Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

OFFICIAL Election Poll Thread, ALL MAJOR PARTIES INCLUDED

60Seconds

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am a Constitutionalist. Took a polsci class last semester and my professor was a man of the constitution and showed how every branch of government now does things that they are not supposed to do especially the executive branch.

Can go on forever and laz can do a witty response and billy can share his opinion :P

Anyways in the 2008 presidential election almost 125 million voters went to the ballots (57%). Two years later in the mid term election, only 90 million voters went to the ballots(38%).

People need to understand the only way to get things changed for your state/hometown/family is to go and vote during the mid term elections. Sure the president is important, but he is not the one representing you.

If your mad that the feds are regulating how much water your getting (huge issue in central cali), then go and vote the person who is limiting your water out of office. If gun control is an issue in your city then vote your rep out and make a change. These things have major effects on the economy.

Things for you, your family and communities can all be better if you vote every two years...not once every four.

I am a Constitutionalist. Took a polsci class last semester and my professor was a man of the constitution and showed how every branch of government now does things that they are not supposed to do especially the executive branch.

Can go on forever and laz can do a witty response and billy can share his opinion :P

Anyways in the 2008 presidential election almost 125 million voters went to the ballots (57%). Two years later in the mid term election, only 90 million voters went to the ballots(38%).

People need to understand the only way to get things changed for your state/hometown/family is to go and vote during the mid term elections. Sure the president is important, but he is not the one representing you.

If your mad that the feds are regulating how much water your getting (huge issue in central cali), then go and vote the person who is limiting your water out of office. If gun control is an issue in your city then vote your rep out and make a change. These things have major effects on the economy.

Things for you, your family and communities can all be better if you vote every two years...not once every four.

I took a political science class, please listen to my opinion.

I find it funny that Romney said in the debate that he would not approve any tax cuts that would increase the deficit, but is still promising to cut taxes for the upper class. He doesn't seem to understand that cutting taxes for the upper class WILL increase the deficit, so there is no way that he could do both things.

He doesn't seem to understand that cutting taxes for the upper class WILL increase the deficit, so there is no way that he could do both things.

1. He's changed his position on upper-class taxes. He's no longer promising cuts and is now promising instead reduced subsidies and breaks for upper-class businessmen and their businesses.

2. You can do both at the same time. Lowering taxes does not automatically mean you begin to draw a deficit. It simply means you have to either make revenue elsewhere or cut expenditures. He suggested both during the debate.

3. I just needed a 3rd point because Romney talks in 3s. #JesusTalk

1. He's changed his position on upper-class taxes. He's no longer promising cuts and is now promising instead reduced subsidies and breaks for upper-class businessmen and their businesses.

2. You can do both at the same time. Lowering taxes does not automatically mean you begin to draw a deficit. It simply means you have to either make revenue elsewhere or cut expenditures. He suggested both during the debate.

So he is going to not cut taxes on the upper class, give them less money in subsidies, AND reduce the number of tax breaks on them?

I think that unless you cut something big (like half of Medicare/aid) its going to be hard to make revenue elsewhere without increasing taxes. And no one will support cutting a huge chunk out of Medicare/aid because old people are a huge majority of the Republican vote.

Except that he won't specify what cuts, mainly because there aren't enough that he can cut to reduce the deficit. He wants to cut taxes for wealthy people and reduce the deficit by taking away welfare from poor people.