Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

New mouse and keyboard suggestions?

DeathShot

Well, I think it's about time to move on. I've had this keyboard for about 5 years and the mouse for around 2 years, and now the mouse is getting terribly glitchy. I have a Logitech, but it seems that it just skips around, becomes unresponsive, etc. And yes, I have changed the batteries... twice.

So, what would some of you guys recommend for a new mouse and keyboard? They don't really need to be super high end gaming equipment, but a comfortable keyboard and mouse would be nice. I need at least 2 buttons on the side of my mouse, and the keyboard, well, I don't play MMORPGs, so I don't need a keyboard with a F20 key. Thanks for any recommendations.

PS. Or, unless anyone KNOWS how to fix my mouse, then I wouldn't mind having it for a bit longer.

Current Mouse: Logitech M510

Current Keyboard: Generic Dell keyboard

Edited by DeathShot

I'm not a fan of logitech at all. Their stuff has proven to me to be unreliable and doesn't run long. Dell, don't get me started. I have the cyborg rat 7 and I love it so much. If your into wireless, the rat 9 is the same thing. But if you looking for a good looking, good priced, and good functioning, go with a razer. My rat ran me $90 unopened from ebay and my buddy has the deathadder which is like $50 ish I think. But the deathadder is a pretty big mouse so if you have small hands don't go with the deathadder. The good thing about the rat is you can customize it to fit your style of grip, size of hand, and functions. Keyboard wise, razer makes good ones but keyboards aren't really that vital when it comes to functions. I have a default acer keyboard that works just fine.

I'm not a fan of logitech at all. Their stuff has proven to me to be unreliable and doesn't run long. Dell, don't get me started. I have the cyborg rat 7 and I love it so much. If your into wireless, the rat 9 is the same thing. But if you looking for a good looking, good priced, and good functioning, go with a razer. My rat ran me $90 unopened from ebay and my buddy has the deathadder which is like $50 ish I think. But the deathadder is a pretty big mouse so if you have small hands don't go with the deathadder. The good thing about the rat is you can customize it to fit your style of grip, size of hand, and functions. Keyboard wise, razer makes good ones but keyboards aren't really that vital when it comes to functions. I have a default acer keyboard that works just fine.

Yea, I've been looking into some mice lately. I really don't want to go back to Logitech, I always had little problems with my mouse, but now it has just gotten terrible. And for the keyboard, I've had this one for so long that some of my keys are just dying off, so I need to atleast find something comfortable. Right now I'm liking the deathadder, but I'm not really sure how big it is compared to my current mouse (Logitech M510). And damn, that RAT 7 looks pretty insane, might have to look into that more soon xD

I know i didn't create this thread, but thanks guys for the leads. I am looking at upgrading from my default Logitech mouse and keyboard. The Rat 7 looks insane!!

Yea if you looking for a mouse that acts like a freaking keyboard i think is has over 1000 programming functions. I have seen atomics and it may be big but its a good mouse.