Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What Kind Of Firearms Do You Own?

eclipse

Personally, I think in the "if i'm going to own it for awhile, it might as well be what I want". A few weeks ago I finished assembling by ar-15 and its rather satisfying knowing how it was all put together. If anyone who wants to own "the black rifle" and decide to assemble one, hit me up; I'll try and help with the information I gathered during my project.

My next one I'd like a .357 mag revolver, then move to a semi-auto pistolin .45ACP (highly considering a Kimber 1911 Pro).

Personally, I think in the "if i'm going to own it for awhile, it might as well be what I want". A few weeks ago I finished assembling by ar-15 and its rather satisfying knowing how it was all put together. If anyone who wants to own "the black rifle" and decide to assemble one, hit me up; I'll try and help with the information I gathered during my project.

My next one I'd like a .357 mag revolver, then move to a semi-auto pistolin .45ACP (highly considering a Kimber 1911 Pro).

Everyone has their opinions and Kimbers are highly reviewed but I will give you a little experience I had. When I took my concealed carry permit class we had 30 people in the class. When we went to the range to do some shooting the only person that had any issues was an older guy with a brand new in the box Kimber. It was double feeding (tried feeding two shells instead of one which caused jams). This was brand new and he paid $1,200 for it. I would never trust my life to a Kimber and just as there are a lot of people who would say otherwise, there are just as many who would agree with me. They are way overpriced and nothing but a name. If you want a 1911 go with RIA or Springfield. Cheaper price, higher quality.

That's just my two pennies.

• Like 1

Well hey I can appreciate your opinion, I've only shot my dads S&W 9mm a few rounds so Im not too familiar with handguns. The feeding issues and jamming (which I'm told is bound to happen sometime no matter what gun; I cant agree or disagree), is the reason I'm going with a revolver. And you mentioned Springfield, I think the XDS is one I'd consider for a semi

You are absolutely right about any gun can jam or ftf or fte. A revolver is a good choice but not necessarily the best option. It can't jam, but they firing pins in them break easier and they also are limited to rounds. I have always been a glock guy but right now I have been carrying an XDS 9mm and I absolutely love it. Small, lightweight, and holds 17 rounds. S&W are great guns EXCEPT the SW9VE and SW40VE. They have horrible triggers. If he has like a M9C those are very nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you talking about XDM? Pretty sure the XDS is the single stack that only hold 7ish

No, I was just wrong about the model. It's not the new XDs. It's the XD Sub Compact. Not much different other than mine is a little thicker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ahh what a great forum this one is lol... and what a great choice of a weapon Beretta 92fs i have one thats about ten years old i bought of my best friend for 200 bucks so he could buy a Springfield xd now he wished he wouldn't have done that lol iv used mine for years with not a single issue its my go to pistol used to use it in local matches and as my carry for the car but now i leave it in my room an use a Springfield xdm 40 with laser/light night sights its nice i also have a smith an wesson m&p 9mm, a ruger mark3 target model a off brand 22lr/mag revolver and a keltec pmr30 its a 22mag semi auto with 30rd mags its pretty sweet they used to be fairly cheap but now there through the roof an insanely popular now :/ but thats all my pistols an some unnecessary explanations but im bored.. and for rifles i have a bushmaster patrolman w a quad rail w light and a reflex sight mounted w a funky ass rail over the carry handle . a wsar10 that was the first assualt rifle i bought the morning i turned 18 an has has a million rounds shot out of it lol. a Chinese sks, polish under folder with a milled reciever a cetme with a navy reciever and a nikon scope. a savage 270 w a nikon scope (my deer rifle) a marlin 3030(my brush gun) a remington tpr 22-250 for coyote hunting (and zombies:) ) 2 ruger 1022's henry golden boy 22 my 16th bday gift a savage 17 with a nikon scope (my tac driver ) , mossberg 500 with hunting/breacher barrel and light and ghost ring sights, a marlin single shot 12guage, a western auto 410 lol and last but not lease a rossi trifecta 22-20guage-243 ( my wifes gun) an thats all my guns sorry for long drawn out stories lol ooooo also a pink cricket 22 that i got for my daugter on her first bday lol

boogie

LOL some of the artillery around the homestead? IRL

I wont go into it all.. But just know we do have an FFL through my old man.. ( forefounder buds training program 62 USN Seal team 2 Vietnam ) also owner and founder of Deschutes Rifery.

