Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Serious politicial debate thread

JJK

I lost all my faith in the US government when people actually thought about voting for Mit Romney and how Michelle Bauchman thought clinton is a spy for the muslim brotherhood.

EDIT: Michelle Bauchman being a idiot loser http://www.thedailydolt.com/2012/10/02/michele-bachmann-makes-surprise-visit-to-synagogue-for-yom-kippur-congregants-walk-out-and-donate-to-her-opponent/

For all my HG friends, I come to ask you to take a serious look at Gary Johnson for president. I am a disenfranchised republican who was a state delegate for Dr. Ron Paul in Colorado. He is no longer running, and I find myself supporting Gary Johnson for this election, and I refuse to tow the party line. GJ's platform includes ending the war on drugs, auditing the federal reserve, and introducing a fair tax system. Please take at look at his website which contains more information on his platform. +++ did not add his website, google it for yourself +++

For all my HG friends, I come to ask you to take a serious look at Gary Johnson for president. I am a disenfranchised republican who was a state delegate for Dr. Ron Paul in Colorado. He is no longer running, and I find myself supporting Gary Johnson for this election, and I refuse to tow the party line. GJ's platform includes ending the war on drugs, auditing the federal reserve, and introducing a fair tax system. Please take at look at his website which contains more information on his platform. +++ did not add his website, google it for yourself +++

I can see why you would want to vote for him, I personally don't support most of his policies, but he is a decent guy for not attacking Obama over birth certificates and such, but I don't believe that voting for him is a good idea, although if you would have voted for Romney, then go ahead, otherwise, it takes away votes from people who can actually win. Now to ramble, I seriously don't see how wealthy people can bitch about taxes. I've never had an issue with my taxes, and I pay just as much as any other top-bracket person, and I'm not exactly the richest person in my bracket. If I can pay my taxes and still do all the shit I do, so can they. I've got a good compromise for them, how about they get tax breaks for not outsourcing American jobs. Oh wait, thats what Mitt Romney is all about, thats what he did at Bain Capital. Voting for Romney is a vote for outsourcing America.

A vote for Obama or Romney is a vote for detaining Americans, and killing them with disregard to the bill of rights, no due process.

Americans like Anwar Al-Awlaki? They took away other people's right to live, and they don't deserve a trial. Sorry to break the news ASCII, but the CIA has been in the business of killing Americans for a very long time and with reason too. Covert affairs has been here for a while, and it isn't going anywhere. When those people join Al-Queda, they sign away every right they have, they go to war against the nation, and soldiers don't get trials. Oh and you are right, the tax system is unfair, they need to raise taxes on the top bracket.

The courts work, we tried over 300 terrorists in court. To say its ok that the CIA kills and disobeys the constitution does not make any sense to anyone who respects the rule of law. I was referring to Abdel-Rahman Anwar al-Awlaki, the son of the guy accused of being a terrorist. He was born in Denver, and was only 16. FYI Anwar al-Awlaki dined at the Pentagon after 911, why did we not arrest him then? proof http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/10/21/national/main6978200.shtml Why wait and do 2 seperate drone strikes to kill these American citizens when they could have been arrested here. We need to shake up these government branches and have them respect the oath of office,and to uphold the constitution.

The courts work, we tried over 300 terrorists in court. To say its ok that the CIA kills and disobeys the constitution does not make any sense to anyone who respects the rule of law. I was referring to Abdel-Rahman Anwar al-Awlaki, the son of the guy accused of being a terrorist. He was born in Denver, and was only 16. FYI Anwar al-Awlaki dined at the Pentagon after 911, why did we not arrest him then? proof http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/10/21/national/main6978200.shtml Why wait and do 2 seperate drone strikes to kill these American citizens when they could have been arrested here. We need to shake up these government branches and have them respect the oath of office,and to uphold the constitution.

Anwar Al-Awlaki wasn't part of Al-Queda back then. I think he became an active member around 2003. Drone attacks actually ensure justice while keeping our troops safe. Do you want our troops to risk their lives trying to find these cold-blooded killers when a guy with a remote control can wipe them out in a second? Do you also think that we should have captured Osama Bin Laden instead of killing him?

HG needs to start a political section, and allow political debating only there. The BMW forum I'm a member of, Bimmerfest does this, and it works quite well, and the discussion doesn't spill out into other threads.

I mean...HG is a gaming community, we've seen how bad of a turn things can take when we discuss serious topics on these forums... I don't think so.