Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

I Love How...

LazaHorse

I love how Riot nerfs Warmogs and Atmas because too many people were building bruiser. Then they nerf GA and introduce cleaver and now everyone's building Warmogs again.

I love how strategy now has two members of leadership, neither of which really play the game strategy was deisgnated to run, League of Legends. I also love that we'd be hard pressed to find someone for DL because no one would be willing to listen. Got a good bunch of people here. XD

I love how every thread I post in ends up in an argument between ME and someone. FYI, I don't even believe or agree with half the things I say. I post to provide opposing points to what would otherwise be one-sided and blind suggestions given this community's demographics. Socratic Method, Devil's Advocate, or Gadfly Poking; call it what you want. It's to promote discussion not to promote division.

I love how I've been saying for months that we don't need half these advisors, and instead we lost half these leaders.

I love how Michigan Law School isn't going to get my acceptance notice to me until after I have to put in my deposit for Maryland Law.

I love how long it took to realize mccain needed to be a leader. I also love how long it will probably take for Suicide to get the same.

I love how this show I'm watching has people fighting with chemistry and breastmilk.

I love how HG's gone from being a polis to a nation-state, and yet the proper government for a nation-state (a republic) still doesn't seem to work for anything other than administration.

I love how CSS, GMod, and even TF2 events get 40+ people while strategy events struggle for 10. I love how it's due in large part to the strat advisors not having access to send out steam messages like the 10 I usually get every time there's a TF2 event. I love how we were told we didn't have access because we didn't need it. And yet I love how everyone who joins HG is still required (unless the rules changed) to join that steam group.

I love how every time I say "blank person will get banned eventually," it always happens. Pz Belkashif.

I love how this thread will probably turn into another argument and/or get deleted for no reason. I love how that happens. Just me talking about what I love. Let it go.

I love that 4 or so years ago I found the crazy jailbreak server. I love that 3 or so years ago I got banned by DJ2 for going full italk and through that found the forums. I love that 2 or so years ago I joined HG and Jella and I laughed through my application talk because I had been around longer than her. I love that a year or so ago I was given veteran and a number of times I was given advisor. I love that my presence here means a lot to a lot of people, but more so I love that a lot of people I've met here have given me so much. I love that what was originally a place for me to just play games and be disgusting has become a place I can build relationships, establish hope, and in some cases share a theological and even basic love for God with others.

I love how some of the most qualified people in HG will likely never get a chance for leadership because other people are filling up the holes with superfluid (that's a chem/phys joke and a good one!). Hurry up and promote:

Headband

Moo

Suicide

Navi

Oreo

TehPlaayer

Hobbes

I love how HG's meant more to me in the past 4 years than my Bachelor's degree. I love how God's carried me through either way and I'm on my way to law school next semester. Thanks guys.

Edited by Larry
  • Like 6

I love how Riot nerfs Warmogs and Atmas because too many people were building bruiser. Then they nerf GA and introduce cleaver and now everyone's building Warmogs again.

I love how strategy now has two members of leadership, neither of which really play the game strategy was deisgnated to run, League of Legends. I also love that we'd be hard pressed to find someone for DL because no one would be willing to listen. Got a good bunch of people here. XD

I love how every thread I post in ends up in an argument between ME and someone. FYI, I don't even believe or agree with half the things I say. I post to provide opposing points to what would otherwise be one-sided and blind suggestions given this community's demographics. Socratic Method, Devil's Advocate, or Gadfly Poking; call it what you want. It's to promote discussion not to promote division.

I love how I've been saying for months that we don't need half these advisors, and instead we lost half these leaders.

I love how Michigan Law School isn't going to get my acceptance notice to me until after I have to put in my deposit for Maryland Law.

I love how long it took to realize mccain needed to be a leader. I also love how long it will probably take for Suicide to get the same.

I love how this show I'm watching has people fighting with chemistry and breastmilk.

I love how HG's gone from being a polis to a nation-state, and yet the proper government for a nation-state (a republic) still doesn't seem to work for anything other than administration.

I love how CSS, GMod, and even TF2 events get 40+ people while strategy events struggle for 10. I love how it's due in large part to the strat advisors not having access to send out steam messages like the 10 I usually get every time there's a TF2 event. I love how we were told we didn't have access because we didn't need it. And yet I love how everyone who joins HG is still required (unless the rules changed) to join that steam group.

I love how every time I say "blank person will get banned eventually," it always happens. Pz Belkashif.

I love how this thread will probably turn into another argument and/or get deleted for no reason. I love how that happens. Just me talking about what I love. Let it go.

I love that 4 or so years ago I found the crazy jailbreak server. I love that 3 or so years ago I got banned by DJ2 for going full italk and through that found the forums. I love that 2 or so years ago I joined HG and Jella and I laughed through my application talk because I had been around longer than her. I love that a year or so ago I was given veteran and a number of times I was given advisor. I love that my presence here means a lot to a lot of people, but more so I love that a lot of people I've met here have given me so much. I love that what was originally a place for me to just play games and be disgusting has become a place I can build relationships, establish hope, and in some cases share a theological and even basic love for God with others.

