Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What Kind Of Firearms Do You Own?

eclipse

2 ar-15s, one a mock M16, the other a mock M4, both fire .223 although I have .22 bolts to make them fire a cheap shot. We also have a Russian FAL, 2 M1-Carbines and also 2 M1 Grands. We have a Colt M1911, a glock, several shotguns for hunting deer and pheasants, we have some older pump action tube fed .22 rifles, a blackpowder pistol, my grandpa has a smokeless powder muzzle loader which I have used for hunting. We have several guns not listed, mainly because I cant remember there models, also because it been awhile since I have taken stock.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has an FNH Five-seveN, although, for a while there, getting ammo for it was a cast-iron bitch.

• Aforementioned Five-seveN 5.7x28mm. High velocity, shoots VERY flat. Excellent for longer-range pistol shots. Yes, that is my actual gun in my avatar picture. :)
  • Glock 21SF. Double-stack .45cal (13 rounds), SF for slender frame. I have big hands, but it's still a chore to get them wrapped around 13 rounds of .45cal in the standard configuration. Accurate, dependable, but way too heavy for everyday carry.
  • S&W Shield .40cal. My everyday carry. Lightweight, decent capacity, very accurate. Coupled with a N8² IWB holster, you don't even remember you're carrying it.
  • S&W Bodyguard. .380cal. My summertime carry, because, sadly, sometimes you need to accessorize. :P
  • S&W M&P 15. Your standard AR fair. Adjustable stock, 16" barrel, mags from 20 rounds to 42.
  • Various .22cal rifles and an old S&W revolver from way back when I was a teen. Sometimes you just want to plink and not pay through the nose for ammo. ;)

My next purchase is probably going to be an FNH PS-90. I just can't seem to pull the trigger on it (pardon the pun) until the ammo becomes more readily available. I'd hate to have TWO guns that I can't get sufficient ammo for. And, I guess I should pick up at least one revolver, probably in the .357 or .44 cal range, just for the sake of variety.

All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with where I stand right now. Of course, there's always room for improvement. Now, I just need to convince the wife of that. ;)

Edited by Dr. Hfuhruhurr
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I own a model very similar to this, this one is a Savage Arms Model 10MLSS 50 cal muzzleloader that I was deer hunting with. The model is "designed" to shoot smokeless powder with shotgun primers and I was using a 300g 44 bullet in a sabot with about .44cc of smokeless powder and I shot the gun not knowing the action was ENTIRELY closed (it looked fucking closed) and I had a missfire and sat there in case of a hangfire as its so fucking common in this gun if you don't shove the load so its snug and its common not to. So I sat there for 10s and nothing happend so I opened the action and closed it but this time I closed it all the way and BAM the gun fired and scared the shit out of me because that gun kicks like a bitch and I didnt have any hearing protection on. I still dont entirely understand what happend or how the gun went off but the only thing I can say is im glad I wasnt looking down the barrel when it did. Also, I have had other issues with the gun and have looked online and its a EXTREMELY dangerous firearm according to most places (mainly because it tends to be loaded incorrectly or hangfires). In one article, (http://www.downrange...p?topic=11187.0) they say the barrel was loaded with too much powder and exploded in his case (http://www.downrange...p?topic=11187.0). Im unsure if I will ever fire mine again. origmuzzlejpg.jpgmuzzle6.jpgmuzzle10.jpg

Edited by Methland

Were i live hunting is a huge part of our lives. So is getting slightly inebriated and firing high caliber weapons at inanimate objects lol. As or my wife and i's personal arsenal we have the following.

Pistols:

.308 Beretta

Ruger SR22

Glock 19 Gen2

Deer Rifles:

.243 Rem (Bushnell Banner)

30-06 Rem (Busnell Elite 3200)

Shotguns:

New England Tactical 12g

Don't have any fun semi auto's as of yet but i am always looking for the right deal on them. With Missouri's lax regulations on gun registration i have no problem trading our guns for others at local gun shows which are held here in Springfield basically every other month at the Ozark Empire Fair with little to no fuss.

When we have gunshows in Madison, WI, protesters are always outside or sneak in and pull out signs. We have a lot of democrats in Madison which really makes our gun rights infringed. Last month in fact 2 people open carrying AR-15's (legal in Wisconsin) were arrested and held for several days although they did nothing wrong. We just got a law for concealed carry which is nice too, the democrats freaked out when it came up for vote saying it was going to cause all these shoot outs in the street over parking spaces, but of course that never happened.