Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Are Bronies Changing the Definition of Masculinity? PBS Idea Channel

n4ef35229a449e.jpg

The "average brony"

bronies.jpeg

Been looking for this picture all day

I always ROFL when I see those, mainly the first one lmao.

But seriously... I'm kinda lost for words.. there's nothing masculine.. about bringing this shit up all the freaking time..

This seems akin to the let's provoke thought in a good way, but people personalise their beliefs into it.

There's nothing wrong with belief that bronies are not masculine nor the belief that they are.

Masculinity varies by culture and evolves over time. Bronies get hated on because partially of their over vocalness to tell people about it (or having an avatar with a pony) and as well of the counter-intuitive nature of the notion current 'masculinity' (at least for older males)

We work on the notion of what 'masculinity' is based on the stereotype of what we believe what a 'man' should be. Problem is, all we can do is find an 'average' via what we see daily and what we believe (or are told).

Although the likelihood of a change in the notion of what masculine to the brony type, it is possible there will be shift in mindset of what 'masculine' is. Look at the 'metrosexuals', they aren't the stereotypical macho men, yet they are not judged as non-masculine. Interestingly enough their sexuality can be questioned (depending on what you believe), but still they're amles)

Regardless, I disagree with bronies taking over identity of 'masculinity'.