I love how some of the most qualified people in HG will likely never get a chance for leadership because other people are filling up the holes with superfluid (that's a chem/phys joke and a good one!). Hurry up and promote:

Headband

Moo

Suicide

Navi

Oreo

TehPlaayer

Hobbes

I love how HG's meant more to me in the past 4 years than my Bachelor's degree. I love how God's carried me through either way and I'm on my way to law school next semester. Thanks guys.

I Love Where This Thread Is Going

Leadership is nothing it's just a green name, there is no sliver star given or big thing you can put up on your résumé. We in strat need to working together and not worry who's gonna be DL,

You making a big deal out of nothing Being DL is not some big title someone needs to have, and a lot of pplz in HG for some reason or another think its some godly shit,

Who cares about other divs. worry about ours and just game. Isn't thy why we here to game with each other?

Edited by BigJ

Leadership is nothing it's just a green name, there is no sliver star given or big thing you can put up on your résumé. We in strat need to working together and not worry who's gonna be DL,

You making a big deal out of nothing Being DL is not some big title someone needs to have, and a lot of pplz in HG for some reason or another think its some godly shit,

Who cares about other divs. worry about ours and just game. Isn't thy why we here to game with each other?

"There is no need for there to be leadership in Strategy, Strategy is run by the players and any events done are organized by the players." - .Prime 2013

the above people

didntreadlol.png

You started talking about strat

My post in general everyone want da power!! Watch too much scarface if you ask me personally lol

Just have fun gaming !! Frag on

Problem in strategy isn't that people are power hungry. Problem in strategy is that no one wants to be in leadership or is qualified to be in leadership. Frankly, it's the exact opposite of what you're posting about.

I agree with your post, I just felt like what prime said needed to be in this thread :P

1, he's wrong. 2, good thread hijack. Strat needs codified and institutional leadership, probably more than other divisions. For example, you can easily write in TS server all chat that there is an event starting for CSS/Gmod/TF2 in 10 minutes and you'd bump the attendance by 10 or so people who had never heard of the event prior. The same thing in strategy would probably get 1 or 2 people straggling in. Why? No one in strat is responsive enough to that, people are rarely in TS to begin with, and the community of active members in strat is fairly small. Strat needs institutional leadership who can actively use the forums and interpersonal relationships to recruit people and promote the division.

Leaving it to the players doesn't work when all the players are lazy.

Problem in strategy isn't that people are power hungry. Problem in strategy is that no one wants to be in leadership or is qualified to be in leadership. Frankly, it's the exact opposite of what you're posting about.

1, he's wrong. 2, good thread hijack. Strat needs codified and institutional leadership, probably more than other divisions. For example, you can easily write in TS server all chat that there is an event starting for CSS/Gmod/TF2 in 10 minutes and you'd bump the attendance by 10 or so people who had never heard of the event prior. The same thing in strategy would probably get 1 or 2 people straggling in. Why? No one in strat is responsive enough to that, people are rarely in TS to begin with, and the community of active members in strat is fairly small. Strat needs institutional leadership who can actively use the forums and interpersonal relationships to recruit people and promote the division.

Leaving it to the players doesn't work when all the players are lazy.

Its not an immediate problem though, whether there is or isn't leadership for it, people are still going to play LoL and other strategy games just fine. All strat needs is just a dL and maybe a dA but I think other divs are more in need like Minecraft and MMO.

Its not an immediate problem though, whether there is or isn't leadership for it, people are still going to play LoL and other strategy games just fine. All strat needs is just a dL and maybe a dA but I think other divs are more in need like Minecraft and MMO.

Stagnancy isn't success. If we just aimed at administrating the games as they are now (again, read my post; already talked about this), we wouldn't be at several hundred members as we are now. NONE of the divisions really need significant leadership just to play the game. They used to give out trusted admins and had few leadership members way back when. Now there's an emphasis on growth and to do so, you need institutional power.

Good read.

ok time for my loves. They won't be so bitchy or long, but hey.

I love how my sleeping schedule went from sleeping 11 pm till 8 am to sleeping 7 am till 4pm thanks to hellsgamers and a redneck.

I love how some people will go above and beyond to hurt each other or shit talk each other on the internet.

I love how my compact WRECKS people but I cannot hit about 80 percent of my shots with any other gun in css.

I love how Laz is the best soft erotic poet NA.

512f9b655f2e0.png

512f9b4ab233f.png

I love how I used to laugh at girls when they fell in love with someone over the internet.

I love how I wanted to become a lawyer but gave up because I'm too sensitive to spend 2 more years around arrogant assholes.

I love most of you faggles but some of you are fullblown retards.

• Like 2

I agree with this. And yes we are here to game with eachother, however people have now become power hungry after thinking DL is such a big title. I could name dozens of people who are power hungry but I wont.
  • Like 1