Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Google Chrome vs Mozilla Firefox

Fallen

iPhone, Android.

Windows, OSx.

Chrome, Firefox.

Yams, sweet potatoes.

Who the fuck cares, use/eat what you prefer.

On topic, I use Firefox but that's because I've used it for probably seven years, way before chrome was out so I never really transisted.

Strange though, considering Google is my favorite company.

Greasemonkey scripts, yo! Most of it is there, in some kind of capacity.

Chrome, interestingly enough, naively supports greasemonkey scripts. Not to mention, last I heard, Google's sandbox has yet to be beaten yet. Many haven't even attempted to crack it :/ So security wise you could argue point goes to chrome. In terms of how people value adblock I think your missing the point, most of the content you get from sites is free for you to consume without directly giving any compensation to the site itself. If you actually enjoy the site you should be watching their ads and clicking links that interest you to ensure the site has the capacity to maintain its freedom (FYI: adblock doesn't trick the ad companies into thinking that you viewed the ad when you didn't).

But yes, my money (metaphorically) is with chrome.

Chrome, interestingly enough, naively supports greasemonkey scripts. Not to mention, last I heard, Google's sandbox has yet to be beaten yet. Many haven't even attempted to crack it :/ So security wise you could argue point goes to chrome. In terms of how people value adblock I think your missing the point, most of the content you get from sites is free for you to consume without directly giving any compensation to the site itself. If you actually enjoy the site you should be watching their ads and clicking links that interest you to ensure the site has the capacity to maintain its freedom (FYI: adblock doesn't trick the ad companies into thinking that you viewed the ad when you didn't).

But yes, my money (metaphorically) is with chrome.

nope, Chrome was first to fall Pwn2Own

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/pwn2own-2012-google-chrome-browser-sandbox-first-to-fall/10588

:(

Even as he basked in the glory of defeating the highly touted Chrome sandbox, Bekrar was very complimentary of the work done by Google’s security team to add anti-exploit mechanisms into the browser.

“The Chrome sandbox is the most secure sandbox out there. It’s not an easy task to create a full exploit to bypass all the protections in the sandbox.   I can say that Chrome is one of the most secure browsers available.”

Still a valid point.

Even as he basked in the glory of defeating the highly touted Chrome  sandbox, Bekrar was very complimentary of the work done by Google’s  security team to add anti-exploit mechanisms into the browser.

“The Chrome sandbox is the most secure sandbox out there. It’s not an  easy task to create a full exploit to bypass all the protections in the  sandbox.   I can say that Chrome is one of the most secure browsers  available.”

Still a valid point.

I merely was invalidating your statement of 'chrome sandbox has yet to be cracked'.

IE9 *hides to avoid getting attacked*

...because of the mimimalist design and footprint, (the way Chrome puts it's tabs at the very top of the window pisses me off) and the IE9 Jumplist (ie Win7 taskbar right-click menu) is more useful than the others.

Also, I've been put off by how often Firefox has been tweaking their UI... I'm not a fan of "oh, we got rid of that button and didn't tell you", or "this feature is gone".

Chrome, because it has a pretty icon.

This.

I used to use Firefox, but then it suddenly went from version 5.5 or something to like version 2342349.45345.634534 and I didn't like some of the changes. Some things about Chrome piss me off too, like the way they hide the http:// from the address bar. I mean like wtf is up with that.

But I changed to Chrome mainly because it handles dozens of tabs better than Firefox, and Chrome's developer tools are better.

Though on my computer, I have installed: IE7, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Opera Next. And I use them all too.

I would prefer firefox if the UI wasn't so blocky and the adblock worked properly on twitch (Chrome's does). They both have decent add-ons that are fairly easy to figure out.

I also used Opera for a while (:3 Issac), but then it started derping on me so I moved back to Chrome.

ITT: Google Fanboys, Ahri players, Trolls, Sweet Potatoes (yams are fuckin gross)