Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Post Most Unclear Jailbreak Rules: Upcoming Survey #2

Angel

Post any unclear or misconstrued rules that you can think of.

They will be used in the next upcoming Jailbreak Survey, as the new Jailbreak MOTD is still in the works.

Example:

Unclear rule: Shooting T's in the Electric Chair

Your feelings: They're going to die anyway why does it matter whether or not we can shoot them?

Whoever contributes most valid problem or most common misconception will receive 10k points :)

The only reason people should be posting is if they have or know any unclear or misconstrued Jailbreak rules that you feel need to be looked over. This is not a thread for discussion so don't post your opinion on what others have posted.

Any other posts other than what is intended for this thread should only be made by leadership or myself.

Also, if you have already posted any unclear rules and you think of more, please edit your existing post and add them in. It will make sorting and reading them much easier.

Edited by Angel Descends

1. Can CT's look down vents in the beginning of the round?

My feelings: They have until the allocated time from the anti-camper to leave armory. Taking a 1-2 second peak down the vent isn't TECHNICALLY camping

2. On Cheese/Crackers day does lead HAVE to be in another area not facing T's to prevent bias? Same thing applies on knife arena laser jump game.

My feelings: There is a possibility lead could have bias towards a player; so to prevent favoritism/anti-favoritism i think its a good idea

3. Are being in areas such as S4S and Obstacle/Soccer considered camping if there is no lead.

My Feelings: I think it's only really camping if they are hiding in a corner or in vents or something similar where they are not easily visible

4. If there's always that 1 guy that complains about any music played just because; do they HAVE to stop playing? In a full jailbreak server there will always be atleast 1 person to complain about the music, so in reality NOTHING should be played.

My feelings: HLDJ is stupid and annoying but it's also annoying when theres that 1 guy that tells everyone to stop playing music because they can't play their own

5. Angel posted in another thread stating T's have 3 seconds to freeze once freeze orders are given.

my feelings: it definitely doesn't take 3 seconds to freeze. A player can get halfway across the map in that amount of time >_>.

that's all i have for now but will edit this post as I think of more

Edited by mccaincracker

new thought 6/23/2012 - when we're having a race @ race lanes and i say "when i say the word bananas you'll blah blah blah blah" and after im done explaining the race they ask for a repeat, if i fully repeat and then they go when i say "bananas" during the repeat do i kill them? or do i let them go? because if im obligated to repeat if they ask, but they're doing it to trick me/other leads what is one supposed to do?

unclear rule: knife arena vent camping

my feelings: Cts shoudnt be able to sit inside knife arena/s4s waiting for people to open the vents and just shoot them as they are coming up. i believe they should always be where the majority of the Ts are. (without proper cause of course)

can you gunplant guns with no ammo in them? (as long as its not bonbon's gun)

i see no harm in it other than the possibility of being sent to the e-chair.

try to trick some Ts as if it was a fake awp.

Edited by Boxer[I]

Can someone lead you if they can't see you?

Sometimes I know in the past people would be in obs/soccer/blue room and they would take lead and give you orders with out actually seeing you and recently I have seen a lot of this happening again.

Is Knifing really not considered being frozen?

I and most other people believe this to be true, but can this be technically be considered nitpicking being frozen, and whats to stop someone from shooting a person who is constantly changing weapons?

Is sitting in the new catwalk the entire round considered camping it?

There is always some CT sitting in the new extension of catwalk (or as i like to call it "the crack") and for the most part he/she doesn't leave that area the entire round even though they are moving around in that area can it be consider camping it?

Does Last Guard really have to let the Ts out of knife arena?

My feelings is that he doesn't but people usually start complaining about being stuck in there and I have seen admins use all chat to threaten slay for not letting them out before killing them. Whats the point i just have to open one door and then start shooting them as they come out

That is all, For now...

**EDIT**

If someone asks for a repeat(multiple times) and the warden doesn't repeat the orders, can he still be killed for disobeying orders?

Lets say he does repeat and the person still asks for one. Is it ok to shoot him then?

Edited by (Headband)(EG)

Can you promote fire ? When the lead is AFK, or someone you don't like, are you allowed to say fire him ?

