Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[SPEECH] I've come far...

GUNGNIR43

After a year of waiting, I got an opportunity. An opportunity to help people worldwide. That opportunity was the HeLLsGamers PERP Moderator Applications.

Ever since I was little, I've always wanted to help people. I watch as fireman and paramedics save lives, policemen fight crime, and the armed forces protect our country. So many souls dedicate their lives to helping the lives of others, and I planned on doing the same.

While video games aren't necessities, many people care about the little things. For some, Facebook IS their life, and Steam IS their toy store, and phones ARE their mouth: we can do so many things online that we could do in reality with ease. The later years of the 20th century ushered in a new age of communication, commerce, entertainment, everything. And while some people rely and depend on their Facebook/Twitter accounts or their video games, those people rely on others to keep things running.

Have you ever seen a stereotypical teenager/adult fussing over a car, or a phone, or a gaming console? I have, and I'm not just talking about myself. As said before, the 21st century is starting to relax on technology, and with that comes high maintenance to ensure that technology never fails, drops calls, or gets DDOS'd. Imagine what would happen if all the phones in the world were gone in a flash. How would we communicate? The days of the Pony Express are gone, and without phones, communication with those far away would become difficult.

Anyway, I'm getting at the point that people on the internet need help. Trolling is bullying: kids cry for an adult, but who do they trust? Hacking is robbing a bank: you're defenseless against a well armed criminal, who's going to stop them when he holds the gun? Everyone will cry for help but sometimes that yelling falls on deaf ears.

I've been playing with these great guys and gals in HeLLsGamers ever since May of 2011 and I have savored and enjoyed every minute. Computer gaming has given me something fun and exciting to do in my countless hours of spare time. My only problems were with the rule-breakers. I play games for fun, and I always wonder why people try to ruin it? Be it RDM, getting trolled, teamkilling, etc, there are just stupid people out there with no objective in life but to make other lives miserable. Why do they do this?: The answer varies. Maybe their life is bad and they need to vent anger. Maybe they lost money, and resort to robbing PayPals to account for their loss. Who knows? The world is full of criminals, and something needs to be done.

I joined HeLLsGamers as an ambitious recruit with the dream of being able to help people by stopping "cyber-crime". I figured that a large community of gamers is bound to be facing problems. Sadly, my guess was correct. So many days... So many days on PERP while OOC is spammed with "Admin to me!" and "Ban this RDMer!", but who can help? Many of the admins are dealing with problems of their own and living their life. When people want to have fun, they can't, and end up quitting the game in sadness that they can't relax during their busy life.

Soon, I rose to member and had my chance at becoming a Moderator. After a year of watching bad things happen, I can finally do something about it. The staff at HeLLsGamers have given me and a few others an opportunity to help set things right, and you can count on me to do my part. Who knows? I may one day be Divisional Council. For now, I remain humble at the seat I'm in and patiently await that day.

Thank you all once more.

Ever vigilant,

-[HG] Snuffles, PERP Moderator

EDIT: Thanks to all the comments. Appreciate it. :)

Edited by Snuffles