Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Re: Kicking Players Who Go Spy And Spawn Kill

bean-

Hi all,

There are some players who go spy and stay on the wall, right outside an opposiing base, of the Orange fix 100% crits map. They crouch and decloak, then they can shoot right inside the base. This is out of the way, so they won't get hit by a stray shot. If not stopped, they can spend ages doing this, killing a player, or players on spawn.

I have warned players when they do this. It's fine to shoot into the base and kill moving players, and even better to destroy teles. I think this is perfectly okay, and useful if players won't leave the base. But, to avoid players moving and repeatedly kill a player who is AFK for a few mins is really annoying to some players - they can be killed 20 to 30 times, over 10 mins, for example. AFK can be sorted out by a voteban, or, I'll transfer a player to specy, if they have been AFK for over 10 mins or so.

Now, how do we feel about this? I have only kicked 2 players doing this; and only then when they have continued after I've warned them. Are we happy with me kicking (after fair warning) or is this an acceptable tactic? I don't want to be kicking players, if everyone thinks this is an acceptable practice. What do we all think?

bean$

I personally don't see a big issue with it. When active players spawn they can see the shots and can kill the spy. If noone stops the spy, so what? It's a cheap way to get points but it does take a long time to sneak all the way over there and as long as they're killed occasionally, it's not really that fast.

/2cents

To me Orange is a place where you can mess around seeing as how you can instantly kill people with the crits enabled. If they wanna take the trouble to run across the map just to shoot afk people in spawn let them, I don't see a problem with it. Is it really so hard to kill the spy by setting up a sentry where he usually goes or going pyro to spy check?

• 1 month later...

Well i got kicked, because i was a soldier, killing snipers, i was hunting them down, cause they were near the spawn killing everyone and bean$ (I dont know if its the same bean$ that created this post) kicked me, i got back and asked why, and kicked me again. Personally I dont think that being a soldier and jumping around in a crit map, playing normally its an excuse to kick me.

Guest The_Monkey

Well i got kicked, because i was a soldier, killing snipers, i was hunting them down, cause they were near the spawn killing everyone and bean$ (I dont know if its the same bean$ that created this post) kicked me, i got back and asked why, and kicked me again. Personally I dont think that being a soldier and jumping around in a crit map, playing normally its an excuse to kick me.

If this happens again, please take screen shots of your console, or better yet, make a demo. This would be admin abuse.

• 3 months later...

There is a player STEAM_0:1:64115512 hatred666 that comes into the us orange server and hacks he needs to be banned, please do something, it emptys the server when he comes in. thank you, cronic

You need to provide proof of this incident. As well you also need to file a report instead of bumping this old thread. Please record a demo of the incident then upload and make a report here: https://hellsgamers.com/hgbans.php