My feeling: You can have your personal opinion of someone and therefor maybe even say you want him to be fired, as long as you don't spam over that same lead screaming ''FIRE HIM, FIRE'' or spamming the chat in the same matter. So, saying it once, in chat or when lead isn't talking doesn't hurt anybody, then again if you're promoting fire on every lead every round, please get kicked.

Can you kill people in electric chair ?

My feeling: No, CT's get rep out of the kills and while you may get teleported there using !pd, you always have a little bit of time to !buy a teleport back to a cell. If CT's camp the electric waiting for Ts to be teleported there and kill them, there will be no chance for T's to !buy their way to a cell.

Does red ALWAYS equal red ? Some CT's seem to think the MOTD is some sort of god who needs to be followed BY THE BOOK. So, we have seen some CT's kill T's for being red on pokemon or even 300 days, claiming they were red, therefor it wasn't a freekill. I think a limit needs to be set here, we use to not turn red back in the days and it wouldn't create all those problems back then. I think it's a good mechanic to find the rebellers, obviously, but it shoudn't be used as a INSTA kill the guy who's red. We see some guy sometimes start MASS freekilling in a stack, Ts rush him, kill him, and then freeze, the ones who are red are then killed. This makes no sense to me, so then again, when is red=dead, when CT's bait and get killed, if the T shows he was only killing the baiter, and then dropping the weapon for exemple, do we still kill him ?

My feeling: It should be the lead who puts his word on the matter, wether the person dies or not, if he allows him to live and this decision should be final. We see some lead say dont kill him the CT was baiting and some CT's kill him, claiming he was red, then again. So, when the reason why the person turned red is debatable, like for the exemples above, then it should be the leads decision. I think it would really remove a lot of the debate. I guess when there is NO lead, if you're red, run for your life.

Second of all, the ''baiting'' issue. When is baiting, baiting ? What is the distance ? To me it seems pretty obvious you need to stay as far as possible from the T's to avoid gun planting but some CT's seem to have eye problems and stick their noses up the T's ass. What I mean is, I can give a couple of examples where some people might consider it baiting and others might not.

My feeling : If a T is capable of killing you with his knife before you can kill him with your weapon, you're baiting. Putting your face against the T's celldoor when the doors arent opened...CT's do it EVERY round...It's baiting to me. When the doors open, T's will get out and you're going to be right there. I can remember so many times when I was T and some CT was camping in front of my cell or someones cell at the bottom and I jumped behind them and killed them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I just thought of one rule that hasn't been clarified anywhere. When you are doing an opinionated day, is anyone participating at your mercy right away ? Meaning you can kill them for any reason you want ? Ive seen a lot of leads kill people on joke days on the top of the big cage just because they talked, not even moved, when it wasn't their turn or something of the kind. Or read the guy's name and go, nah and kill him, without him even having a chance at doing the day.

My feeling: Everyone should be given a chance on an opinionated day. If you want to kill them, at least let them do a joke, for example, or sing, before you kill them. They're participating in your day to play it, not to be killed when you read their names on when they put their mic on.

My feeling : No and no. There is so much CT's do every round to make sure T's dont rebel and having people in first cell, 2 in that case, may change the tides of the round and may not. Camping or even just peaking is giving the Ts in first cell NO chance at rebelling. If you don't see them run inside the teleporter in the first cell, you shouldn't know they're in there and therefor not be peaking in it. Ct's will often peak, see a T, run after him saying they saw him run inside the vents....

Can CT's bait in certain occasions ? Some CT's, leads, like myself sometimes, will drop their weapons to join the T's in their day to be more entertaining and have more fun, it does lead to ''baiting'' and T's may decide to knife you, therefor getting themselves killed.

My feeling: You should be allowed to "bait" in certain occasions, when it's not a gunplant bait, dropping your weapons is essential and when it will add something to what you're currently doing. For exemple : I was doing a museum tourist guide day and was one of the tourist, asking T's to follow me around as we explored the map. I had them go in soccer if they wanted to participate to make sure no one would get killed and even dropped my weapons. Some people still complained it was baiting. I think in some cases it's just to have more fun and not in the intention of gunplanting or getting anyone killed. This will happen everytime CT's try to participate with the T's in what they do, which means often in some pretty fun days. Another exemple is when CT's do the obstacle course with the T's.

