Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

OFFICIAL Election Poll Thread, ALL MAJOR PARTIES INCLUDED

60Seconds

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We need to stop hiring defense contractors whom we pay huge amounts of money and instead use our soldiers who are just as smart and bright.

You do realize that would put a ton more people unemployed and therefore worsen the economy? Also there's more than one type of military contractor, one that provides a product and one that provides a service; both are really needed such as products can include bullets to tanks to aircraft, while services could include buildings, stores and schools. And the people that make the products or provide the service have a lot of training in that area, such as carpenters in usa can go to another country as a defenese contractors and create a school, do you think the average grunt knows how to just make a building?

You do realize that would put a ton more people unemployed and therefore worsen the economy? Also there's more than one type of military contractor, one that provides a product and one that provides a service; both are really needed such as products can include bullets to tanks to aircraft, while services could include buildings, stores and schools. And the people that make the products or provide the service have a lot of training in that area, such as carpenters in usa can go to another country as a defenese contractors and create a school, do you think the average grunt knows how to just make a building?

I have Minecraft experience with building.

I think Billy, is referring to the engineers in the military when he talks about our own guys.

I was referring to companies like Blackwater.

[snip]do you think the average grunt knows how to just make a building?

There are actually MOSes for that...

On the plus side, since everyone has been scared about the military budget, I've had zero problems working with a few of the big names. They want to continue to be employed, and we don't want to have to go find replacements for their stuff.

I was referring to companies like Blackwater.

okay? link

There are actually MOSes for that...

On the plus side, since everyone has been scared about the military budget, I've had zero problems working with a few of the big names. They want to continue to be employed, and we don't want to have to go find replacements for their stuff.

I don't think there is a MOS for building. But, I think the military definitely needs some cutbacks in certain areas, the military is pretty wasteful.

Edited by Cookie

Blackwater is also the group that takes the blame for killing a bunch of innocent civilians. That's not a name you wan't to use to reinforce any argument in a positive matter.

Their contractors also get paid like 200k to show up on an aircraft carrier, look at a motor and say "Yea it's broken you gotta buy another one from us" which then gets charged to the tax payers anyway.

thisthread_th.jpg

1317612162485.jpg

I don't think there is a MOS for building. But, I think the military definitely needs some cutbacks in certain areas, the military is pretty wasteful.

I know for a fact that Wingless is right. He is a primary source to the max.

If you think that you'll be fucked if Obama wins, you are getting anally raped if Romney wins.

I don't think you understand what will happen to businesses in America if Obama wins. People don't want to invest there money with start ups because they don't trust Obama. If Obama wins our economy will be down the shitter. It's hard to imagine it worse but it will be.

I don't think you understand what will happen to businesses in America if Obama wins. People don't want to invest there money with start ups because they don't trust Obama. If Obama wins our economy will be down the shitter. It's hard to imagine it worse but it will be.

I happen to own a big part of one business and around 1/8th of another and the first one (Real Estate Development), we did terrible under the last years of Bush, the real estate market was in the crapper, we're doing much better under Obama, the second business isn't doing too bad either, and its an exotic car dealership, so from first hand experience and observations, rich people are doing fine. Our economy has been doing much better since Obama stepped in. I don't know if you've read this yet, but yesterday, the CEO of a big Florida real estate company threatened to fire his employees if Obama won again. All at the same time while building the largest house in the USA for himself. If that isn't greed, I don't know what is. Not to mention that his company isn't regarded that well in construction and real estate circles here.

I happen to own a big part of one business and around 1/8th of another and the first one (Real Estate Development), we did terrible under the last years of Bush, the real estate market was in the crapper, we're doing much better under Obama, the second business isn't doing too bad either, and its an exotic car dealership, so from first hand experience and observations, rich people are doing fine. Our economy has been doing much better since Obama stepped in. I don't know if you've read this yet, but yesterday, the CEO of a big Florida real estate company threatened to fire his employees if Obama won again. All at the same time while building the largest house in the USA for himself. If that isn't greed, I don't know what is. Not to mention that his company isn't regarded that well in construction and real estate circles here.

The business you run in your head is not what im talking about. I am talking about real life, I am talking about whats going to happen to the rest of the united states when obamas business plan fails, and it will because he doesnt have one. 90 billion dollars down the drain in green energy, more money spent on lith ion bats production failing all across the country. This isnt some fake business that you pretend to run this is real life and everyone who understands anything about business knows that it isnt working with obama. They fake numbers and pretend that we are getting more jobs but they leave out that unemployment rate doesnt include the amount of people living off welfare or the hundreds of thousands of 20 somethings that are about to leave college into nothing. I repeat nothing, because there is no job market. There is nothing for anyone to go to because people are afraid to spend, because the wealthy dont have the ability to make jobs when there is so much risk factors in it. They have familys too they have to look out for themselves just as much as the avg joe and the fact of the matter is that no matter how many ways you want to look at it Obama failed. He has failed this country domestically and he has failed this country internationally. It is time for someone else to get a shot, and maybe mitt isnt the best out there but he sure as hell gives us a better chance then someone who has failed us for the past four years.

The business you run in your head is not what im talking about. I am talking about real life, I am talking about whats going to happen to the rest of the united states when obamas business plan fails, and it will because he doesnt have one. 90 billion dollars down the drain in green energy, more money spent on lith ion bats production failing all across the country. This isnt some fake business that you pretend to run this is real life and everyone who understands anything about business knows that it isnt working with obama. They fake numbers and pretend that we are getting more jobs but they leave out that unemployment rate doesnt include the amount of people living off welfare or the hundreds of thousands of 20 somethings that are about to leave college into nothing. I repeat nothing, because there is no job market. There is nothing for anyone to go to because people are afraid to spend, because the wealthy dont have the ability to make jobs when there is so much risk factors in it. They have familys too they have to look out for themselves just as much as the avg joe and the fact of the matter is that no matter how many ways you want to look at it Obama failed. He has failed this country domestically and he has failed this country internationally. It is time for someone else to get a shot, and maybe mitt isnt the best out there but he sure as hell gives us a better chance then someone who has failed us for the past four years.

