Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Day Z Discussion

JehovahBeginsWith I

DayZ is a mod that is becoming very well known very fast. Maybe we should start getting groups of people to work together in a server? If you're interested, post on this thread please.

Day Z-http://www.dayzmod.com/

Install Guide(Bob the Andriod Penguin)-https://hellsgamers.com/threads/70673-Day-Z-Basic-Install-Customization-Guide

Maybe we should start getting groups of people to work together in a server?

If your ever looking to group up with people, the DayZ channel in teamspeak is a good place to ask. Even if no one is active initially, just idle while your playing and someone will hop in.

Personally, I prefer grouping with people that know how to take care of themselves. However, I don't mind grouping with other people as long as I am not too far away from them.

Ive become totally decked out on gear in this game. I have almost all the best stuff. But if your just learning to play, im sorry i will refuse to play with you. If your new, PLEASE play for like 3 days and learn how to watch your back, deal with zombies, use your inventory and learn to navigate yourself inland etc. Pretty much learn how to survive on your own.

This game has a huge learning curve.

On a side note i have been looking for people who want to play tactically or at least want to do things the right way. (which may include crawling for 15 mins just to not aggro etc.

And yes you can install arma 2 free with OA and just get steam overlay to work. If you need help ask me in ts. Ill idle in the dayz channel, poke me and I will try to help you.

This game has it's ups and downs however. I had an M4A1 SD, night vision, Suppressed MP5, rangefinder, GPS, Map, and all that other good stuff. I ended up spawning in the debug forest, and was immediately killed. I play tactically whenever I am on it, because it's just the smart thing to do. I believe you need to have a group 4-12 in order to achieve things such as getting a helicopter.

if your just learning to play, im sorry i will refuse to play with you. If your new, PLEASE play for like 3 days and learn how to watch your back, deal with zombies, use your inventory and learn to navigate yourself inland etc. Pretty much learn how to survive on your own.

This game has a huge learning curve.

New players make excellent meat shields though. :devil: More for them to shoot at = higher chance of escape when shtf

I watched totalbiscuit play it with one of the Devs. Personally, im impressed by it, it is a game mode that I have been looking to play for some time, Kind of has that MMO feel / zombie thing going on, as well as fellow people trying to kill you as well. I feel this mod will do quite well.

I cant believe you actually said you refuse to help people. Glad there are less people like you in HG, seriously everyone is new to a game at one point.

If anyone needs help feel free to PM me. Ill help you the best I can, that is of course if im on and not raiding.

Hes not refusing to help people, he just wants someone that is somewhat self sufficient with him. I would be the same way if I had all the gear he had. The chances of losing gear due to someone agroing a horde of zombies is huge, let alone a bandit.

I don't think it's right to generalize a person, based on their actions in a game. Plus he stated that all he wanted was if people were to group up with him, that they be able to survive on their own, and know simple mechanics of the game. I doubt he's a bad person, he just wants to play with people that already know the basics. :)