Can you make T's lose their knifes and kill them for not doing it ?

I think the answer here is no but a lot of people aren't sure about this.

My feeling : Only during an opinionated day, where you are given the choice to do it or not, should you be allowed to make T's lose their knifes. Otherwise, you shouldn't ever have T's drop their knifes or kill them for not dropping them. The knife is their only chance at rebelling, and the goal is to have T's do orders and if they want to try, they can rebel. If you remove their only chance at rebelling....you ruin the whole point of the game.

How long do you have to give a T to freeze before you can kill them when the previous lead dies and you take on ?

My feeling: No time can be given here, I think if people spam over you you should try to give a bit more time, on the other hand, if someone is rushing first cell, when you're telling them to freeze, the time should be way less. Its all circomstencial, if the T is just running around in the middle of the big cage and then freezes after 5 seconds, if you started shooting him and he froze, stop shooting. If hes going for a gun and when you tell him to freeze he runs until he hits the gun and then freezes, kill him. Same thing if he rushes first cell, thinking he can make it and he freezes when being shot by you, knowing he wont make it, in that case, just kill him imo.

Also, I think precisions need to be made on the time to comply to an order.

How long do you have until you can kill a T for "delaying" or not complying to order ?

I heard it was something like 5 seconds, and I'm thinking that's a bit the same concern has for the "freeze" when lead dies but I noticed this also applies for every order...I see CT's start giving orders, 2 seconds later kill the T's in their cells for not doing it.

My feeling : T's should always be given a maximum of time to do an order when they aren't in a position to rebel, for example in their cells, when they are closed, or when they are walking or crouching somewhere. When I lead, I never give cell orders, for that exact reason, I don't like to get the people who might be like on youtube or doing something else for a second while they were dead, killed. So, for cell orders, I would give at LEAST 5 seconds, but 10-15 seconds seems more appropriate to me, since the time in-cell is more a time to give orders without being spammed over or having to take care of the rebellers.

Otherwise, during normal orders, I would say 3-5 seconds to comply, when T's still have no real chance of rebelling...For example, they are at the bottom of the cells stairs : "go to the first pole of deagle cage"...Give them that 3-5 seconds at least, some don't hear or understand so well and they follow others, therfor it takes them a bit more time, since they have to follow others.

Again, like my previous concern about the new lead "freeze", I say 2-3 seconds MAX, because Ts understand they have to freeze but keep running to pick a weapon up or run in first cell and then you kill them and they complain you killed them.

So, conclusion, 10-15 seconds for CELL orders, 3-5 seconds for normal orders, 2-3 seconds for a "freeze" after new lead order.

Other concern, is the "what is delaying" ? And When are you allowed to kill for it ?

Some T's dont seem to understand the concept of delaying and CT's too lets say, so this is an unclear rule.

My feeling : Any T that is taking a path longer then original is delaying. This includes T's taking huge detours to like run towards a CT, screaming "bait", T's jumping continuously, not bhoping, because "he never said no jumping". If you jump and it slows you down, taking you twice as much time to get to the destination, it's delaying. If you are called to go on the big cage while at the bottom of cell stairs and you go all the way to the left, instead of to the right, thats detouring.

So, here again, we need some precisions for people, defining "detouring and delaying". Any of these 2 are implied in every order so it should be in the MOTD saying : "Taking any route that will alter and take more time to reach your destination is detouring, and delaying, and any action that you take that also slows you down from doing the orders is delaying."

Something I really see often as well, Freeze Nazis. Can we please put a bit of precision on the rule "do not be a freeze nazi"...

When T's are asked to freeze, what "movement" will get them killed and what won't ?

