Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Official Premium/Gungame Bug Thread

Bonbon

Sorry, should have specified. The gungame server is not fully released yet, this was put here because I have been grabbing people to help me find bugs on the server. WERE JUST GETTING DIS SHEET READY.

But if you really want to play, the password is hgsupersecretpassword.

Keep in mind though, the server is NOT RELEASED yet. There's still 1 bug (probably more, really) that I have to fix, regarding your weapon will some times randomly disappear.

you can pick up and use other people nades that were dropped, if you bought the carry more than 1 nade admin thing, not sure if glitch or not, because you can use on other levels.

If you have multi-nade, you are supposed to be able to pick up more than one nade on the ground. However for gungame, multi-nade should be disabled. We have a cvar to turn off the nades item when gungame server is live. It is enabled right now for testing.

im not sure if this is a bug or not, but the bots are insanely accurate.

I just played 2 games and I barely won because of these bots. Also, I did not find any big bugs except for the fact that the bomb is in the middle of the map. I know it is suppose to be deathmatch type so I don't see why there is a bomb.

im not sure if this is a bug or not, but the bots are insanely accurate.

Bots hack. They always have. They always will, in fact, they literally are a hack ;) I'll play a few round again today though, and see if the difficulty needs to be turned down (off the top of my head I don't know what it's set at, actually)

I just played 2 games and I barely won because of these bots. Also, I did not find any big bugs except for the fact that the bomb is in the middle of the map. I know it is suppose to be deathmatch type so I don't see why there is a bomb.

Bomb, or bomb ZONE? Does this happen on all maps?

Bomb. If you go on T is in the middle of the map. No real access to it. I was messing around trying to find it and was unable. I believe it is on top of the sky barrier, if there is one in CS:S, or below the map. It causes no problem that is seen by me.

gg_lego_arena_x

You spawn under the map a couple times on the T side. But you are able to jump out of it.

EDIT:

One last thing is that on the two maps I played my dot on the minimap does not show everytime I spawn.

Edited by Dav3Schneider

Another suggestion is on large maps like gg_300 (I've only played twice) when your on knife maybe give that player a speed boost because I found myself not even getting within a close distance to a CT while trying to knife them. Also, i've been seeing the bots shooting straight when I spawn at me. So maybe enable spawn protection? (If you haven't already).

gg_lego_arena_x

You spawn under the map a couple times on the T side. But you are able to jump out of it.

EDIT:

One last thing is that on the two maps I played my dot on the minimap does not show everytime I spawn.

Does the glitch make the map unplayable? If so, it's easiest just to remove it, because that seems like a fucked up spawn point in the map.

As for the radar, the radar has always been glitchy, blame VALVe :P.

Another suggestion is on large maps like gg_300 (I've only played twice) when your on knife maybe give that player a speed boost because I found myself not even getting within a close distance to a CT while trying to knife them. Also, i've been seeing the bots shooting straight when I spawn at me. So maybe enable spawn protection? (If you haven't already).

I'll consider the "speed boost" thing, but it'd be really wierd for the smaller maps. If it becomes too much of a problem, it's easiest to just remove the map, as we have like 100.

And there should be spawn protection, I'll see about upping it if it's not enough.

And bots... Hopefully, when the server is released, we won't have the need for bots.

Does the glitch make the map unplayable? If so, it's easiest just to remove it, because that seems like a fucked up spawn point in the map.

As for the radar, the radar has always been glitchy, blame VALVe :P.

I'll consider the "speed boost" thing, but it'd be really wierd for the smaller maps. If it becomes too much of a problem, it's easiest to just remove the map, as we have like 100.

And there should be spawn protection, I'll see about upping it if it's not enough.

And bots... Hopefully, when the server is released, we won't have the need for bots.

The thing isn't bad for that map, I just spawned and noticed it and jumped. Nbd on that. I will blame valve though. :P

Also, for the spawn protection, it works pretty great, I have a hard time killing the bots in there spawn. I would only say make it a second or two longer. Or just keep it as is.

Fixed grenades not bouncing, as well as some other minor fixes.

As well, HOPEFULLY fixed the fact that weapons would randomly get removed, I can't say for sure though, we'll have to wait and see if it happens again. Please post here if it does, so I can investigate further.

I played 2 full games last night on 2 different maps, so I'm pretty sure this bug has nothing to do with the maps at all.

I was only playing with bots (no players but myself) and it seemed that when I leveled fast, like 3-4 or more really quick, the level up sound wouldn't play and in chat it didn't state what weapon I needed to get a kill with. Also about 3 times when I leveled out of the 2 games it wouldn't give me a new weapon, and I had to wait until I died to get it since you can't throw your weapons.

Also a few times out of both of the games when I spawned and there were a lot of guns on the ground, I would spawn with a gun where I spawned, not the gun that I needed to get a kill with. Maybe have guns disappear when you level? Cos on 1 map last night there were tonnes of guns on the ground, like at least 100 on the whole map, and it was a small map.

Other than the above, the server is AWESOME!!! Even with bots :D

Thanks for the report Angel, late last night/technically this morning, I fixed that "random weapons would go missing" bug, and an hour before the server went live I fixed the weapons wouldn't be removed.

As for the leveling up really fast, I'll have to get some bots and test this.

As you can see in the pictures below; I was on the second glock level, had $16000 and tried using !buylevel, but it said the game hadn't started. This did NOT occur in the next game, so I am unsure what caused it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MrTin/screenshot/560941285483841590?tab=public

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MrTin/screenshot/560941285483826994/?tab=public

not really a bug buy on gg_assault the map IMO is pretty bad. Its like giant, and i don't feel is suits gg very well. I prefer arena type maps that are balanced/symmetrical

I'll check that map out now and see if it's crap.

As you can see in the pictures below; I was on the second glock level, had $16000 and tried using !buylevel, but it said the game hadn't started. This did NOT occur in the next game, so I am unsure what caused it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MrTin/screenshot/560941285483841590?tab=public

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MrTin/screenshot/560941285483826994/?tab=public

Thanks, I just read up on alliedmodders about that issue and hopefully it will be fixed next map change.