Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Cs:go Start Up Issue

Hey,

So Salsa has made a very nice JB v.8 map, and I wanna try it out.

However, whenever I start the game, the little window comes up saying "Preparing to launch counter......" I can click the cancel button, but after two seconds the window closes itself and fails to start the game. No error message comes up. No game window comes up. Nothing happens. My computer is not affected in any way.

If I try again, same thing happens. After maybe 5 tries, steam tells me the "application is currently unavailable (Application Running)"

I have restarted my computer several times, and in doing so, restarted steam several times....yet it still refuses to start.

When I ask Steam to verify game files, it says it is missing a file, and that it will replace it. It then starts doing a process much like the one it does whenever you play a game for the first time. However, once it has done this, the game refuses to start. During this, windows will ask me whether or not I want Steam Client to make changes on my hard drive, I click yes.

Help?

As a side note, I recently installed Norton 1. It says I have not finished the installation process yet and am waiting before ending it.

Sometimes not even the steam window comes up :/

Gonna keep restarting/verifying and update here on what happens.

My Steam thingy tells me that 'WackaMonk is playing CS;GO" For 3 seconds, but then goes back to "Online"

Edited by WhataWackaMonk