My feeling: Any T clearly just moving because his finger slipped on his mouse or slighty moving, shouldn't ever be killed while freeze orders are active. Also, I have my jump bind, like a LOT of other people, on my mouse, and it happens my finger slips on it, and I jump. I know it's my problem but also, if you see someone on deagle cage jump, once, clearly just finger slipped, don't kill him ? If you see someone move his head 1/5 of a turn...Dont kill him ? I see so many CT's say : FREEZE ON THE DEAGLE CAGE. A T moves his head like a 1/5 of a turn, BOOM kill them, he moved... So, IMO, what should be in the MOTD regarding the "freeze nazi". Any movement that is accidental and doesn't go against the current active orders, ( meaning if they were asked to face deagle and he moves his face, then facing S4S, he can be killed), shouldn't be punished by death.

''Mass killing'', how many T's can you kill at once until it is considered mass killing ? There is a rule about ''no mass killing t's'', but I see some people kill 15 during trivia, in lower VIP air bubble, no fuck is given, even if admins are on, someone kills 11 in front of the big cage, where we can visually see there are a lot, he gets T-listed.

My feeling: We need a number attached to that rule, my opinion : 11+ Terrorists killed for 1 order is mass killing of T's, meaning 10 and under is fine. If there are 60 people in the server and you want to do your trivia, well too bad.

Also, attached a bit to that rule is the responsibility of the lead during HIS day. I see this TOO many times. For example : We're playing last reaction first reaction, the lead says ''first reaction jump'', 3 guys jump, lead says ''kill everyone who jumped''. Those 3 guys get killed, none by the lead because he wasn't able to. The people who killed the last 2 and not only the first one are sanctioned, the lead says : I DIDN'T KILL ANYONE !!...

My feeling: CT's should obviously be attentive at all times to the game and what's going on. If you know as a CT the rules, you know you're not suppose to kill more then 1 so you don't do what lead says in that matter. BUT, the lead is AS responsible of the actions of his CT's if he asked them to as them. So, he should be slayed too.

I'd even go further then that and say if ANY lead say's a miss leading order, OBVIOUSLY because he isn't aware of the rules at all, or his order may get people freekilled, he should be slayed. For example : ''CT's kill all who jumped'' even if no CT does it, because they are intelligent, slay the lead, he obviously isn't aware of the rules and shouldn't lead. This is the same for any other order like ''all ts to go armory and then come out''....That makes them automatically rebel and people who know the rules will have to kill them...Same for ''kill all the red ones'' after a Pokemon day or 300....Anything of the kind who shows obviously that the lead is a derp, should get him slayed, even if what he says isn't done. BUT this excludes the lead who just trip in their words and say something miss leading, and then catch themselves by repeating the right order, EXAMPLE : Face shot for shot on the deagle cage, after ''they should be facing shot for shot,,ehh I mean deagle cage''. This is just because that person might be tired or again, just said the wrong thing. And if this leads to someone getting freekilled because he was looking at the S4S, then lead should slay himself.

So, conclusion : Any order given by a lead that leads to freekilling should get him slayed, along with the derp CT's who did it. For leads who give a wrong order, that might get people freekilled, but repeat the right order a second after, they shouldn't be slain, unless during that second some people got freekilled due to their misleading order.

That's it, I think I reviewed almost all unclear rule, if not, I'll be back.

Edited by Monorailcat

There are really only two rules I think that need to be enforced strictly.

1. Going in the Vents. Period. Definitely going in the vents at round start should be forbidden (Even though there is most likely a T camping there waiting for the CTs to leave.). I see it as camping and giving the Ts an unfair advantage. They should only go down there IF THEY SEE A REBELING T GO INTO THE VENTS or if THE LEAD SAYS ONE ARMORY.

2. Making Ts lose their knives in Soccer, 300, etc... I see a lot of CT leads say "I want you to get into soccer and lose your knives. I mean really whats the harm? Baiters gonna bait and thats there fault. Second, half the time I can't even lose my knife because there are freaking 20 some ts (or more) running in their. It gives some Ts no chance at all to lose their knives and gets them killed. Its stupid.

Hope this might help you guys at the MOTD meeting.

1. Can CT's look down vents in the beginning of the round?

My feelings: They have until the allocated time from the anti-camper to leave armory. Taking a 1-2 second peak down the vent isn't TECHNICALLY camping

Bort and I discussed this earlier, and we came to the conclusion that just looking down the vents on your way out is NOT camping. If you're there for more than like 3 seconds then hell yeah, you're camping. Otherwise, they shouldn't be punished. And in the next map, it's back to normal anyways. so this should only be a temporary thing.

