Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

suggestion, Admin screening process

ViridionPlague

i dont know if this is possible or not, but there have been new admins popping up in CSGO Jailbreak that clearly do not know the rules and abuse power right away.

i know its all automatic and what not. but is there anyways to implement a few red flags and delay admin approval.

maybe have a short quiz based on the rules of the server admin is being bought on. - questions failed would result in additional approval similar to the HG clan app process

same thing for age, under 14-15 or something needs a quick interview also similar to HG clan app process.

its just really annoying running into a new admin thats running around muting people for using the mic on freedays, slapping for no reason, and having to explain basic rules to them like what is freekilling..... or trying to use admin commands to give themselves guns. things that make it very clear that they do not read/know the rules.

Haven't seen this thread before.

This. Something like if you have 5+ bans recorded on HGBANS and your trying to get admin, it will be emailed to homer or somebody to be approved.

HG has no incentive to screen for competent admins.

If you pay for admin and you fuck around with it, it's taken away and your money stays with them.

It's better to not give the admin in the first place to stop the abuse from happening before it did.

No it's not. 15 bucks for a minor intrusion on the server. \o/ good deal.

Real.

Thats not what I'm saying, what I meant was that if the player has a history with bans/tlists/blacklists on the HGbans list it should be pre-approved. If however the player has a small to no history at all then he will be Automatically approved.

The good thing about approving someone is that if the player had a history but he can still be a "admin" they can remove some commands for him before they give it to him and then maybe after a few weeks when seeing no abuse reports they will readd some commands. Example: Remove Ban/slap/adminsay command. And after a few weeks of being a good admin give it back to him.

Although our system has a couple of flaws, it works very well overall. We have tried to make changes that haven't worked out as well as our current system which is why we stick with it. Although we very much appreciate your suggestion, we plan to stick with what we know and continue to do what works. If you would like to help out, please gather evidence against abusive admins and report them here on the forums.

Thank you

i dont know if this is possible or not, but there have been new admins popping up in CSGO Jailbreak that clearly do not know the rules and abuse power right away.

lol... they are expected to read and agree to the ToS. If they can't follow up, they'll get dropped. Not that difficult to handle. This reeks of rage and baw. >_>

i know its all automatic and what not. but is there anyways to implement a few red flags and delay admin approval.

Oh god, more administrative work.. please make our lives more difficult. It's like suddenly every admin that will sign up will abuse. See the last few sentences for a more accurate answer as to what I mean.

maybe have a short quiz based on the rules of the server admin is being bought on. - questions failed would result in additional approval similar to the HG clan app process

same thing for age, under 14-15 or something needs a quick interview also similar to HG clan app process.

If you're going to make an ageist like that, I know there are tons of 14-15 year olds who can maturely handle admin and I know I've seen 20 year olds do the opposite.

Emotional maturity seems to be a stronger factor than age here. That being said, I've seen the opposite of this statement too so don't get me wrong... not all 14-15 year olds are like that.

its just really annoying running into a new admin thats running around muting people for using the mic on freedays, slapping for no reason, and having to explain basic rules to them like what is freekilling..... or trying to use admin commands to give themselves guns. things that make it very clear that they do not read/know the rules.

oh boy... it's like this is happening all day every day. Seriously, it's jailbreak. Everyone new that comes on don't know the rules necessarily. It's a learning experience for them, they decide to use 15$ for admin... it's their perogative. We'll deal with the idiots who actually impact gameplay and/or cause issues for everyone else. More rage and baw... AWW YEAH xD

Finally,

how to answer this thread easily... what was the word

... ah yeah.

no.

To make this easier for the people who constantly make this suggestion, it's quite simple...

Stop making it. Our current admin system isn't perfect by any means but that doesn't mean it doesn't work either.

If this is a stupid rage and baw thread, I would consider asking for it to be deleted because rule 9 and because it doesn't make sense for these threads to be created.

We are working on a different system for admin and premium (pending homer ofc :P). Stop making this suggestions and these threads. It will save us a lot of administrative work and time.

Thanks.

Edited by enigma#

lol... they are expected to read and agree to the ToS. If they can't follow up, they'll get dropped. Not that difficult to handle. This reeks of rage and baw. >_>

Oh god, more administrative work.. please make our lives more difficult. It's like suddenly every admin that will sign up will abuse. See the last few sentences for a more accurate answer as to what I mean.

If you're going to make an ageist like that, I know there are tons of 14-15 year olds who can maturely handle admin and I know I've seen 20 year olds do the opposite.

Emotional maturity seems to be a stronger factor than age here. That being said, I've seen the opposite of this statement too so don't get me wrong... not all 14-15 year olds are like that.

oh boy... it's like this is happening all day every day. Seriously, it's jailbreak. Everyone new that comes on don't know the rules necessarily. It's a learning experience for them, they decide to use 15$ for admin... it's their perogative. We'll deal with the idiots who actually impact gameplay and/or cause issues for everyone else. More rage and baw... AWW YEAH xD

Finally,

how to answer this thread easily... what was the word

... ah yeah.

no.

To make this easier for the people who constantly make this suggestion, it's quite simple...

Stop making it. Our current admin system isn't perfect by any means but that doesn't mean it doesn't work either.

If this is a stupid rage and baw thread, I would consider asking for it to be deleted because rule 9 and because it doesn't make sense for these threads to be created.

We are working on a different system for admin and premium (pending homer ofc :P). Stop making this suggestions and these threads. It will save us a lot of administrative work and time.

Thanks.

Enigma writing that response actually put us four more weeks behind schedule for any more changes to premium and admins.

Owned by engima... sorry to hear about being put behind in scheduling.

I would have to agree with the upper management on this one. The work needed to implement said suggestion would just overwhelm our current leaders. Just the thought of how much coding it would require to make this suggestion a reality makes me shudder. Again, it would also be coded by humans so it wouldn't be a perfect program... nothing is perfect. Our servers are coded by some of the upper management and they sometimes have a hard enough time keeping the servers online. So if they were to put all hands into this new admin selection process, what would happen to the servers? My thought is that the servers would die and then what do we have. A massive gaming community with non-functioning servers. What good is it to have a gaming community without any servers? I say let the system be how it is.

Besides, the upper management already have a lot on their plate and do as best of a job as they can. For that I am very thankful. I just believe that if something isn't seriously broken, Why in the HELL would you try and fix it? The system works, it isn't flawless but it works. Sure we have herpa derps who abuse their privileges but guess what? There are abuse reports for that. If they want to act stupid with their power, then let them. They will have the admin removed and will only be preventing themselves from moving up in the clan, not to mention adding to the HG bank account so we can get better servers and stuff.