So they somehow had the ability to create jobs when they were getting taxed 90% by Eisenhower, and still not outsource people? They had the ability to not outsource people and create jobs under Clinton when they were getting taxed 38%, I really don't remember my dad crying about how he couldn't afford food anymore lol. I don't know what the fuck you are talking about when it comes to the job market. Maybe there isn't a job market for some people, but my cousin just graduated from Rutgers in New Jersey and he has a job at a company in NYC already. People are afraid to spend? Really? That car dealership that I was talking about, we've sold more cars in 2011 than we have in the place's whole history and these aren't Hyundais that we are talking about. We just finished a luxury high-rise condo building/hotel, we've sold a huge number of units, much more than we anticipated. So obviously, rich people aren't suffering. Maybe if you are listening to Fox News, thats what you might hear. Actually just today, the CEO of Chase, Jamie Dimon said that he wouldn't mind paying 38% in taxes. I think that if he can have a successful business and still make money, those other people can too. At the end of the day 38% of 10 million is 3.8 million, which leaves them with 6.2 million to spend. and 35% of $100,000 is $35,000. Pretty big difference between what you can buy with 6.2 mil and 75k.

Edited by Billy Mays

So they somehow had the ability to create jobs when they were getting taxed 90% by Eisenhower, and still not outsource people? They had the ability to not outsource people and create jobs under Clinton when they were getting taxed 38%, I really don't remember my dad crying about how he couldn't afford food anymore lol. I don't know what the fuck you are talking about when it comes to the job market. Maybe there isn't a job market for some people, but my cousin just graduated from Rutgers in New Jersey and he has a job at a company in NYC already. People are afraid to spend? Really? That car dealership that I was talking about, we've sold more cars in 2011 than we have in the place's whole history and these aren't Hyundais that we are talking about. We just finished a luxury high-rise condo building/hotel, we've sold a huge number of units, much more than we anticipated. So obviously, rich people aren't suffering. Maybe if you are listening to Fox News, thats what you might hear. Actually just today, the CEO of Chase, Jamie Dimon said that he wouldn't mind paying 38% in taxes. I think that if he can have a successful business and still make money, those other people can too. At the end of the day 38% of 10 million is 3.8 million, which leaves them with 6.2 million to spend. and 35% of $100,000 is $35,000. Pretty big difference between what you can buy with 6.2 mil and 75k.

Your anecdotal evidence holds nothing to the actual evidence. The market is not as good as you seem to think, but it has improved slightly over the past few years.

As for fixing the economy, let me handle it, I probably know more than most politicians.

Give me proof because until you bring in evidence that what you are saying is true what you type means nothing. What car dealership do you own? What luxury high-rise condo did you build and what is the name of the company? Untill i see facts like I brought up all your blah blah means nothing, just like obama. He looked like a fool during the debate for a reason and that reason was because he has no idea what he is doing. He talks a big game but has done very little the past view years, yes the job market might be a little better but most of those jobs will be gone very soon as the goverment funded jobs are dying.

Give me proof because until you bring in evidence that what you are saying is true what you type means nothing. What car dealership do you own? What luxury high-rise condo did you build and what is the name of the company? Untill i see facts like I brought up all your blah blah means nothing, just like obama. He looked like a fool during the debate for a reason and that reason was because he has no idea what he is doing. He talks a big game but has done very little the past view years, yes the job market might be a little better but most of those jobs will be gone very soon as the goverment funded jobs are dying.

I can agree with you with you that he did very badly in the debate. I wouldn't consider repealing Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Healthcare, approving the Lily Ledbetter Act, turning around the auto industry, ending the Iraq War, having Osama Bin Laden killed, and wiping out most of Al-Queda, "doing very little." I'm not going to explain myself to you, this is about the election, not me, I was using them as an example to disprove the BS you posted about Obama being bad for business. As to Teh_G, yes, it is circumstantial, but considering that I live in an area where we had one of the worst housing crashes in the country, where apartments that previously sold for 900k, over a a few months, become worth less than 300k, under Bush btw, and now we are doing better, I think that Obama hasn't wrecked anything for us. The whole Republican taxes argument is BS. And Awwik you have still failed to respond to the fact that rich people were taxes 90% under Eisenhower and still did well in the end, and to my comment regarding Clinton's tax rates.

I can agree with you with you that he did very badly in the debate. I wouldn't consider repealing Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Healthcare, approving the Lily Ledbetter Act, turning around the auto industry, ending the Iraq War, having Osama Bin Laden killed, and wiping out most of Al-Queda, "doing very little." I'm not going to explain myself to you, this is about the election, not me, I was using them as an example to disprove the BS you posted about Obama being bad for business. As to Teh_G, yes, it is circumstantial, but considering that I live in an area where we had one of the worst housing crashes in the country, where apartments that previously sold for 900k, over a a few months, become worth less than 300k, under Bush btw, and now we are doing better, I think that Obama hasn't wrecked anything for us. The whole Republican taxes argument is BS. And Awwik you have still failed to respond to the fact that rich people were taxes 90% under Eisenhower and still did well in the end, and to my comment regarding Clinton's tax rates.

You didn't respond to Awwik's request for information.

Also, different times don't matter. Different times and different issues. Increasing taxes right now will cripple us (middle class and lower) folk on the short term.