/3 of the way through, they are automatically bumped up to a certain gun. I'm not sure how this is calculated, but it should set to where after x many levels, the new player will receive the gun of the current lowest level player with some math added in for those people who just absolutely suck or those who are amazing.

Also, when a new player does join, and they are given a certain level, there kill count goes up to whatever that level needs. This should be changed. Add some kind of cvar to where you can set the level of a player so players arent given an incredibly kdr.

An example of both complaints/suggestion/whatever:

I joined a gungame in progress and was given level 27, so my score was automatcially 27-0, I also was not far behind the leader (maybe like 8-10 levels), and I proceeded on to actually win this gungame match because I was given such a high level.

Side note:

If players are given 1 throwing knife, then it should be a 1 shot kill. The max # of throwing knives should only be 1. It is very difficult to get a kill with a throwing knife and that 1 shot kill is rewarded for that good shot. In my opinion, I think throwing knives should not co-exist with !buylevel, if someone is having trouble knifing someone at lvl 24? whatever the knife level is, let them buy the level instead of throwing a knife at them. A throwing knife, to me, is like just saying, "here is a free ticket to get off the knife level".

Handicap is calculated as the average level of all players minus 3. Changed it so the max level that handicap can give is 25, as opposed to no restriction. Also made it so that handicap is average of all players - 4.

I wouldn't want to hinder handicap anymore, though. If you managed to win after being set to level 27, when the lead was 10 levels ahead, then you are obviously a good player, and you probably would have won if you had joined the server on map start. So I don't really want to hinder the people that aren't really good players :P

And right now kills is set to just display a players level. I quite like it like this myself, so I can tell who's on what level. I don't know what you propose to do instead. Considering it is gungame, I don't pay much attention to KDR, rather level. So, I don't know what you're proposing, because I am STRONGLY against removing that "your level is displayed as your kills". But, I'm open to other suggestions.

I believe people would miss interpret the kills as someone is a hacker, rather than there actual level. If server was populated and I joined and was all of a sudden 27-0, people will think I am doing something suspicious. That's really all I'm getting at. The kill count can also display inaccurate level but very seldom. Someone gets knifed and they are set back a level while kills stay the same, or someone is stuck on grenade level and keeps killing people with glock. Nothing wrong really.

Is the adding of x amount of kills on join to server in middle of match going towards our stats for that server?

Edit:

got done playing some gungame, being knifed does not decrease kill count and glock kills do not count to kills either

Edited by F34rTheV3n0m

Glock kills are not supposed to count as a kill, as they do not give you a level. the "Kills" counter is not a kills counter at all, but a level counter. Although, the fact that if I knife player A who is at level 8, and their kill count is at 8 instead of 7, that is a glitch with the gungame mod we are using.

I guess the best I could do would be when a player joins the server, set their kills AND their deaths to be their level, if it's really that big of a deal...

Semtex grenades do not count towards getting a nade kill on nade level.

Edit:

Aren't semtex grenades suppose to instakill someone if you stick it to them?

Hmm... When did you notice this first happening? I've had semtx enabled since day one, and I've been able to advance the nade level with them.

And no, semtex grenades are supposed to stick to a player, and when they explode they will kill the player. They do not however explode on contact.

Bots hack. They always have. They always will, in fact, they literally are a hack ;) I'll play a few round again today though, and see if the difficulty needs to be turned down (off the top of my head I don't know what it's set at, actually)

Bomb, or bomb ZONE? Does this happen on all maps?

In my opinion, if bots are like that then leave them like that, because it's kinda stupid when to play with bot, they be too easy.

Bots are really glitchy on the map gg_tetris_v3. They walk backwards and stoof and are hard to kill when they fall into the pit when you're on knife level, although I was able to do it cos I'm a baws :)

But yeah very glitchy map for bots, haven't played with humans on it though :P

EDIT: like a baws

http://zhost.hellsgamers.com/u/sl/2012-05-22_00005.jpg

:D

Edited by Angel Descends

Ok, I have this bug about premium. So, I bought all the items from the store and equipped some.

Now, when I joined the server, it says that I have nothing that I bought from the store. Even though I still have my Cube Trail and yellow laser trail.

Now I have to buy it all again.

Yes, I know. Because premium is in a beta phase, anything is subject to change. I was doing some testing last night, and I had to actually delete everyone's items. But, the items are cheap and you have enough to rebuy them.

Sorry for any inconvenience, when you realize what I did it for you'll be like "worth it."