3. Are being in areas such as S4S and Obstacle/Soccer considered camping if there is no lead.

My Feelings: I think it's only really camping if they are hiding in a corner or in vents or something similar where they are not easily visible

I've always gone by "If you can't see any Ts, and you're not actively moving about the map. Guess what! You're camping."

4. If there's always that 1 guy that complains about any music played just because; do they HAVE to stop playing? In a full jailbreak server there will always be atleast 1 person to complain about the music, so in reality NOTHING should be played.

My feelings: HLDJ is stupid and annoying but it's also annoying when theres that 1 guy that tells everyone to stop playing music because they can't play their own

99% of the time HLDJ is spam. I refuse to let people spam HLDJ when other people want it off. It's obnoxious and in most cases, uneeded.

5. Angel posted in another thread stating T's have 3 seconds to freeze once freeze orders are given.

my feelings: it definitely doesn't take 3 seconds to freeze. A player can get halfway across the map in that amount of time >_>.

how 'bout 1.7293 seconds to freeze? JK, Idk, whatever seems "fair". If you think about it, theres at most 200 ms delay for the lead talking to send his voice, and at most 200 ms delay

for a t to recieve it. and the average human reaction time is about 150-300 ms, we should be giving no more than 0.7 seconds!

But... Jailbreakers aren't average...

There are really only two rules I think that need to be enforced strictly.

1. Going in the Vents. Period. Definitely going in the vents at round start should be forbidden (Even though there is most likely a T camping there waiting for the CTs to leave.). I see it as camping and giving the Ts an unfair advantage. They should only go down there IF THEY SEE A REBELING T GO INTO THE VENTS or if THE LEAD SAYS ONE ARMORY.

2. Making Ts lose their knives in Soccer, 300, etc... I see a lot of CT leads say "I want you to get into soccer and lose your knives. I mean really whats the harm? Baiters gonna bait and thats there fault. Second, half the time I can't even lose my knife because there are freaking 20 some ts (or more) running in their. It gives some Ts no chance at all to lose their knives and gets them killed. Its stupid.

Hope this might help you guys at the MOTD meeting.

Oh, also, there is already the rule "You can NOT kill a T for having a knife".

So, if someone does, if you are admin slay -> teamlock -> tlist, otherwise let an admin know, and if that admin disagrees with you, post a report.

The only reason people should be posting is if they have or know any unclear or misconstrued Jailbreak rules that you feel need to be looked over. This is not a thread for discussion so don't post your opinion on what others have posted.

Any other posts other than what is intended for this thread should only be made by leadership or myself.

Also, if you have already posted any unclear rules and you think of more, please edit your existing post and add them in. It will make sorting and reading them much easier.

Unclear rule: Can lead say to kill a certain ct/t? ( For No reason of course).

My feelings: I seen a bit of this and say its really unfair but I dont know if the lead can do that or no

Unclear rule: Can you give hugging orders?

My feelings: I dont know about this one at all i seen especially 1 lead but thats like asking for freekills.

Unclear rule: Repeating orders

My feelings: Lead needs to repeat orders at least twice because some people can't hear or the lead is unclear.

Edited by TheNoob

Unclear rule: Can any CT open cells at any time? (not in MOTD)

My feelings: As long as T's were told to freeze already, it's fine with me..

Unclear rule: Under terrorists, this may get you killed: •holding a gun for longer than 3 seconds, or shooting at a CT

My feelings: Had an incident recently where a ct was slayed for killing a T shooting at him, yet Reddevil (someone asked him) said he has to be red to be killed, it seems stupid that they would have to be red.

Edited by mccaincracker

The ele chair rule is a bit confusing.

I almost had a member attempt to do a abuse report on me for slaying him, because he killed someone in ele chair with his gun. Can someone please clearify this? Because it is at a stalemate point which we are both correct and i have the gun and he doesnt. ( i dont want to kick him for disrespect, and i dont want him to file an abuse report which can be assulted by a diffrent hg admin and assume that i freeslayed (techinally he is right))

delete this if someone already posted this one, im not reading everyone's posts though

Unclear rule: having to see ts to lead them

Your feelings: reddevil told me they have to but i think hes lying :3. jk. I've never actually seen anyone post in the forums on it, and I don't really have an opinion one way or the other.