Now the hardware..

My Room.

HighPoint 9mm acp ( extended clip )

HighPoint 380 acp ( wifes with laser site )

Bushmaster Ar-15. Plane jane no goodies yet

S&W Ar-15 22LR.

Mossberg tactical 12ga shotgun.

The old mans house lol

Barrett M82 ( 4 )

3 Barret 50cal. ( used in Iraq to teach new Iraqi police how to shoot.

60+ AK-47s.. Issued new to The Vietcong Army.. Only dropped once. the ol man and his team would gather what they could and pull the rivets out of them to ship them home...When they got home from Nam.. they split them up evenly between surviving teammates.. The US gov found out about alot of guys doing this so in 67 they started going through mail being sent from GI's to stateside.

1-mp5

??? M16a1's.. I want to say 4 of them.

M4's #'S not sure.

lots of S&W model 39 pistols.( They were issued these almost everytime they deployed )

L1A1

a few m21's

Dragunov's sniper rifle (1) his baby.

Lapua .338 ( hunting rifle ) lol

I know i missed a shitload.. He loads his own rounds.. Everything from 50cal to shotgun shells. I remember as a kid.. We would smelter pop cans and make slugs for 12ga's lol.

brought a whole new meaning of "poppin" a cap.lol

• 2 weeks later...

LOL some of the artillery around the homestead? IRL

I wont go into it all.. But just know we do have an FFL through my old man.. ( forefounder buds training program 62 USN Seal team 2 Vietnam ) also owner and founder of Deschutes Rifery.

Now the hardware..

My Room.

HighPoint 9mm acp ( extended clip )

HighPoint 380 acp ( wifes with laser site )

Bushmaster Ar-15. Plane jane no goodies yet

S&W Ar-15 22LR.

Mossberg tactical 12ga shotgun.

The old mans house lol

Barrett M82 ( 4 )

3 Barret 50cal. ( used in Iraq to teach new Iraqi police how to shoot.

60+ AK-47s.. Issued new to The Vietcong Army.. Only dropped once. the ol man and his team would gather what they could and pull the rivets out of them to ship them home...When they got home from Nam.. they split them up evenly between surviving teammates.. The US gov found out about alot of guys doing this so in 67 they started going through mail being sent from GI's to stateside.

1-mp5

??? M16a1's.. I want to say 4 of them.

M4's #'S not sure.

lots of S&W model 39 pistols.( They were issued these almost everytime they deployed )

L1A1

a few m21's

Dragunov's sniper rifle (1) his baby.

Lapua .338 ( hunting rifle ) lol

I know i missed a shitload.. He loads his own rounds.. Everything from 50cal to shotgun shells. I remember as a kid.. We would smelter pop cans and make slugs for 12ga's lol.

brought a whole new meaning of "poppin" a cap.lol

Hey uhh, can i buy your old man dinner, maybe go to the range with him? You know, for science

• 2 weeks later...

I have an AWP, a FiveseveN, and a P90.

And I thought it would be fun to take my family out shooting!!

so here ya go...

Mom shooting FN P90 (actually a "PS90")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7iFovTrct0

Sister shooting FN FiveSeven

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gp04coMC6A

Mom shooting Remington 700, 300 Win Mag (which I refer to as the "AWP")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtqSSkqriO8

Dad shooting M14 (this is not my M14; it is a friend's)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-RCowEp1jE

No pics of FiveSeven handy, but here are the other 2:

post-10-0-72283400-1378442187_thumb.jpg

post-10-0-47806100-1378442198_thumb.jpg

post-10-0-11319400-1378442213_thumb.jpg

• Like 1