• 2 weeks later...

Can the cts have a rule that they can't open kitchen door now? I feel like it's camping if they open it like they do.

I got shot for shooting at Laz. I was on obs and shot at him but didnt hit him or turn red. He replied to me: "Like I'm not going to shoot you for shooting at me." And then he promptly blew me away. I don't fault him at all. I think if the t is shooting at you, you should shoot him.

Edited by mccaincracker

1. Can the t's not do the order if they are inside their cells.

EG. Lead says crouch to the bottom of cell stairs. Can the t run inside his cell then start crouching at the door?

2. Mass killing of the t's because someone won.

EG. Lead types a question and the t answers it. The prize was pick an LR partner and then all other t's are killed. ( Lets say 15 of them are still alive.)

Edit: Repeat Orders.

EG. I heard from someone ( I don't remeber who) that if someone asked for a repeat the lead HAS to repeat AND the ct's can't kill anyone because they didn't hear. Now the problem is, fishing out the trolls just yelling out repeat when they know what to do.

Edited by EchoSniper

1. infirm camping

pretty sure you CANT camp anywhere at all but im seeing fags camping the infirm telespot with a knife and knifing t's that teli in.

2. knifing t's (when its NOT a warday/designated day/ lr / last ct)

i used to do this a while back but then told it was wrong.. but ive seen plenty of other people still doing this (admins too) and nothing being done about it? soo...

• Like 1

I must say by far the most confusing is the rules dealing with the new teleport, namely pertaining to kitchen and infirm.

edit: Also it seems recently that there have been a lot of rules posted in the forums, but they are spread between multiple threads some of which aren't on the front page of this subforum. It would be nice if there was some sort of collection of rules and guidelines decreed in different threads into one thread so we can just look at the updates.

Edited by -Broken-

1. Can the t's not do the order if they are inside their cells.

EG. Lead says crouch to the bottom of cell stairs. Can the t run inside his cell then start crouching at the door?

2. Mass killing of the t's because someone won.

EG. Lead types a question and the t answers it. The prize was pick an LR partner and then all other t's are killed. ( Lets say 15 of them are still alive.)

1. It used to be a rule a year ago. It is no longer a rule. JJK has already said "If someone tells you to crouch somewhere, you best fucking crouch"

2. That has been against the MOTD for years "no mass killings"

1. infirm camping

pretty sure you CANT camp anywhere at all but im seeing fags camping the infirm telespot with a knife and knifing t's that teli in.

2. knifing t's (when its NOT a warday/designated day/ lr / last ct)

i used to do this a while back but then told it was wrong.. but ive seen plenty of other people still doing this (admins too) and nothing being done about it? soo...

Camping is camping. If you can't see the Ts, you're camping.

2. JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE DOES IT, DOESN'T MEAN IT'S NOT AGAINST THE RULES. People freekill all the time, even admins, and it doesn't make it not against the rules. Unless there is a game, such as pokemon or 300, a CT should NEVER knife a t. It is baiting, and if an admin does it record demo, post report.

I actually thought of this one today because it is something that has been happening more and more recently. Lets say it is a 300 day and the vents are open. Is it vent camping for the CTs to go down into the knife arena vents to cut off any Ts that would happen to go down into the vent?

• 2 months later...

Okay idk if this one has been addressed but some people are claming if you get to the area where the lead says to go by running even if he said crouched there you cant be killed cause your already there. For example cells open and lead says crouch walk to bottom of cell stairs and a T runs there but isn't shot, can we kill him or no; because i'v seen an admin t-list a ct for killing someone who ran to the bottom of cell stairs and got there when the order was clearly crouch walk. (he says you can't kill once there there). thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

If you see a terrorist going to s4s(rebeling) can you assume they go into armory and then you go armory without penalty?

For Opinionated days I see a guy who kills big sign-standing terrorist before lead does. Is that a freekill? Just witnessed that today.

If a lead is dead and then you take cover by hiding but NOT standing in one spot camping, is that camping?